More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:29:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's the best system to play TS2 and EP's on?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's the best system to play TS2 and EP's on?  (Read 11731 times)
JenL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: What's the best system to play TS2 and EP's on?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 20, 17:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While there is a topic about this - I am getting a new Dell PC beast of a machine, and the grpahics card they offer is either the 256MB nVidia GeForce 6800 or 256MB ATI Radeon® X600. Which would be better? I know it would be better to get one with more RAM but I can't really afford it. The processor speed is 3ghz, and the overall RAM will be 1GB anyway.
lauraglenn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 21, 00:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Lauraglenn, I think your video card is indeed letting you down compared to the rest of your system. I've got 256Mb video RAM but would like to double that to 512Mb. Suspect I won't be able to afford it though.

I thought so.  The game does run pretty well, especially in comparison to what I've heard from others.  I will probably upgrade the video card.  And the fans... the thing does run very hot now but only during the game.  Any info on cards would be appreciated.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 21, 00:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It pains me to hear of such advanced gadgets while I have to suffer with a MX 440 64MB.  Tongue
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 21, 05:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It pains me to hear of such advanced gadgets while I have to suffer with a MX 440 64MB.  Tongue
I'm in the same boat with you. Sad
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 21, 06:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in the same boat with you. Sad
Same here. I have a feeling the super cheap laptop I'm getting for Christmas is going to have better graphics than my desktop PC...

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 21, 10:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While there is a topic about this - I am getting a new Dell PC beast of a machine, and the grpahics card they offer is either the 256MB nVidia GeForce 6800 or 256MB ATI Radeon® X600. Which would be better? I know it would be better to get one with more RAM but I can't really afford it. The processor speed is 3ghz, and the overall RAM will be 1GB anyway.

I'd go for the x600, but that's just me. I'd also consider the nVIDIA 6600 GT. I think it's cheaper than both, though it only carries 128MB (don't know if there are any 256MB versions out yet).
Something Rainbow brought up: the PSU (Power Supply Unit). 350W should be enough for an ATI, if your PSU is NOT a no-name cheapo thing. nVIDIA cards are a bit more power demanding, but I think if your PSU is good enough it can cope with it (not higher-end cards though. Rule out any 6800!).
Ah yes, I just upgraded my RAM from 512 to 1GB. Loading times are significally reduced, game performance is slightly better though nothing to stand up and cheer about. Other specs: P4 Northwood 2.4 GHz processor, overclocked at 2.7GHz (I just love those Northwoods! Prescotts are no better than miniature barbeques!), Radeon 9200 256MB graphics card.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 21, 10:17:14 by DrBeast » Logged

Let the Beast inside you free!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: