More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:30:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 197923 times)
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 13, 18:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay well that's all good news pretty much. Any chance for a list of what was fixed either on Sims2.com or on the Nightlife CD?

I heard something about putting out a list, but that was a little while ago.  My suggestion is to keep constructively pressing for a list of fixes.  Anything in particular that you are worried about, besides everything? =)

Thanks for coming by and sharing the helpful info with us.  Kiss You're definitely not hated, we're just unimpressed with the behavior of your bosses. I'm more than happy to keep constructively pressing for a list of fixes and that all future support be provided in a timely manner.

I'm sure the top priority for most of us is fixes for the big things, the bugs that cause the huge fireball visable from outer space. We just want to be able to play without tearing our hair out. Reduction of daily stress is the reason why I want to play, so as you can imagine I don't want to do anything that adds to the stress level.  Wink

Hope you'll come by more often if you are able.  Grin
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 13, 18:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard something about putting out a list, but that was a little while ago.  My suggestion is to keep constructively pressing for a list of fixes.  Anything in particular that you are worried about, besides everything? =)
It's great to have you here.  You are very brave.  It's something to have a Maxoid here in this most irreverent of forums! Cheesy
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 13, 18:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay well that's all good news pretty much. Any chance for a list of what was fixed either on Sims2.com or on the Nightlife CD?

Thanks for coming by and sharing the helpful info with us.  Kiss You're definitely not hated, we're just unimpressed with the behavior of your bosses. I'm more than happy to keep constructively pressing for a list of fixes and that all future support be provided in a timely manner.

I'm sure the top priority for most of us is fixes for the big things, the bugs that cause the huge fireball visable from outer space. We just want to be able to play without tearing our hair out. Reduction of daily stress is the reason why I want to play, so as you can imagine I don't want to do anything that adds to the stress level.  Wink

Hope you'll come by more often if you are able.  Grin

I want you all to be able to play w/o tearing your hair out as well--it sounds painful.  Is there a centralized list of bugs that cause the "huge fireball from outer space?"  Meaning crash bugs, jump bugs, things being deleted, etc.  Please, nothing "design" related, because we all have different opinions on how the game *should* work (and I can't fix those anyhow).
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 13, 18:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's great to have you here.  You are very brave.  It's something to have a Maxoid here in this most irreverent of forums! Cheesy

I'm a glutton for punishment. =)
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 13, 18:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want you all to be able to play w/o tearing your hair out as well--it sounds painful.  Is there a centralized list of bugs that cause the "huge fireball from outer space?"  Meaning crash bugs, jump bugs, things being deleted, etc.  Please, nothing "design" related, because we all have different opinions on how the game *should* work (and I can't fix those anyhow).

Have you tried looking through Kmlough's list of bugs in the University section of the official site?
« Last Edit: 2005 September 13, 18:31:49 by HRH Posie » Logged

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 13, 18:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you preorder from Amazon Ancient Sim?

No, from play.com.  It's only £14.99 on there with free delivery, whereas Amazon are charging for p & p, so play.com it was!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 13, 18:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Righto Wink

A proud thread pirate.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 13, 19:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want you all to be able to play w/o tearing your hair out as well--it sounds painful.  Is there a centralized list of bugs that cause the "huge fireball from outer space?"  Meaning crash bugs, jump bugs, things being deleted, etc.  Please, nothing "design" related, because we all have different opinions on how the game *should* work (and I can't fix those anyhow).

Have you tried looking through Kmlough's list of bugs in the University section of the official site?

That and the general issues developing from the overcrowded neighborhoods, namly the Dead/Elder bug, the Final Exam bug, etc.
Actually check out the threads here:
So What is An Overpopulated Neighborhood Anyway?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=45.0

Too many files/sims explanation for dummies needed.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=158.0

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 13, 20:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've increased max iterations in Nightlife.  In the Uni patch, there was an issue in the Set To Next primitive returning unlinked sims, which has been fixed.  So sims with deleted tombstones should no longer show up in such loops.
That and the general issues developing from the overcrowded neighborhoods, namly the Dead/Elder bug, the Final Exam bug, etc.
Actually check out the threads here:
So What is An Overpopulated Neighborhood Anyway?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=45.0

Too many files/sims explanation for dummies needed.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=158.0
« Last Edit: 2005 September 13, 20:51:01 by HatedMaxoid » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 13, 20:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a centralized list of bugs that cause the "huge fireball from outer space?"  Meaning crash bugs, jump bugs, things being deleted, etc.  Please, nothing "design" related, because we all have different opinions on how the game *should* work (and I can't fix those anyhow).

There was a huge bug list I came across recently on the BBS with workarounds listed for each, of course I can't find the damned thing now. Anyonw have a link?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 13, 21:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a huge bug list I came across recently on the BBS with workarounds listed for each, of course I can't find the damned thing now. Anyonw have a link?

Did you mean Kmlough's list of bugs? Posie already mentioned it few posts above. Anyway, it's here.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 13, 21:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes that was it, thanks. Granted there is some "that's not a bug, that's a feature" stuff on there, but it's a fairly comprehensive list.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 13, 21:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Granted there is some "that's not a bug, that's a feature" stuff on there....

Cheesy
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs: Problems I'm having
« Reply #38 on: 2005 September 13, 23:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things that are bothering me with Nightlife that I haven't seen noted yet. 

1)  Move-in option for a UNI student is gone when I try to move him in with his Adult Pregnant fiance in the neighborhood. (Hey, it's time he leave UNI and be a man!!  He knocked the girl up!!  Wink )

2)  This one really bugs me, and I'm not sure that there's any fix for it.  Suddenly, my Graphic's Card is not strong enough to give me the desired preformance.  I have a NiVidia GeForce 5500.  Hubby just upgraded it when I got Uni.  It was working wonderfully.  I could see the Cinematics, I could invite 8 people onto a lot with no slowdowns.  But, now all that is gone.  Sad  My Cinematics are gone, and I can only invite 3 or 4 sims over for a party.  My game had even turned off mirror reflections, but I was able to turn that back on.   I know that Nightlife is a major jump in graphics since we can now see the neighboring lots, but I liked having my little special movies.  Sad 
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 September 13, 23:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two things that are bothering me with Nightlife that I haven't seen noted yet. 

1)  Move-in option for a UNI student is gone when I try to move him in with his Adult Pregnant fiance in the neighborhood. (Hey, it's time he leave UNI and be a man!!  He knocked the girl up!!  Wink )

2)  This one really bugs me, and I'm not sure that there's any fix for it.  Suddenly, my Graphic's Card is not strong enough to give me the desired preformance.  I have a NiVidia GeForce 5500.  Hubby just upgraded it when I got Uni.  It was working wonderfully.  I could see the Cinematics, I could invite 8 people onto a lot with no slowdowns.  But, now all that is gone.  Sad  My Cinematics are gone, and I can only invite 3 or 4 sims over for a party.  My game had even turned off mirror reflections, but I was able to turn that back on.   I know that Nightlife is a major jump in graphics since we can now see the neighboring lots, but I liked having my little special movies.  Sad 

1.) You will need to get him out of college by dropping out or graduating.
2.) You could probably tweak the Graphics Rules.sgr file in Program Files and try to make your machine look like a higher spec machine so that you have cinematics again.  We needed to bump up the specs so that we could pass the baseline FPS test with the neighboring lots visible.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 September 14, 00:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this just for playable students or any students? Can we still move in non-playable dormies when the playable sim graduates and goes back to the normal town? Or do we have to first move them into a residental or greek lot, thus making them playable, and play them through to graduation?

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 September 14, 00:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this just for playable students or any students? Can we still move in non-playable dormies when the playable sim graduates and goes back to the normal town? Or do we have to first move them into a residental or greek lot, thus making them playable, and play them through to graduation?

Young adults are only supposed to reside in university neighborhoods.  When a user controlled sim graduates, some NPC students are also supposed to "graduate" with them (at least that's the design), at which point they become controllable.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 September 14, 00:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that's never been my experience. I know some of the early screenshots showed a mass graduation ceremony, but with the game as shipped it's always been one sim graduates at any given time and that's a playable sim you've played (or cheated Wink ) through to graduation. In my experience the young adult townies/dormies just stay in the college town and are students forever unless you have an adult graduate (or dropout I suppose) in the main town move them in or marry them, in which case they become adult graduates, I believe in a random major and get the 6 wants and 2 locks.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 September 14, 02:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Young adults are only supposed to reside in university neighborhoods.  When a user controlled sim graduates, some NPC students are also supposed to "graduate" with them (at least that's the design), at which point they become controllable.
I have never ever seen this.  As Motoki said, only one sim at a time graduates at a time, and that is the sim you are playing.  I also thought that other sims who have a high relationship with your sim who come to the graduation party will dress in cap and gown as well, but they never do, even with a 100/100 relationship.  This was in the Prima Guide as well.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 September 14, 02:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The YA Sim I am trying to marry off is a CAS-born sim.  I have always been able to "Propose:  Move In" to a YA to get them to move into a neighborhood lot.  They go through the whole "grow-up" spin-turn and then can walk straight to the wedding arch and say "I do."  I've done this with both CAS-sims and NPC's.

Graphics:  Think I fixed it:  I updated my drivers.  Duh!!!
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 September 14, 03:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been my experience as well that YAs only graduate singly. When I first started to play Uni I tried to have several housemates graduate together (used community lots to make sure finals were within a couple of hours of each other). When the first three finished I kept them around. When the fourth finished she threw a graduation party. She graduated, they all stayed. Disappointing. It would make more sense if all eligible YAs in the house graduated together, but then, you would have to deal with them being grouped I suppose. Hmmm.  Huh

Oh, and I have never seen a dormie/townie graduate with my seizing control of them.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 September 14, 03:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been my experience as well that YAs only graduate singly. When I first started to play Uni I tried to have several housemates graduate together (used community lots to make sure finals were within a couple of hours of each other). When the first three finished I kept them around. When the fourth finished she threw a graduation party. She graduated, they all stayed. Disappointing. It would make more sense if all eligible YAs in the house graduated together, but then, you would have to deal with them being grouped I suppose. Hmmm.  Huh

Oh, and I have never seen a dormie/townie graduate with my seizing control of them.

Actually, I'm now being told that the townie/npc ya sims will not graduate with you, but will be marked in a way such that you can ask them to move in with you.  This is to avoid "taking them away" as friends for any other controllable sims you may have.

Also, I think we fixed some issues with asking npcs to move in with the patch.  Hopefully this should fix the issues with the cheerleader & mascots.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2005 September 14, 03:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never ever seen this.  As Motoki said, only one sim at a time graduates at a time, and that is the sim you are playing.  I also thought that other sims who have a high relationship with your sim who come to the graduation party will dress in cap and gown as well, but they never do, even with a 100/100 relationship.  This was in the Prima Guide as well.

I've never seen it either.  When my graduating Sims invite campus townies they do come in cap & gown, but they don't graduate with them.  I would love to have joint graduation ceremonies so the Sims I intend having move-in together can move-out together, but I have to do all this separate stuff.  And now they won't even transition and leave without a party unless I have them call for a taxi.  If I don't, they stay there forever.  Out of the last 20 or so who've graduated, only one transitioned automatically without a party and that was Sadie the Cow Mascot.  And if I'd known she was going to appear in the neighbourhood as a llama instead of a cow (ditto LaShanda the cheerleader), I'd probably not have bothered.  I already have one ex-llama who keeps appearing as a llama no matter how many times I put him in his normal clothes and it really annoys me.  He is by far the best-looking Maixis-created Sim I have ever seen and they hide hs face?! 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 September 14, 03:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys may have seen it but on VS they have complied a list of all the uni bugs fixed with Nightlife. Its a pretty big list. I won't copy it here as it isn't my work.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2005 September 14, 06:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you maybe at least provide a link to the thread? I've done a little searching and couldn't find a thread listing bugs as you mention, over at VS. And it's a bit annoying that you have to wait 30 secs between new searches. Roll Eyes Anyhew, you wouldn't have to post the whole thing, but a link would be nice and sensible. Tongue

Ste

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: