More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:55:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Memories of deleted Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Memories of deleted Sims  (Read 3169 times)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Memories of deleted Sims
« on: 2006 August 27, 17:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I had to delete one of my Sim families because of a weird glitch, right? Business as usual. The Sims they knew still have memories of them, as usual, and the child one of them had with one of my other Sims still shows up on the family tree.
Now that I have a computer that SimPE will actually run on, though, I was wondering: should I go through and nuke all my other Sims' memories of the deleted ones? Will leaving them alone turn the game into a BFBVFS eventually, or can I be lazy in peace?  Roll Eyes

I feel like such a n00b around you people. XD
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Memories of deleted Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 27, 17:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what you did or what you mean, but I would, at very minimum, flag them "killed" with the relevant "ghost" bits so that they won't pop out randomly at you or do anything strange, as you seem to have garbled your neighborhood rather badly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 27, 17:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I lose at explaining.

- One of the Sims in a family glitches: I load up their house and wtf she's invisible, I can't get her to do anything.
- I don't know what to do about that so I delete them.
- Sims they knew still have memories of them- that, at least, has happened before when I've deleted Sims, so I'd chalk it up to Maxis laziness.
- Also, the baby that invisible!Sim had with a Sim from another family still appears on the family tree- I don't think that's normal. :/
- I'm wondering if leaving those memories in place will screw up the neighborhood (more).

Is that more coherent? ^^;;;
I'll set them as "killed" like you suggested, just in case. Thanks.

Edit: Okay, now I'm doing the non-n00bish thing and looking around the other posts on here...
... Crap. Like I said, I've deleted Maxis-made Sims I didn't want before. Would I be better off just starting the neighborhood over (again)?  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2006 August 27, 18:03:04 by Insanity Prelude » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 27, 18:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. It sounds like you've screwed up pretty badly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 27, 21:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... Crap. Like I said, I've deleted Maxis-made Sims I didn't want before. Would I be better off just starting the neighborhood over (again)?  Undecided

Eh, I dunno.  I think it depends on how attached you are, or how attached you're going to get if you keep playing them.

I have a 'hood where a couple broke up after the wife got caught cheating, and I ended up moving her out with their baby and deleting both of them from the bin.  Obviously, since there was all kinds of drama, all the sims in the 'hood did a lot of gossiping about all those corrupted memories.  I did that in the first generation, when I had about 10 playable sims in 4 houses.  Two EPs later, that 'hood has close to 30 lots and around 100 playables, with some families on their 5th generation.  I expect it to blow up any day now.  Cheesy

I started a 2nd 'hood after I learned how badly I had screwed up that first one.  I play both, and hopefully when the first one goes, it won't take down my whole game.

Enjoy your game now for what it is, and when the time comes, let it go.  Smiley
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 27, 23:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- One of the Sims in a family glitches: I load up their house and wtf she's invisible, I can't get her to do anything.

Did you use SimPe's surgery export function?

I read that if you have one of the exported files in the SavedSims folder, and then you run the game, it will corrupt some character files.

In that case, it's better to have a backup of the whole neighborhood  Undecided
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 28, 00:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah... yeah, I had tried that awhile back, only to find the exports were corrupted and stopped BodyShop from working until I deleted them.  Embarrassed
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 28, 04:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you say deleted, do you mean on the lot with moveobjectson, in SimPE or from the actual character file?  Only the latter actually deletes them properly.  Deleting them in SimPE doesn't work properly, it never has, because it doesn't remove the character file.  Deleting them in TS2Enhancer does, though.  If they were properly deleted, they'd show-up as "Unknown" in all the relevant places, so they're not really deleted at all by the sound of it.

In future if something like that happens, try moving the family into another house.  That usually sorts things out.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 29, 02:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ingame, from the sim bin.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: