More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:32:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Talk by phone sitting or relaxing.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Talk by phone sitting or relaxing.  (Read 5616 times)
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Talk by phone sitting or relaxing.
« on: 2006 September 04, 01:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it seems not very reasonable when your sim talk by phone standing up
sometimes for several simhours.Maybe it's possible to give some rest and
comfort for sims asses?  ::)Talk by phone sitting or relaxing seems more natural
for lazy sim's life.Needs new animation or what?
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Talk by phone sitting or relaxing.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 04, 01:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always liked that idea and wondered why Maxis didn't give Sims the option to sit and talk when on the phone too.

Perhaps the two were too hard to put together, who knows?
« Last Edit: 2006 September 04, 03:12:50 by aussieone » Logged

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 04, 02:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's also the same with babies and toddlers -- except for the occasional glitch, parents don't sit holding a baby or toddler, which is really dumb too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 04, 03:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes sense, all right.  As for new animation, I don't know.  A sit animation already exists, but it would be a matter of telling the game to have the Sim do it while talking.  Don't know if that's possible--but El Presidente does, presumably.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 05, 05:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, given that the sims often get their arms stuck in position accidently (especially when playing chess), or do things like walk around with a baby attached to themselves, you'd think that it would be possible to make that happen on purpose without adding new animations.  I have no idea how complicated that would be, but it would work in theory.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 05, 21:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always wondered why this wasn't an option as well....Like the tv where while relaxing in bed, or lounging on the couch, you have the option to watch it.  It'd be awesome to give the option to "sit and chat" when you click on a chair or couch.  Or have the option, while sitting to "call sim"(with the cell phone most likely, unless someone made a hack that actually made the sim get up, grab the phone and sit back down.)
That'd be a super addition since I make me sims talk for hours once a week to keep relationships in good standing...and by the time they're done, they're comfort level is usually dreadfully low...although i don't really care if they're comfortable or not. Wink
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 05, 23:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why maxis hasn't made this is a mystery.
Why modders haven't made it is a matter of animation.

The only way I can think to solve it would be if someone made a neat little hands free set to replace the cell phone.  Pescado is the only modder I'm sure could do it, and he's not likely to be interested.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 05, 23:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had an odd thing happen the other day. A sim and her father-in-law sat down on the floor to hang out (autonomously) and the mother-in-law came over and sat down on the couch next to them and joined into the 'hanging out' interaction. I'd never actually seen a sim use furniture and hang out.

I'd love it if you could actually have your sims sit on the furniture and hang out. I know if you have a bunch sit on the furniture near each other, they will talk and chat, but it's not nearly as engrossing as the 'hang out' option.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 05, 23:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen that happen in dorms, where a sim sitting at a table or on a couch sort-of joins the hang-out other sims are doing. Sometimes they get the icon, other times they don't, but it's obvious they're talking to the hanging-out sims.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 06, 15:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generally it is sims that are joining the hang out that use furniture. The two that initate it always sit and stare each other down.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 06, 22:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sit to talk on the phone would be nice, but it doesn't bother me near as much as standing to feed a baby. I know people that pace when they talk on the phone (sometimes I'm one of them :) but I don't know *anyone* that feeds a baby standing up and throws the bottle on the floor :p It's just so wrong it drives me nutso... well more nutso, with extra nuts and whipped cream, and bananas cuz I'm not allergic.

Unsouper
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 07, 03:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine it was a time factor... Time to make the animations to sit and hold a baby (man I'd love a rocker, that would be awesome) and feed it, as well as the in-game time to get the baby, get the bottle, sit down, feed the baby, get up... I'd prefer it's different, but I can see that animation choice being one they decided to cut to focus on other stuff. Now if only they'd add it with an ep..

The whole throwing the bottle thing on the floor, though. That irks me. Especially when there's a trash can nearby.

gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 07, 05:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It drives me up the wall when they throw the damn bottle on the floor!

Maybe it's about not being able to hold two things at once.  Maybe it's a choice between throwing the bottle on the floor and throwing the baby on the floor.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 07, 15:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's about not being able to hold two things at once.  Maybe it's a choice between throwing the bottle on the floor and throwing the baby on the floor.
That's pretty much it, yes. I tried at one point to make them trash the bottle. The results weren't pretty.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 07, 22:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the baby hovering in mid air or something? That would be an ugly thing, indeed...I've seen it happen.  Shocked
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: