More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:01:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197935 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #125 on: 2005 September 17, 10:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So for those intrepid Nightlife explorers, a question please.

How many extra character files does NL add?

A brand new custom neighborhood with a custom University and Downtown areas defaults to 263 files in the Characters folder (User00000 to User000262).

New empty custom neighbourhood with standard Downtown & standard Academy De La Tour Uni shows 275 character files.

Ta for the answer, you bearers of bad tidings you. Sad
Good grief, 263 - 275.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2005 September 17, 12:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember though, that's with a University and a Downtown. As far as I recall, Uni added about 127 character files (?) so only 130 are Downtownies, new NPCs, etc.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2005 September 17, 12:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, just a question for those of you who play NL. I've noticed something has changed in my game: Teens that you invite over no longer stay until 2 am like before, now they leave at 10 pm. I was wondering if you guys are experiencing the same problem or perhaps I have hack that conflicts or something. If it's a new thing in NL, then I don't like it.  Undecided
diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2005 September 17, 15:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that whenever I re-enter a lot (and this appears to be all lots), the Sims have all 'reset'.  Their motives are as they are when they first move-in and if they were at work, they're standing by the mailbox looking confused.  If they went to work in a car, the car has gone.  This means they are losing pay, losing vacation days, or losing work performance.  I can't adjust it at the moment because I don't want to put the Inseminator back into my game yet and I don't know of any other way of doing it with SimPE also being unusable.  It's becoming very frustrating!

It always happens when an expansion is installed, but it shouldn't continue happening once that lot has been played since installing.

I had the same problem with the installation that wouldn't show custom content or open Bodyshop.  They reset ever single time, I was only saving at 6am.  If they have a car they can still drive themselves back to work, though.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2005 September 17, 15:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, just a question for those of you who play NL. I've noticed something has changed in my game: Teens that you invite over no longer stay until 2 am like before, now they leave at 10 pm. I was wondering if you guys are experiencing the same problem or perhaps I have hack that conflicts or something. If it's a new thing in NL, then I don't like it.  Undecided

Oh is that what it was? I invited a teen over before midnight and he immediately left and I was like what the hell? He was a vampire too (at least I think he is one, or a goth at least lol) so it really didn't make much sense for him to leave that early. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2005 September 17, 16:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, for people suddenly only being able to invite two people (I have no idea why I got this, in my Graphics Rules.sgr file my computer met the highest specs), use intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 8 in your startup file. That doesn't get written over.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2005 September 17, 16:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Case of the disappearing/appearing lot.

As I moved in a circle around it--it blinked on and off. Kinda fun. .Avi file available.

[attachment deleted by admin]
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2005 September 17, 17:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anybody interact with Mrs Crumplebottom?  Whenever my sim tries to speak with her the actions are dropped from the queue.  I don't know if this is a bug or by design Undecided

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2005 September 17, 18:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anybody interact with Mrs Crumplebottom?  Whenever my sim tries to speak with her the actions are dropped from the queue.  I don't know if this is a bug or by design Undecided
Datapoint: me too. No idea if it's a bug or design.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2005 September 17, 18:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Datapoint: me too. No idea if it's a bug or design.

She doesn't like people.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2005 September 17, 18:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it by design that Sims will now autonomously choose romantic interactions when they have no crush/love with their target? In TS2 and Uni, my Sims would flirt and kiss each other autonomously but only after I initiated the romance first (i.e. after directing Sim A to flirt with Sim B once, Sim A will autonomously flirt with Sim B) but in NL I've caught one of my Sims going to Serenade and Kiss Up Arm a male dormmate and their relationship status is best friends but no crush or love. They do have high attraction/chemistry with each other but I've never initiated any romance between the two. I hope this is a bug and not by design - I can see my neighborhood erupting into a giant slapfest because they've all decided to flirt with their best friends.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2005 September 17, 18:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it by design that Sims will now autonomously choose romantic interactions when they have no crush/love with their target? In TS2 and Uni, my Sims would flirt and kiss each other autonomously but only after I initiated the romance first (i.e. after directing Sim A to flirt with Sim B once, Sim A will autonomously flirt with Sim B) but in NL I've caught one of my Sims going to Serenade and Kiss Up Arm a male dormmate and their relationship status is best friends but no crush or love. They do have high attraction/chemistry with each other but I've never initiated any romance between the two. I hope this is a bug and not by design - I can see my neighborhood erupting into a giant slapfest because they've all decided to flirt with their best friends.

They shouldn't pick romantic interactions if there is no crush/love, but there were some bugs with some normal interactions that set the crush/love bit inadvertantly--perhaps it was set because of a bug?  We have fixes to some of these interactions and the crush/love bit in the patches.
MistressBoleyn
Asinine Airhead

la reine sans tete

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2005 September 17, 18:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She doesn't like people.

Well, I can't say that I really like her, either!  Last night whilst on a date she showed up and proceeded to bash my poor sim in the head with her purse.  While I can understand this happening if she catches them in any interactions she deems "naughty", this one threw me for a loop because the date had literally just begun- no public displays of affection, hell, they didn't even have a chance to say a word to one another.  The sims got out of the car and made it as far as the sidewalk before the ol' bat began her purse-bashing.  Does she perhaps have memories of a previous date??  Kind of scary to think that she's stalking around, bottling up her rage for days until she sees the offending sim again!  At that rate she's going to be going through a lot of purses...

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2005 September 17, 18:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim didnt do anything except shoot pool and the next thing I see is her face icon and Be nagged...my sim wast doing anything wrong and Crumplebottom flips him off...whats the deal?

And that matchmaker blind date keeps sending me M. Shaikh the waitress...and she is stuck in a frozen crucifixtion pose and is totally incapable of interacting with...I have to use moveobjects on to get rid of her and Im out 5000 bucks...and its only the M. Shaikh character whos frozen.  And dont get me started on paying 5 grand and getting some elder who just stands around massaging her aching back, lehs, hip etc...that is NOT an ideal date in my book
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2005 September 17, 18:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol.  My poor sim got a bashing purely for participating in karaoke Cheesy

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2005 September 17, 18:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim didnt do anything except shoot pool and the next thing I see is her face icon and Be nagged...my sim wast doing anything wrong and Crumplebottom flips him off...whats the deal?

And that matchmaker blind date keeps sending me M. Shaikh the waitress...and she is stuck in a frozen crucifixtion pose and is totally incapable of interacting with...I have to use moveobjects on to get rid of her and Im out 5000 bucks...and its only the M. Shaikh character whos frozen.  And dont get me started on paying 5 grand and getting some elder who just stands around massaging her aching back, lehs, hip etc...that is NOT an ideal date in my book

Are you playing with custom content objects enabled or disabled? (be sure to restart the game if you change the setting)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2005 September 17, 19:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They shouldn't pick romantic interactions if there is no crush/love, but there were some bugs with some normal interactions that set the crush/love bit inadvertantly--perhaps it was set because of a bug?  We have fixes to some of these interactions and the crush/love bit in the patches.

At least from looking at the relationship panel, there are no pink or red hearts next to either Sim, just the friends/best friends little icons. I have older versions of SimPE and DatGen and neither were able to load the character files so I couldn't see if they showed crush/love and it just wasn't displaying in the game. I specifically avoided using any of the "Ask" menu questions (or any of the interactions with a lightning bolt or chair icon) with these two because I don't want them to be in love yet. She is just determined to thwart my storyline and fall in love with him when I'm not looking. Most of the time she picks non-romantic interactions like "Chat" and "Play Red Hands" when he's around and only has friendly wants towards him (talk to, tell joke, appreciate, etc).

For what it's worth, he stopped by her house so I had her flirt with him and both the pink and red hearts appeared in the relationship panel next to him. Her only other best friend is female so I don't know if she would autonomously choose romantic interactions with another male best friend she has chemistry with.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2005 September 17, 19:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh is that what it was? I invited a teen over before midnight and he immediately left and I was like what the hell? He was a vampire too (at least I think he is one, or a goth at least lol) so it really didn't make much sense for him to leave that early. :p

oh that happens to you too?! so I guess it's a new change in the game. oh I don't like it.  Embarrassed
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2005 September 17, 19:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as someone who has been (im)patiently waiting for my Sims to choose their own partners, I would much rather it was by design.  I never liked playing Matchmaker and will like it even less when there is one in the game anyway.  Once the Romance Mod is up & running again there shouldn't be the same problems with jealousy, so I'm all for it and hope I have the same bug, if it is one.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2005 September 17, 20:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I'd like my Sims to choose their own partners too, as long as I am allowed to overrule them when I see fit.  I mean they can kiss who they like but I expect them to wait for my go-ahead before they actually get married or move in together.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2005 September 17, 20:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom did you make a note yet of the bug about child visitors going home too early? 6pm they leave now.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2005 September 17, 20:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It isn't so much the issue of this Sim choosing to fall in love with him on her own. I plan them to be together and if it happens before I'm really ready for it, it's not the end of the world. I was concerned with her falling in love autonomously with other best friends she has chemistry with - especially if I'm playing another Sim and she's downtown where I can't control her actions.

However, I had her invite over another male friend and become best friends with him. As soon as they became best friends, she autonomously chose to kiss up his arm and developed a crush on him. I made her say goodbye to him and invite over the Sim I had planned on her marrying and she did not do any autonomous romantic interactions with him at all. It may be part of the Family aspiration and them wanting to fall in love and start a family ASAP, it may be just this Sim, I'm not sure. The initial autonomous romantic interaction threw me offguard as it hasn't happened in my game before NL, and I suddenly saw all of my Sims' dates ending in disaster because everyone was in love with everyone else. I apologize for jumping the gun.  Undecided

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2005 September 17, 20:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would like to add I have the visitors leaving problem. Only one lot at the moment, and it doesn't seem to be caused by anything I've done - I'm also hackless at the moment. Help appreciated on that one Smiley

A proud thread pirate.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2005 September 17, 21:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

would this include changing the "ask..." socials so that they don't cause sims to have crushes anymore? Cause I had that happen and it really annoyed me.

and I have been having sims leave early as well. I also had a toddler sim brought onto a downtown lot as part of a casual group. I will assume that was NOT an intended part of the game.
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2005 September 17, 21:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having a really really big problem with cars. Whenever I drive a car to a community lot with two sims or more the car becomes stuck, and my sims can no longer use it. If they try to use a taxi they can't, because the taxi gets stuck behind the unusable car. Theonly way to fix this is for me to exit the game without saving. Does anyone have any input on this? I can't go downtown in a car until this is fixed.

I also have a bug with the boquet of roses. My sim went on a date with her husband (they were living together obviously). The next day when she came home from work she had a boquet of roses. When she tried to place it on the ground, they would sign happily, then the roses would disappear and she'd place a new boquet on the ground, sigh, and it would loop like that over and over. I had to delete the sim to fix the problem.

Note that I didn't have any hacks in-game at the time these two bugs occured. I have heard from other people that have the same problems, but no matter where I post nobody has come up with a solution. I hope Maxoid Tom can help lol, because I really want to send my sims downtown!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: