More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:42:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  The Clear Default Eyes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Clear Default Eyes  (Read 14907 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: The Clear Default Eyes
« Reply #25 on: 2006 August 29, 23:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem but not as bad. I tried out a number of default replacements, and one of them (I think it was Helaene, or maybe Louis) stuck itself on the CAS templates. I mean the head displays in CAS when you are choosing hair and whatnot.

So the heads in CAS still have those eyes, but all my sims show the new defaults. In my search to figure out what the heck was going on, I deleted a heap of eyes, and then some of my sims ended up with the damn annoying default eyes. Again.

This problem has persisted through installing a new EP, which I thought might reset whatever the problem was with CAS.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 August 30, 00:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Contacts are good to have. I have found that you, at the very least, need contacts of all the default eyes (or default replacements) plus the alien eyes. Every once in a while your 1/2 alien sims will give birth to a baby with a normal skintone but no eyes. They get the alien eyes in their DNA, but since they don't have the alien skintone (which is necessary for the alien eyes to show up) they get whatever eyes are painted on their skintone. There is no way to fix it other than just give them contacts, since their DNA is NOT messed up like sims who have had their custom eyes deleted by you. They just happened to get empty holes for eyes because Maxis didn't test the game enough.

I had a similar problem but not as bad. I tried out a number of default replacements, and one of them (I think it was Helaene, or maybe Louis) stuck itself on the CAS templates. I mean the head displays in CAS when you are choosing hair and whatnot.

So the heads in CAS still have those eyes, but all my sims show the new defaults. In my search to figure out what the heck was going on, I deleted a heap of eyes, and then some of my sims ended up with the damn annoying default eyes. Again.

This problem has persisted through installing a new EP, which I thought might reset whatever the problem was with CAS.

Most likely your thumbnails cache has simply not updated. Either empty the Thumbnails folder in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 or go into CAS and hold down CTRL and right-click on each thumbnail to refresh it.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 August 30, 01:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the wild theory that if the alien eye texture were replaced with the black texture instead of a null alpha, you'd be able to see the alien eyes on all skins.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 August 30, 17:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this a theory that will result in an improved game for all, or are you just showing off for us?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 August 30, 23:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...] Every once in a while your 1/2 alien sims will give birth to a baby with a normal skintone but no eyes. They get the alien eyes in their DNA, but since they don't have the alien skintone (which is necessary for the alien eyes to show up) they get whatever eyes are painted on their skintone. There is no way to fix it other than just give them contacts, since their DNA is NOT messed up like sims who have had their custom eyes deleted by you. They just happened to get empty holes for eyes because Maxis didn't test the game enough. [...]

This happens because the texture overlay for the alien eye is bound to the alien skintone via its skintone property.

Quote from: uuface_eye_alien
age=0x000000FB
bin=0x0000000B
category=0x000003FF
creator=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
family=12d4f3e1-fdbe-4fe7-ace3-46dd9ff52b51
flags=0x00000009
gender=0x00000003
genetic=1
hairtone=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
layer=0x00000000
materialkeyidx=0x00000003
name=uuface_eye_alien
outfit=0x00000002
skintone=6baf064a-85ad-4e37-8d81-a987e9f8da46
species=0x00000001
subtype=0x00000003
type=textureoverlay

If you set the skintone guid to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, the eye appears for all skintones.
You can also make it visible in BodyShop, if you set the flags value to zero.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 September 04, 00:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this work for the other skintones as well?
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 September 04, 15:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean the other eyes? The "normal" eyes have the skintone property set to zero already, so they can be expressed with any skintone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 September 04, 17:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone should make us an alien eye override that carries the black texture internally rather than relying on null-alpha and unlocks it from the skintone, and thus makes it possible for those inheriting the alien-eye to display it without the alienskin, so you can get black-eyed human hybrids.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 September 04, 19:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone try this for me? It unlocks the alien eye in BodyShop, along with the aforementioned change in the TextureOverlay resource:

http://theos.chewbakkas.net/matm/CAS_AlienEyes.package

I'm interested in knowing what happens (if anything at all) when you change the appearance of sims bearing the alien eye DNA, while running the game with this package (sorry, no alien sims in my game Tongue).

JM: Where can the default alien eye texture be found? I did some browsing and all I found was this in Sims12.package:
Resource name: uuface-eye-alien0_lifo
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 22, 20:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Theo: You might have already found it. At any rate, I tested the package you had available in your shack. Doesn't work Sad It might be because I'm using default replacements though - I tried adjusting the data in the XML of those overrides as you said, hopefully that'll do it.

ETA: Yes!! Thanks for the info Theo, works a treat! Kiss
« Last Edit: 2007 September 22, 20:46:08 by Sadie » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: