More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:55:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Professor regeneration?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Professor regeneration?  (Read 3916 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Professor regeneration?
« on: 2005 September 12, 14:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the no townie ,no secret society, no dormie and no townie children regeneration mods, but can the professor regenerating be nuked as well? I'm assuming more profs get added each time a sim goes to uni; I had sent a few sims to uni last week, and had one of my sims fall in love with and eventually marry a professor that had wandered onto the lot. I was having the "multiple instances of same sims" from simPe problem at the time, so I had to go to a backup and re-send those teens to uni. I wanted the same storyline with that particular professor, but there was no professor by the same name in the new game. I recreated her in cas as a regular sim, so that's not my problem anymore, anyway. But it did make me wonder how many new professors are added each time a sim goes to uni, and why can't they just re-use the professors already there?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Professor regeneration?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 12, 14:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game there are always one of each sex per major and I would imagine if one is married off, a new one of the appropriate sex will take their place.  When I added several custom majors, it created two new professors for each one (so I immediately removed the custom majors and deleted the professors).  I want to delete my Uni neighbourhood and put in a new one as mine is a total mess, but I'm concerned as to whether the game will use the original professors if I leave them in the game, or insist on creating a whole load of new ones for the new Uni once the students start going to class (and after I've used the delete all characters cheat to clear the Uni neighbourhood before playing it).  The last thing I want is a whole load of new professors.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 12, 14:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually just created a new neighbourhood and used the deleteallcharacters cheat.  When my sim moved into a dorm the game lagged and created 24 professors.  Presumably 2 professors are needed per degree subject at any given time Huh

*Edit* Actually there are only 11 majors so I have no idea why I have 24 professors.  As Ancient Sim mentions I also have one male and one female per major.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 12, 15:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those extra two professors are probably the ones who are always hanging around on the porch.There are always a couple who don't seem to actually be teaching anything (very realistic).  My college sims occasionally met a third professor in Junior year - although that was in my totally buggy and now deleted neigbourhood.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 12, 15:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually just created a new neighbourhood and used the deleteallcharacters cheat.  When my sim moved into a dorm the game lagged and created 24 professors.  Presumably 2 professors are needed per degree subject at any given time Huh

*Edit* Actually there are only 11 majors so I have no idea why I have 24 professors.  As Ancient Sim mentions I also have one male and one female per major.

I never took the time to count the majors, but did you count undeclared as a major? They get two profs too.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 12, 15:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh of course, thanks very much Kitiara Smiley  There are 11 majors to choose from in addition to the standard undeclared major that you mention.  So far all my sims on the same course are meeting the same two professors so I can only assume they are regenerated when the pool needs restocking.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 12, 16:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My college sims occasionally met a third professor in Junior year - although that was in my totally buggy and now deleted neigbourhood.

That happens in my game, too.  Then again, it's becoming increasingly obvious that my Pleasantview is totally buggy and needs to be deleted.  I really don't think I can do it, though.  Sad, but I would feel as if I was committing mass murder.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Danni
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 12, 17:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did it. Solved loads of problems.

...now I've just got to recreate everything Tongue

I like to be able to read people's posts.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: