More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 02:59:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  *Gravemarker? Non-bed favorite object?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: *Gravemarker? Non-bed favorite object?  (Read 7859 times)
fwiffo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
*Gravemarker? Non-bed favorite object?
« on: 2006 August 27, 16:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my legacy house, I just extermininated a family member via disease.  He was in a little separate quarantine house up on columns off in the corner of the lot so he wouldn't get anybody else sick.  After he died, I dismantled his little house, but there was one tile that would stubbornly not delete.  I used the burninator to see what it was, and it turned out to be something called a *Gravemarker.  I presume all dead sims leave them, and that they have some important function?  I did not save it after burninating it, because I didn't know if it was important or not.  Is there any way to move it?  I don't mind having it there since it doesn't seem to interefere with objects or sims or building except that it's on a second-floor tile floating in space.

Also, during his tenure in the house, he never really owned a bed.  Would it actually be possible for him to have some favorite object that ISN'T a bed?  He spent most of his time complaining about comfort/energy or falling asleep on his feet but he did use a pinball machine, a phone and a microwave that both got moved back to the main house, and a terlet and shower that did not...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: *Gravemarker? Non-bed favorite object?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 27, 17:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no way to move it or do anything with it. In fact, burninating it is the correct thing to do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 27, 18:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, for pure curiousity reasons, what exactly does a gravemarker do?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 27, 18:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, it determines where the ghost spawns. But nuking it simply causes it to respawn near its tombstone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
fwiffo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 27, 21:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, will burninate.  Incidentally, the ghost actually appeared on the back porch of the house, which is probably the nearest spot on the same level as the *Gravemarker.  He probably couldn't appear there because there was an object on it.  He also appears to be attached to a bed in the house that he woo-hooed and slept in long before he was ever moved in.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 28, 03:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no way to move it or do anything with it. In fact, burninating it is the correct thing to do.
Thank God!!!!  I had an annoying situation in the Monty's backyard.  They kept jumping in surprise constantly.  I moved the gravestones and one said it was in use.  I forced error but they still were jumping in surprise,so I filled the whole area with the burninators and it deleted the gravestone marker and something else.  It fixed the prob,but I never thought that it might have been bad to delete it--I guess I lucked out.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 28, 04:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're jumping in surprise constantly, try the "Nuke Ghost Emitter" option in the Lot Debugger. Also, check out the shiny new graphical representation available in the Lot Debugger, Stuck Object Remover, and Macrolauncher. It is shiny.

fwiffo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 29, 06:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I went to burninate it, but it seems to have disappeared after his first haunting.  Incidentally, I don't know if I can recommend killing drama professors.  He gets upset if anyone on the lot tries to woohoo while he's haunting.  He's doesn't actually seem to be able to actually do the run into the bedroom fists flying thing, but it does make the "caught cheating" noise and the participants jump out of the bed all guilty looking.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 29, 21:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're jumping in surprise constantly, try the "Nuke Ghost Emitter" option in the Lot Debugger. Also, check out the shiny new graphical representation available in the Lot Debugger, Stuck Object Remover, and Macrolauncher. It is shiny.
That was the other thing that was deleted--the ghost emitter.  I forgot about the lot debugger--it wasn't any big deal because I had a little cemetary so the area wasn't that big and the burninators are really cheap.  Thanx JM,cause the Goth house was full of them in a couple of games ago and I ended up having to bulldoze it by the fifth generation.  Sad,there was a lot of memorabilia lost.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 29, 22:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, during his tenure in the house, he never really owned a bed.  Would it actually be possible for him to have some favorite object that ISN'T a bed? 

Way, way back, I once killed a nanny by walling her in and letting her pee herself and eventually starve.

Forever after, she did the "wah, my bed" routine with a puddle in the thought bubble.  Apparently since she'd had nothing else to attach to, she decided her favorite object was her own urine.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 30, 03:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...That's sad...

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 30, 04:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sims being shocked by a pool table (or a spot near it) but no one has died on this lot yet...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 30, 04:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuke Stuck Ghost Emitter.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 30, 04:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya I know, I just keep forgetting  Wink

edit - makes no sense tho cause nobody has died on the lot *laughs*
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 30, 04:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's TS2. When has it EVER made sense?

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 31, 16:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My dead Sims always love their beds--except one pre-made dead sim at the Capp mansion loved the bath tub.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 03, 18:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a ghost who got all mad because I cleaned up his punch cup, from the pineapple keg thing.

Incidentally, does anyone know how that object marking thing works? I would guess that it's amount of time spent interacting with the object, which explains why beds tend to get picked, if the sim has a bed. How does the game keep track of that? Memory token? An obscure bit of trivia I've wondered about for a while.

twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 09, 21:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this have anything to do with Veronaville and the Capp Mansion and the fact there are two floating tiles that I cannot delete?  Would this be a ghost emitter or gravemarker?

Also will the new and shiny lot debugger fix this, or do I have to use this "burninator"?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: