More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:26:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ghosts...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ghosts...  (Read 7023 times)
Geneva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Ghosts...
« on: 2006 September 09, 15:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I have killed off three random bypassers outside my Uni Sims house. 

The first was interesting to watch.  She walked by, I had a Sim stop her and call her into the yard.  I then drew four walls around her, neglecting a door of course.  At first she seemed unfazed.  She clapped her hands.  She danced.  She stood silent, accepting her situation with quiet dignity.  Soon she bagan to pace.  The room was small, her pacing required mere steps.  She stopped.  She cried.  She paced again.  Then the pacing became more frantic.  She called to me.  I smiled at her.  She cried some more.  My Sims ate turkey for dinner.  She wet herself.  Flowers grew.  She ate them for sustenance.  She began to smell.  My Sims climbed into their warm, cozy beds - one couple woohooed.  She passed out.  My Sims went to classes the next day.  They glanced her way as they passed.  She awoke.  She paced.  She cried.  She pleaded to me.  She really, really stank now.   The afternoon sun was slipping as the Reaper came.  I moved the walls so my Sims could see.  No-one pleaded for her.  The Reaper took her away.  I smiled again.  My Sims all sat around her tombstone and hung out.  She appeared on the second evening.  She complained alot to me.  Something about aspirations... family, marriage, children... I don't know I wasn't really interested. 

I liked her though.  She would only scare one Sim once and come out on alternating evenings, not like the barrage one household got after I killed two Sims through pinpointed abuse and neglect.  I probably shouldn't have sold their bed to buy a coffee machine.

But here's the problem, see.  I put a pool in over the place she died.  I moved the tombstone, but got a "cannot intersect object" message.  I managed to get the pool there right beside her but have not seen her since.  In fact no ghosts have arrived for nights.  The other two I simply fed to my cow plant.  This generated tombstones, but no ghosts.  Any thoughts?

The last thing I'd want is to come over as callous, but I like my ghost, and my pool.  To choose between them....

Geneva
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Ghosts...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 09, 15:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts appear randomly and not all that frequently. Even the cowplant ghosts will eventually appear. Just wait for it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 09, 15:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm ... am I the only one sitting here feeling really sorry for this poor Sim woman?  As for eating flowers, I've never seen that before.  In fact, I've never seen flowers grow autonomously, are you sure they weren't weeds?  Not that I've ever seen a Sim eat weeds, either. 

Anyway, as JM said, ghosts come and go.  The angrier they are, the more likely they are to appear.  As for the cowplant ghosts, the dead Sims are probably still in their original households, they never seem to go to Default automatically.  Try summoning them with a teleporter, letting them stand until the game tells you they died on another lot, then save.  That should put them into the Default house and then they are more likely to appear.  Not guaranteed, but it should help.  Try bringing back the poor woman mentioned above in the same way, just to make sure she's still all in one piece.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 09, 16:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure, but maybe that'll help:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.0.html

Could be related somehow, it sounds similar. Well, it can't hurt to peruse it, just in case.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Geneva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 09, 16:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veilchen, read the thread, thanks.  I may have inadvertently erased her marker.  Perhaps the pool did more to it than simply moving it to her grave.

Ancient, they probably were weeds.  They grew where she peed.  It is possible she 'gardened' them, but I am sure she ate them.  But I prefer to think of them as flowers, it gives me fonder memories of her.  But why would I want to ressurect her?  I'd just have to kill her again.

Geneva
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 09, 16:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I have ever seen any sim of mine eating weeds or flowers either.  I don't even want to thing about her "gardening" them - brings to mind lady-gardens Shocked

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 09, 20:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, what a depressing story, especially for me, who don't kill her sims at all. I almost cried reading it. You could use any fast "killer" object, without torturing the sim so much (woodoo bottle, or even the cow plant).

..Bad, bad sim player...
Geneva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 02, 03:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She finally reappeared after six nights.  I was happy to see her.

Lately I've been focusing my attentions purely on cheerleaders and mascots.  Unfortunately as ghosts go the mascots are just as annoying dead as they are alive.

Speaking of which, I managed to get a great enemy relationship going with one Sim and the Llama.  But whenever the cow comes over (Christy, usually) I simply don't have the "irritate..." option.  In fact I barely have any interaction options at all.  It annoys the hell out of me.  She barges in, shoves my Sim out of the way and raids the money tree.  My sim can do nothing in retalliation but cry.

Any ideas why this would be?  I had all the standard interactions with the Llama from the get-go so I don't think my Sim had to "meet" the cow first.

The friendship bars with the Llama are both around negative 60 and the enemy icon has appeared.  My Sim is working out, training hard.  So how low does it have to get before I can get my Sim into one of those damn funny punch-ups? 

Geneva
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 02, 08:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the money tree raiding, Pescado has a hack just for that: it stops visiting sims from raiding the money trees. Search for a hack called savethetrees.

Now, about the mascot and your lack of any hostile interactions: maybe you have to greet the mascot first, to mark his as visitor? Otherwise, you can get another Pescado shiny called interactwogreet. Unlocks all valid interactions between your sim and passersby without you having to greet them first. Might do the trick.

Let the Beast inside you free!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 02, 13:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The friendship bars with the Llama are both around negative 60 and the enemy icon has appeared.  My Sim is working out, training hard.  So how low does it have to get before I can get my Sim into one of those damn funny punch-ups? 

I think you have to go through the escalation of attacks first.  A couple of pokes, a shove or two, some slaps, and then the attack option should appear.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 02, 13:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have NL, you can boolprop a furious token/state against the llama.
That should hustle along any mortal combat Mortal Kombat!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 02, 14:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has a "Fight Anyone Anytime" hack

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=10576
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 02, 17:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, about the mascot and your lack of any hostile interactions: maybe you have to greet the mascot first, to mark his as visitor? Otherwise, you can get another Pescado shiny called interactwogreet. Unlocks all valid interactions between your sim and passersby without you having to greet them first. Might do the trick.

I get this in my game, too.  The cow mascot has limited interaction options, as you might see for the maid, gardener, or other NPCs when they are on your lot in a service capacity.  Greet isn't an option, nor Irritate, or Fight.  I usually just ask them to leave before they can crush on my sims, or bomb the greek house with water balloons.  The llama mascot seems to have the full range of interaction options though, so I really can't make sense of it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 02, 17:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe because the cow mascots usually 'hit and run', while the llama mascots and cheerleaders hang around to annoy your sims for hours with their constant cheering....

'Gooooo gerbits!'  Wink

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Geneva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 10, 01:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all, thanks for the replies... so...

First of all, and this is totally hypocritical as the reason I came in here in the first place was to GET hacks, I don't like to use too many.  I just have a few that take care of annoyances really.  While it is irksome that visitors try to raid the tree of a household that is just starting out and every simolean counts, I simply click on the greedy sim and choose shoo.  They stop dead and wait to be interacted with, then I can get to the tree.  Also some neighbours have money aspirations.  If I'm financially blase I don't mind.  As for the fight anytime hack, I really want to cultivate this relationship.  Get a genuine hatred going.  That would make the eventual fight more satisfying... unless of course my Sim loses... hmmm

I think you have to go through the escalation of attacks first.  A couple of pokes, a shove or two, some slaps, and then the attack option should appear.

Jsalemi, that's all they do.  Insults, shoving, slapping.  It's the basis of all their interactions to date.  I'll try it for longer and see.

If you have NL, you can boolprop a furious token/state against the llama.

Weaver, interesting... I have no idea what you just said.

Maybe because the cow mascots usually 'hit and run', while the llama mascots and cheerleaders hang around to annoy your sims for hours with their constant cheering....

True, but not as annoying as sitting and reading for seven hours straight.  Besides, I love it when the cow rocks up and the Llama is there.  That's always fun to watch.  It may be a inherent game design that the cow has limited interactions, but I had a hacked bed before my computer died and a sim with woohooful aspirations shagged the cow.  I was surprised when the costume came off and the cow was a she... hang on, DOH!  Cows ARE girls.  The udders should have tipped me off.

Like a steel trap.

Cheers,
Geneva

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 10, 04:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only are the cows female, they're usually really good looking females. Smiley  Great for shag, but I wouldn't let my sims marry one...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 10, 05:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only are the cows female, they're usually really good looking females. Smiley  Great for shag, but I wouldn't let my sims marry one...
My cow is a dude. I have a "Blazej" and a "Hunter". Those are definitely dude names.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 10, 07:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cows ("evil mascots") can be male or female. They're the counterparts of the "good mascots" Llama (male) and cheerleader (female).
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 10, 13:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must have had a good run then, because every cow I've seen on any  of my unis has turned out to be female.  I've yet to see a male cow...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 10, 14:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your odds of seeing a male cow is 1 in 3.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 10, 14:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought your odds of seeing a male cow were about 87.5%. Each cow has a 50/50 shot of being male or female, and so for all 3 cows to be female is odds of 12.5%, meaning an 87.5% chance that one of your cows is male. That is a good deal higher than 1 out of 3! However, a 12.5% chance of no male cows is not a small chance, so it will likely happen.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: