More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:01:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Pinstar's new Apocalypse challenge
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pinstar's new Apocalypse challenge  (Read 395912 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Pinstar's new Apocalypse challenge
« Reply #175 on: 2006 September 10, 07:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I got sick of having to build more levels.  After Nat Sci, but before I got business, I built another floor just to hold all the flowers from the crafting station - and it still didn't hold all the flowers made by one sim as he trained his way to snapdragons.  This is just a practice run (since I would have failed this in the first generation if it wasn't for a hack I forgot to remove).  Next time I'm doing natural science first, and my founder sim will be getting that gold badge before he leaves uni.

Before I got politics + athletics I had: basement, ground floor, first floor, second floor, flat roof.  Five levels, all full of stuff, very cramped.  Now the house is a much more playable two levels (although I still have the career rewards on the roof, so that makes three levels).
« Last Edit: 2006 September 10, 07:16:21 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pinstar
Blathering Buffoon

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: 2006 September 10, 14:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It says specifically that aspiration rewards brought back by the founder can be used. The idea being is that you can use them, even though the knowledge of how they are made is gone. With a shower, you can't use them because there is no clean running water.

Having a sim meditate just before death is a viable strategy. I made a basement with no stairs for my test family and had elders close to death meditate and teleport down there to die.
If a sim dies in a bad spot, you still can't move the marker until you have lifted Paranormal. If they die blocking a vital area, you'll just have to re-arrange the house around it.

Snapdragons cannot be used or placed on the lot until Natural Science is lifted. The idea being that NO plants can survive anywhere until the natural scientist invents the soil converter to allow plant life again. This is why Natural Science also restricts the Slacker career reward.

What kind of Legacy will YOU leave?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2006 September 10, 14:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snapdragons cannot be used or placed on the lot until Natural Science is lifted. The idea being that NO plants can survive anywhere until the natural scientist invents the soil converter to allow plant life again. This is why Natural Science also restricts the Slacker career reward.
...but they're potted, and if armageddon were to happen, hydroponic and potted planting would be the ONLY thing to work. That's why I use hydroponic potatoes in the bunker.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2006 September 10, 15:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a sim meditate just before death is a viable strategy. I made a basement with no stairs for my test family and had elders close to death meditate and teleport down there to die.
If a sim dies in a bad spot, you still can't move the marker until you have lifted Paranormal. If they die blocking a vital area, you'll just have to re-arrange the house around it.

Now you've got me confused again, the way you phrased your answer, you've inferred that Elders may NOT meditate to die outside the 8 X 8 Family plot?  Otherwise, why would you take up valuable space in the basement?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2006 September 10, 16:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably because the basement without stairs operates as a ghost containment unit. If you are selling their beds, do you really want them roaming around the house?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2006 September 10, 18:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts can only traverse floor-boundaries in the same way sims do, and cannot use elevators (although by default, they will TRY, causing horrific game lag).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2006 September 10, 20:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interestingly enough, my ghosts seem to be bound to the ground floor. They've never even attempted to go upstairs.  Undecided
Queenofsimtopia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2006 September 10, 23:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interestingly enough, my ghosts seem to be bound to the ground floor. They've never even attempted to go upstairs.  Undecided

OO thats lucky!  My stupid ghosts scare the crap out of everyone sleeping upstairs!! 
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2006 September 11, 00:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only one of my ghosts goes into the house.  He was out haunting the night his grandson was born, and he appears to have been called upstairs to see the new baby.  Since then he's continued to go upstairs whenever he haunts.  The rest stay outside, apparently unable to go up the few steps to the foundation.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2006 September 11, 03:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My legacy ghosts mostly stay in the yard, making it a thrilling adventure for anyone who goes outside at night. Occasionally one of them makes it up the steps onto the ground floor.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2006 September 11, 04:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My ghosts go anywhere and everywhere, unless I put water around them. Balconies, basements, third floors, whatever, nothing deters them. They like to break things and scare small children and pregnant women. They also cause intense lag in my game, so I send them off to the cemetery.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2006 September 11, 12:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which reminds me of another question I had.

Once paranormal is lifted, do graves need to stay on the lot?  I'm asking because the ghosts slow my game down (particularly when several of them are out at once) and I'd like to send them off to the cemetery.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2006 September 11, 14:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think so, since you are allowed to both move and sell gravestones after you lift Paranormal.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2006 September 11, 14:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't know any apocalyptic CC, but I plan on making some Fallout esque leather armours once I get my pc back...

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2006 September 11, 23:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just wait till you see my mutants.  Cheesy

TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2006 September 12, 01:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded some zombie skins from MTS2.  I was going to turn them into S1-S4 default replacements and use custom skins for my founder and spouse from Uni (using SimPE to edit the future spouse's skin DNA once identified).  Heirs will have to marry zombies though.  I'll take out the zombie default replacements once the medical restriction is lifted.

I assume vampirism is ok.  I'm thinking about trying to get my female founder bitten when she's ready to start having kids.  It will make for easy pregnancies and she won't age.   Maybe she'll bear all the sims I'll use to lift all the restrictions.  Haven't decided.  If she's lucky and makes some cash on a chance card, I might not even have to get her married (I'm assuming that she'll lift a restriction first then get pregnant and quit the job).  That way she can have 7 kids on the lot, although having a non-vamp spouse might be very useful with many little ones running about, and he'll lift a restriction too.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 12, 02:02:29 by TreyNutz » Logged

Just coincidence but it works.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2006 September 12, 02:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I ever get my first heir to teenage years without his parents dying, I'll almost consider that an act of God.  I've got to get another adult onto the lot soon. 
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2006 September 12, 15:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombies are sterile though. =p

For those interested: It's not Apocalyptic, but it's nice and sci-fi and would fit.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=189686
« Last Edit: 2006 September 12, 16:48:14 by Jelenedra » Logged

TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2006 September 12, 22:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombies are sterile though. =p

For those interested: It's not Apocalyptic, but it's nice and sci-fi and would fit.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=189686

I need Road Warrior outfits!  But that link is close enough, at least for female sims.  And by zombies, I didn't mean real ones, just townies with zombie skins.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2006 September 12, 22:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I was teasin'

=p

Well, I promise to make some Road Warrior Outfits once I get my PC back. (might be awhile)

If you want to help me hunt for textures.... *whistles*

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2006 September 12, 23:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I've never had a zombie, so I don't know. Are the males one sterile, too? Or just females? I don't mean the pregnant part, just the actual impregnating part.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2006 September 13, 00:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TreyNutz, have you seen Enayla's new, gross pixie skins? They aren't zombie grey, but they are kinda gross. (I actually have one as a zombie replacement.)

TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2006 September 13, 00:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kutto, From what I understand, all zombies are sterile.  I've never actually tried to get them to mate, I just assumed neither way would work.

rohina, yes, I have Enayla's pixierot skin.  I was going to make it a default skin for S4.  I have 3 other zombie skins for the other skin tones.  I saw her other horror skins, but ultimately decided on 4 radically different zombie skins for my Apocalypse neighborhood.  My favorite is this one.  I have it as a zombie replacement in my current game.

I'll have to set up the neighborhood, then play a sim there to run a clothing shop so I can clothe all the townies Road Warrior style before I start the challenge with my founder.  It didn't take me too long to do most of Pleasantview with a couple of vampires and the sethour cheat.

Jelendera, textures?  Sorry, I've never made clothes.  The most I've ever done is change the HSL values to recolor the Captain Hero outfit to make my SSS suit.  But any Road Warrior outifts you make would be awesome.  I'd probably use them outside the challenge too.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2006 September 13, 01:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really looking forward to seeing some pix of this apocalypse hood. We can have a mutant-off.  Cheesy

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2006 September 13, 02:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TreyNutz, have you seen Enayla's new, gross pixie skins? They aren't zombie grey, but they are kinda gross. (I actually have one as a zombie replacement.)

I took all of Enayla's new makeup for her Unholy Collection and modified it to make it mix & match with the others in my game to be layered with others, or with each other, all ages, both genders.

Kinda hard to explain in words (so pics below), but literally it opens up those makeups to be used in ways they originally weren't intended to be.  Especially helpful if you are doing a Legacy and want to show thru makeup that you have a Black Sheep (Alien-Zombie-Vampire)...you can wear all 3 at the same time and layer other makeup effects all the while too.

Here...like this clicky here or this clicky here .

I suppose as well just because I thought it would be cool and interesting to do.  hehehe.

I do have the Unholy Collection now as the defaults for my aliens, zombies and vampires as well.  I really thought they were neat.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: