More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:35:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  i'm frickin bored no1 cook food for me :(
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: i'm frickin bored no1 cook food for me :(  (Read 8830 times)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
i'm frickin bored no1 cook food for me :(
« on: 2006 September 08, 19:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why every sims that coock some food never coock it for the entire family ?
on the lot there are 2 guest, and 3 childer.. and the idiot sim will cook just one portion of food...

any hack or fix for that boring-est situation ?  Angry

also i wonder why the parent can't say to order you room to the childrens ^^
or why the children can ask "cook some food for me !!!"
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: i'm frickin bored no1 cook food for me :(
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 08, 20:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dizzy had a smart-serve hack, I am not sure if it's still working for OFB or not.  As far as I know, it was on Variousimmers.net
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 08, 20:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

indeed.. but i can't find it 
i'll search it again Roll Eyes

*edited 'casue.. got it !
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=2002
hope it will work ^^
« Last Edit: 2006 September 08, 20:31:57 by MaximilianPS » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 08, 20:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've heard, it works in OFB, but it doesn't allow you to use the OFB features to Make or Make Many.  Someone needs to update it.   
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 08, 22:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always used this but had to take it out as it caused quite a few problems in my game once I installed OFB, in particular 'freezing' the fridges so they could no longer be used atonomously.  I do miss it greatly, but I won't put it back whilever it's not updated.  I'd advise you to watch very carefully after you start using it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 08, 22:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

looks fine.. maybe something different with glamour <_<
btw i'll test it a bit more  Smiley
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 09, 01:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could use XPTL's hack from insimenator.net. It forces all sims to always serve a meal. You will probably need Monique's no spoiled food hack from modthesims2.com.

Fail.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 09, 21:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

indeed it didn't work  Sad
it's hard to have a smart sim Tongue
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 09, 23:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh but you're wrong Max.

It's not hard to have a smart sim, it's impossible to have a smart sim.

I have Monique's no spoiled food mod, and I always make on of the household people cook up a whole serving and set it on the counter. That way, anyone hungry can serve their simselves. I have Marylou's cakes and quiches too (MTS2). They look nice, and any sim can grab a slice when they get hungry.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 10, 00:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using Smarter Food Serving, previously with only Nightlife installed, but have not noticed any BFBVFS problems with all current expansions. There are some issues with food placed in inventories - making bakeries bad for business - and food servings tend to be miscalculated on occasion due to the addition of robots (hydrobot needs lobster thermidor?) No autonomous cooking with micro-management food serving is an ideal option but tends to be a chore in larger households.* Undecided

XPTL's No Egoism is capable but the duplicate "serve" pie-menu entries (due to 'Make' being replaced) can be an eyesore.
There is no autonomous fridge lock, food serving changes and children being able to cook in comparison. Sad

I would appreciate an update for OFB compatibility (Smarter Lights & Babysitter) or even wishful thinking for Kitchen Uses You!  Shocked

* Inge's no autonomy fridge global patch looks interesting to trial in regards to easier management.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 10, 01:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would appreciate an update for OFB compatibility (Smarter Lights & Babysitter) or even wishful thinking for Kitchen Uses You!  Shocked

FreakyRufus at MTS2 has updated Dizzy's Babysitter to be OFB compatible: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=154779. I'm using it in my game with no troubles.

Not at all awesome
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 10, 01:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smart Lights has also been updated: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=188024

(taken from original thread on THIS site! - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5493.0.html

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 10, 15:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

numenor has updated the smart-light (smarter light now  Grin ) and it works great !

@veilchen
"Monique's no spoiled food mod" sound more a sort of cheat than a brain fixing.. btw i'll test it thx.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 10, 15:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One solution, at least for your middle-class or better sims, is to hire a home cook.  The DMA NPC worker set comes with one (http://valdea.com/), and Christianlov's All-in-one NPC over on MTS2 can also serve as a home cook, just like the dorm cooks.

I like the Christianlov NPCs better for this, in fact, since they can also serve as a maid, repairman, gardener, etc.  So they're not just standing around doing mostly nothing all day.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 10, 16:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True Joe, but Valdea is a pay-site and I'm poor. Not a qualifying mix Cheesy

And Christian's stuff looks interesting, but --personal opinion alert--- big mods always make me a little apprehensive. I'm always afraid that they stress my game to the BFBVS breaking point. Don't ask me for a specific reason why I fear that, I couldn't give you one Wink

Max, of course it's a cheat, but I also don't think all food spoils at the same rate. Aside from that, anyone, even simmies, should be able to put left-overs in their fridge. I keep cooked food in the fridge for far longer than the obligatory 6 (is it 6?) hours. I'd go dead broke if I did that in real life, just from grocery shopping alone. The pixel people can't do that, so in lieu of putting it in the fridge it just stays on the counters. Instead of pulling pre-cooked stuff out of the fridge, they just take it from the counter. Ah, I'm so good at justifying using cheats, aren't I?

But to be honest, I don't use many cheats, just those that do things that should've been included in the game anyway (in my opinion). I never used a money cheat for instance, quite the reverse, I love the no20khandout.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 10, 16:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True Joe, but Valdea is a pay-site and I'm poor. Not a qualifying mix Cheesy

And Christian's stuff looks interesting, but --personal opinion alert--- big mods always make me a little apprehensive. I'm always afraid that they stress my game to the BFBVS breaking point. Don't ask me for a specific reason why I fear that, I couldn't give you one Wink

Oh, right -- the cook is part of the VIP set on DMA.  Sorry -- I've been VIP there for a while and forgot.

Christianlov's NPCs, unlike DMAs, are regular NPCs.  They're not global to the game, and exist only in the particular hood after you create them. So you could have only one, or as many different ones as you like. And they're available for marriage, unlike DMA's.  It's a sort-of big mod, but it's been proven out by many folks to work very well.  I've got at least two nannies and a couple of a-i-o's in my hood, and haven't had a problem with them. So give it a shot -- worst case you don't like it and take it out (or never use the objects that create and manage the new NPCs in the first place Smiley ).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 10, 16:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the encouragement. I actually downloaded his NPC mod a while ago, but it's been sitting in my "Misc. Stuff" folder on my desk top. Maybe it's about time for me to make a new testhood, and try it. Especially since it's been around for a while. I should also re-read the rtfm, I thought it was a global mod. I've had my eye on a few mods anyway, good time to try them all. I'm particularly interested in Ste's TownieAging mod...--cliche warning-- no time like the present, no?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 10, 16:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually downloaded his NPC mod a while ago, but it's been sitting in my "Misc. Stuff" folder on my desk top. Maybe it's about time for me to make a new testhood, and try it.

Before you do, check over on MTS2 -- a new version of it has been posted within the last month.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 11, 01:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pixel people can't do that, so in lieu of putting it in the fridge it just stays on the counters. Instead of pulling pre-cooked stuff out of the fridge, they just take it from the counter.
My thoughts exactly.  Smiley
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 11, 06:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided just the other day to try out christianlovs Ain1 thing, but I want to use it to employ other playable sims.  Since I refuse to read through nearly 2000 posts at MTS2, I'll ask you guys - how the heck to you get that to work?  I've been assigning and setting hours, but I have yet to have the assigned sim ever show up.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 11, 13:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided just the other day to try out christianlovs Ain1 thing, but I want to use it to employ other playable sims.

Um, AFAIK you can't use it to employ playables, only the special NPCs you set up for it.  You need to create the NPCs first using the creation object (a platinum urn found in misc/misc).  You specify age, gender, appearance and clothing when creating the NPCs. Once they're created you can sell back the object, or keep it around for later adjustments.

Then you use the special stove or picture to call one of the all-in-one NPCs and specify their tasks, hours, etc. 

No need to read all the messages in the thread, but you should at least download and read the manual, and the latest readme/update text that comes with the zip file.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 September 11, 21:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, AFAIK you can't use it to employ playables

Absolutely, totally, and COMPLETELY not true. I have been assigning playables with it for six months. In fact, I have never had used it to spawn a NPC. I only use playables as my nannies and all-in-ones.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 September 12, 00:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but you should at least download and read the manual, and the latest readme/update text that comes with the zip file.

I did read the manual.  And in the manual it states that you can assign a playable sim to the stove.  Perhaps you should read the manual  Wink

I only use playables as my nannies and all-in-ones.

How do you get them to show up?  I assign, and give them start and end times, bit they never come.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 September 12, 00:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did read the manual.  And in the manual it states that you can assign a playable sim to the stove.  Perhaps you should read the manual  Wink

I just checked it again and did see the small mention in the manual about assigning another sim -- sorry, I missed that mention.  However, I don't use the custom stove -- I use the paintings, and they only lets you assign NPC a-i-o's and nannies.  I've never noticed the option on either to choose a playable with them (though I usually only use the nannies, not the a-i-os).   I'll plop a a-i-o painting in another house the next time I play and see if it has the option to choose from playables, or if that's only an option on the stove.

As for getting the playables to show up, maybe they have to be unemployed?
« Last Edit: 2006 September 12, 00:43:39 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 September 12, 01:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are right jsalemi, it is only a very small mention.  It doesn't go into detail at all about it, which is most likely why I'm confused.  I'm gonna go and play around with it some more tonight and maybe I can figure it out.  I think the playable were unemployed when I tried it, but I will double check and give it another try.  Thanks for the idea, I wouldn't have thought of that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: