More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:58:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Undead Scholarship
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Undead Scholarship  (Read 2936 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Undead Scholarship
« on: 2006 August 26, 16:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a teen who just recieved the undead scholarship. I didn't really expect it, but it made sense to me, since he was a vampire. As I do with most memories, I read what it said. Apparently, he got it for being a zombie, but he's not a zombie. Was this scholarship updated to include vampires? The memory sure wasn't. If not, I have an awfully strange bug.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Undead Scholarship
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 26, 16:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... interesting. I had a teen roll up the want to receive that scholorship. I assumed when she rolled it that she wanted to be a vampire like her mother. Then I read the description. I had no desire for her to be a zombie so just let it go. If the scholorship really does work for vampires as well that would be an entirely different matter.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 26, 17:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it was updated for vampires, but Maxis neglected to update the text.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 26, 17:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I read around here somewhere that is just another case of Maxis being sloppy--they updated how it works to include vampires, but forgot to change the text to say so.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 27, 02:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone wanted to write new text to override the stupid text, how would they go about doing so?

All generalizations are false, including this one.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 27, 04:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone wanted to write new text to override the stupid text, how would they go about doing so?

Most likely it is located in Live.package. You would have to extract the text entry, import it into a new package, and call it Live.package. Calling it anything else won't work. The same way, the "there are TWO babies on the way" could be changed to something better for those people who are using the Triplets&Quads hack (that always annoys me). And it's also the same file that has the sim names, so if you are using a replacement (Jordi made one, I think), you will have to import any new text changes that you make into the existing one, since I can't imagine the game would like having two Live.package files in the Downloads folder at the same time.

Fail.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 27, 04:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that shouldn't be too hard if I can find the text entry in the first place.  It does annoy me enough to go through the trouble of doing just that.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: