More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:47:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  sky projector
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sky projector  (Read 9432 times)
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
sky projector
« on: 2006 August 31, 11:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you seen this? Its rather nice to have cloudy sky's! http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=187229

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: sky projector
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 31, 12:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It certainly looks good in the pictures, and if it works as advertised the story/movie makers could use it. I am however, a little skeptical about any kind of weather in TS2. I'm also unfamiliar with the modder, but then again, there are only a handful that I trust enough to download from.

I wonder what the experts think about this Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 31, 12:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm pretty sure that it won't have any of the effects that the actual weather had, so I certainly see no harm in having it. I wouldn't mind if it actually did cause weather randomly, though, but it would probably be buggy like all the other ones that have been released.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 31, 12:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive got this installed, all it does is randomly change the sky, not give actual weather ... very nice looking, worth a DL IMO Smiley

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 31, 13:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only drawback for me is that you have to turn your neighbourhood view all the way up to extra large. My computer will simply explode if I'd try to do that. Pity, it looks fabulous.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 31, 13:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a pity! It make's the view a tad more 'real' Smiley

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 31, 16:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you read the thread about it, it supposedly stopped working with the nightlife engine, and is no longer supported.

Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 31, 17:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, its working beautifully, this weather sky and gunmod's light thing (soooo amazing looking in game! I wish id used it long ago)

moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 01, 00:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mabie Ellatrudes thinking of the old one. This one was posted only a few days ago.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 01, 00:43:49 by moonluck » Logged

Or I could be totally wrong...
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 01, 02:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what the experts think about this Cheesy
Ditto.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 01, 04:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOOH! NEW AND SHINY?

* Ellatrue removes the foot from her mouth

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 01, 14:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to try it out and I think it looks pretty good.. There are a few strips of unaltered sky near water after some hills.

I tried gunmod's light mod for the first time because of this, and frankly, i don' t get it. Why would anyone want their game so dark that you have to have the lights in the game turned on in the daytime?

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 01, 15:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because there is ambient lighting from hottubs, lights and shadows go through open doors....

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 01, 18:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gethane, I have Gunmod's lighting and my house are NOT dark during the daytime...but I have heard lots of folks talk about that problem. Mayhaps it is a video carad issue?

The thread I just posted with pics of the party pad gives a good idea of what my houses look like during the daytime:

http://isleofthyme.squarespace.com/journal/home-tour-the-party-pad.html

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 01, 19:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would anyone want their game so dark that you have to have the lights in the game turned on in the daytime?

I had the same problem. I liked certain things about it, but I hated the fact that it seemed too dark during the day so that I had to set all the lights to always on. That was a pain so I had to get rid of it. I also didn't like that the lot boarder was lighted. It seemed like I set florescent lights around the lot. The little things that I had to put up with all the time outweighed the benefits for me. It did make my pictures 10,000 times better though. But that doesn't matter since I don't write stories or make movies.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 01, 19:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jade, maybe it is vid card or driver dependent. This is how my house looked with the mod installed:

Gethane Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 01, 20:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim-houses seem naturally prone to darkness. You can wallpaper the entire face of the room in windows, it will still be dark.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 01, 20:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and that's the truth! But I 'do' like the radient light mod ... make's things a tad more dynamic looking, I guess Smiley and when you get the sunset......

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 02, 00:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that mod, but due to issues with my monitor that I mentioned in another post, it was too difficult to see anything, especially at night.  Maybe I'll stick it back in when I get a new monitor.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 02, 01:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to disappoint, but I JUST got a new monitor yesterday, which is another reason I tried Gunmod. I knew my old monitor was too dark. However, it was still too dark , imo, on my new 19 inch LCD monitor.

I suppose its like anything else. Some people like it and are willing to put up with the negatives and other people aren't (but are willing to put up with negatives for other things).

Gethane Sims
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 02, 23:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got GunMod's lighting hack installed AND the new sky-changer.

The skychanging hack is cool, but it's really best, IMHO, for stories and movies. Basically, it's a huge dome with different sky patterns. The trouble is if your terrain isn't flat, you will see gaps of the Maxis sky peeking underneath. But for stories and movies, creative angles can most certainly overcome that. I think it's going to be an incredibly useful tool.

Gunmod's lighting... same sort of thing. For gameplay, it can be a bit dark... but for stories and movies, it adds such a layer of realism and gorgeousness that I can't go back to regular Maxis lighting.

Here's a tip - you know how, if you're using Gunmod's lighting, there's a that border line around the edge at night? To minimize this, go into your Neighborhood view, and change the view to nighttime. Now, when you back into the lot, the line around the edge of the lot is much less noticeable at night.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: