More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:53:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Professors only count as semi-service sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Professors only count as semi-service sims?  (Read 5799 times)
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Professors only count as semi-service sims?
« on: 2005 September 12, 19:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a romance sim, she has woohoo'ed with one regular sim, and then was trying to woohoo with every single male professor.  She's full adult already.

Well, by the time she was on to the 7th or 9th professor, one of her wants became "Woohoo with 5 service sims".

I'm pretty sure that want popped up because she has been woohoo-ing professors (who's woohoo memory icon does feature the service sim).  However my sim has already woohoo-ed more than 5.  I got her to finish woohoo-ing the remaining professors, but that want was never satisified.  Eventually it just rolled away when my sim woke up one morning.

I'm wondering whether the game processes professors as service sims only when deciding what wants should come up based on recent actions, but otherwise are counted as regular sims when the number of times woohooing with service sims are being computed?

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Professors only count as semi-service sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 12, 19:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just guessing here, but check if there's only 1 'did woohoo with service sim' memory attached to the 1st professor your sim woohoo-ed with, 'cos if there's only 1, then maybe '5 Service Sims' actually meant 5 different types of service sims? The maid, gardener, mail man/woman, bartender, repairman/woman, barista, delivery man/woman, the rest of the variety I can't recall right now. Been a long time since I played romance sims like sex machines, can't keep up Tongue.
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 12, 20:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just guessing here, but check if there's only 1 'did woohoo with service sim' memory attached to the 1st professor your sim woohoo-ed with, 'cos if there's only 1, then maybe '5 Service Sims' actually meant 5 different types of service sims? The maid, gardener, mail man/woman, bartender, repairman/woman, barista, delivery man/woman, the rest of the variety I can't recall right now. Been a long time since I played romance sims like sex machines, can't keep up Tongue.

Hmm, I don't have any "Did woohoo with service sim" memory.  For each professor, there is only the "Did woohoo with Professor Blah" memory.

You could still be right though, in which case Maxis did a terrible job describing this particular want >_<"

btw I was mistaken when I said one morning the want rolled away.  It's still there )-:
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 12, 22:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a romance sim who got this want twice. She racked up 5 service sims, got the aspiration points for it, and then a few days later, wanted to do it again. So maybe all those service sims she did it with *before* having the want don't count? Has anyone ever seen a want to woohoo with 10 service sims?

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 13, 09:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I don't have any "Did woohoo with service sim" memory. For each professor, there is only the "Did woohoo with Professor Blah" memory.

No, no, I don't mean there's a separate 'did woohoo with service sim' memory on top of the one with the service sim icon. You mentioned your sim had 'did woohoo with (professor blah)' memory icon that shows a service sim icon instead of the regular cheeky smiling purple heart, so I was suggesting you check if the 1st professor your sim woohoo-ed is the only 1 with that service sim memory icon. If all the professors had the same service sim memory icon, then it would mean 5 different types of service sims. I could have phrased my reply better, I actually thought those were poorly thought-out sentences Undecided (was having a light-headed moment, am kind of anaemic) but you seem to have understood everything else I was saying  Tongue. It would indeed be a poor job on Maxis' part on describing this want, if 'Woohoo with 5 service sims' actually meant 'Woohoo with 5 different types of service sims', I'd be so pissed off if I were you, having done all that work for nothing Roll Eyes.

I had a romance sim who got this want twice. She racked up 5 service sims, got the aspiration points for it, and then a few days later, wanted to do it again. So maybe all those service sims she did it with *before* having the want don't count? Has anyone ever seen a want to woohoo with 10 service sims?

Nope, haven't seen a want to woohoo with 10 service sims, but only because I gave up on a romance sim's insatiable sexual appetite. And those service sims your sim did woohoo with should count, I'd think that's what triggered it in the 1st place. You could try letting your romance sim woohoo with other service sims she hasn't done it with, see if the want gets fulfilled. There's this npc wearing a dirty looking beige coloured jumpsuit and a cap that I've seen walking past on a community lot, I assume that's the trash (wo)man, but sighting is rare, then there are fire(wo)men, the exterminator, dorm cooks, coach(?), police, add these to the 7 I've mentioned in the above post, maybe it's a fulfil-able want?
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 13, 19:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would indeed be a poor job on Maxis' part on describing this want, if 'Woohoo with 5 service sims' actually meant 'Woohoo with 5 different types of service sims', I'd be so pissed off if I were you, having done all that work for nothing Roll Eyes.

Well in my case that sim did it because the story involves her sleeping with all male professors.  I didn't do it specifically for the want, so I'm not pissed off ^^

I might consider modifying the story a bit so she sleeps with other types of service sims too...  or just do it and not save it and see if it works.

anyways, just to be clear, all professor woohoo memories did have the service woohoo icon.  (-:
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 13, 20:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, good for you then Smiley. Good for me too that I'm not into story-telling Tongue. Romance sims' wants annoy me a lot when it isn't about their spouse, and when I finally gave in and made the effort to get them new lovers, they would sometimes gag and look like they were about to throw up Roll Eyes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 14, 05:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a house with about 3 romance sims I think from memory. I thought they could woohoo each other for a head start and I cheated a bit by using the nojealousy at all mod.

I must say I got really bored with serial repetitive woohooing. My poor Stellar family now languish unplayed except for when I need a sneaky woohoo for one of my other playing sims. Hey, maybe I'll go back to the Stellar house one day and find they've all woohoo'd 20 sims each.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 14, 10:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My college Romance Sim got the "woohoo with five service sims" credit from only three Professors!  My theory is that it's because she'd also Public WooHoo'd (changing booth) with two of them, and those got double-counted.  But your story makes me think that it's maybe more complicated than that; odd!

DC
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: