More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:10:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Pinstar's new Apocalypse challenge
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pinstar's new Apocalypse challenge  (Read 395925 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Pinstar's new Apocalypse challenge
« Reply #600 on: 2008 December 28, 11:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I mistaken, but can't you unlock NS with your founder if you start off in Uni?

Yes, but they were talking about not starting in Uni.

Social townies can be in the Natural Scientist career, so it is possible to unlock it early in an adult start Apocalpyse.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2008 December 28, 11:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is an alternate path, one which is not relevant to the issue at hand, namely, unlocking NS with your founder.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2009 January 03, 23:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the genie lamp?  Am I allowed to use that?

May all your fears & worries come true.
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2009 January 09, 12:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no formal rules for FreeTime, as far as I know. I'd put it under Paranormal, as I believe Luxshine (for example) has done.
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2009 January 20, 15:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious becasue I am late with this as it seems to have been going for a time. How long will this challange be up, and is it to late to get started?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2009 January 20, 16:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like playing a Legacy, realmscat. It's a playstyle, not a contest. So it's never too late to shove your sims into an Apocalypse.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
realmscat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2009 January 21, 00:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awsome Jelenedra, Love the way you answered my question. So, I'm off to shove my Sims into a Nuclear Holocaust. This is going to be fun.. Grin
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2009 January 26, 13:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too may rules...

I didn't see the extra rule about no spraying plants without science, and now I have a Plant Sim. There is no mention in any of the rules that I can see, of what unlocks the use of Plantophic potion. Any ideas?

More F than you
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2009 January 26, 21:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't buy the plantphonic potion until a couple things have happened.

You must have business unlocked to purchase it from a provider (Gypsy or GardenClub)
Either you must have slacker lifted to get Gardenclub members (GardenClub doesn't exist until Slacker is lifted) or you must have military to go downtown to find the Gypsy.  If you're lucky, one of those two individuals will be a walkby on your lot.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2009 January 27, 02:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witches can also make the potion, so you could become a witch and get it there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2009 January 27, 03:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With AL, you probably need to get some user-created rules, or the witches break a lot of the HARD.  There are several sets you can use.  I have a personal set that I'd be willing to share, you can get a set from wherever you like, or you can make them up yourself.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2009 January 27, 08:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen some FT suggestions but would welcome some AL ones. After I have Military unlocked I'm thinking of a dilapidated apartment building for the sims who move out.

My founder's family is friends with the evil witch, but my feeling is that Paranormal should be unlocked before anyone can become a witch.

(I have business unlocked so phoned the gypsy. I think it was on a tuesday afternoon.)

More F than you
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 2009 January 27, 08:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tngrspacecadet, check your PMs.  Cheesy
cindyanne
Asinine Airhead

Your friendly neighborhood grand multip.

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2009 February 06, 14:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just now trying this challenge (I need something to tide me over until TS3, after all Grin) and I have all EPs and SPs.  I agree with the witch being tied to Paranormal, but unsure how to go about making my own rules, so to speak.  Any ideas would be welcome!
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2009 February 06, 18:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cindyanne, please check your PMs.    Wink
Anghara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2009 February 08, 00:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello! I have been checking all over the place today and can't find any rule updates for Free Time, AL, or Mansions and Gardens...! One of the problems I guess with me having to have the whole kit and kaboodle, but, now I don't know what to do! My Apocalypse founder is almost through college, and I did find several "rumour" posts saying that Pinstar would not be updating the rules any further....

What should I do? I want to play the challenge, and I don't get a lot of time for simming, so it's taken me a while to get Hope (my founder) through to her Senior year because of that. Can anyone suggest some good potential rules to follow for the stuff packs and EP's not covered by Pinstar's rules, which I have up to the Seasons (playtesting) EP?

Thanks in advance!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2009 February 08, 14:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several player-suggested versions of apocalypse rules for FT & AL have been posted at Boolprop's apocalypse forum.  Read through the different variations and then work out a rule set that suits you.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
Anghara
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2009 February 08, 17:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank-you Kyna, I will check those out! Hopefully I'll find something that suits, or can be tweaked to do so. I love my simmies, both in free play and legacy, but this has been tempting me for a while and being so close to a start... well I had to find out what I could do and could not. Otherwise it would have spoiled the game for me.... Not that I will score it or anything, I do not remove my hacks for love nor money and could not go on without my custom content.... Hence I play for fun, not points! But that's just me maybe, and because I really do like Hope, she's been great through college, I just didn't want to have to give up on her and start again before her apocolypse had even happened!
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2009 March 20, 10:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy may be bad, but this is atopic relevant question.

I have searched a lot, but apparently my google-fu and my MATY-searching-fu leaves a lot to be desired, as the couple of hours I have spend trying different ways of gleaning the info i want, havent yielded any results i could use. I learned a lot about creating townies, and about clean templates, but not the thing i was looking for.

What i need to know is, what type of townies, if any, have any of the more fun careers, such as Adventurer og Natural Scientist, or Archetecture...

And if noone has them, would creating a CAS sim, giving him/her the right career, and townifying them, make them keep the career, or will it randomize their chosen workline once more?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2009 March 21, 00:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What i need to know is, what type of townies, if any, have any of the more fun careers, such as Adventurer og Natural Scientist, or Archetecture...

Social townies can be in the post-base game careers, including degree-required careers.  Different social groupings will be in different careers (e.g. jocks will be found in physical careers, while techs will be found in scientific or knowledge-related careers).

Downtownies and townies only get the base game careers.

In my game, with empty templates and social townies I created myself, I have noticed that social townies aren't assigned a career until they have moved into an apartment complex as a neighbour.  You may want to have some non-apocalypse sims move into apartment complexes so that their non-playable social townie neighbours will have jobs.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2009 March 21, 04:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone is interested, Anghara posted updated rules for AL & MG at Boolprop. Well, actually in some weird Googledoc. They of course aren't the "official", but the official is grossly out of date, and reviewing the changes they made there, they made a lot that I had made previously.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2009 March 21, 10:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its actually those rules im basing my apocalypse on, although ive added a few of my own as well, specifically about the aspiration perks you can now buy.

Ive edited mine, and will be rounding it off nicely, with some new flavour text as the old one is getting to be rather out of date, and can post mine here if anyone is interested. Its updated as far as Mansion, which should tidy us over nicely.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Treble
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2009 March 21, 12:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cyperangel, I would be interested in seeing your rules posted. 
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2009 March 21, 16:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Righto, I will finish it and then post it here. Might take me a few hours to come up with the flavour texts, but it should be up later today.

/edited to add the pdf file, as well as mention that ive kept the original flavour text. I had a brainfreeze so no changes there. Rules are slightly edited though, compared to what is on the googlethingie.

* apoc al and mansion.pdf (121.64 KB - downloaded 751 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 March 21, 17:45:12 by cyperangel » Logged

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2009 March 23, 14:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cyperangel, I looked through your rules and had a couple of questions.

1) I'm a little confused about what you mean by this on page 2:  "Benefits you gain from the hobby enthusiasm are locked by various careers and needs to be unlocked to be used."   By benefits, do you mean things like the ability to go hiking once you reach a certain level with Nature, or jogging once your reach a certain level with Fitness?  Also, are you saying no one can try to max out a particular enthusiasm until it is unlocked, and must pretend like they have not even if it happens unintentionally?  I'm not being critical, just trying to understand what you're suggesting.

2) Did you intend for both Adventure and Athletics to need to be achieved in order to unlock hobby enthusiam for Sports?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: