More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:10:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  can't clean up dishes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: can't clean up dishes  (Read 4211 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
can't clean up dishes
« on: 2006 August 24, 09:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi everyone,
I read a post about this problem from missdoh but i couldn't see a solution to it.  Basically a sim cooks a meal, then can't clean up the plates.  Or only one sim in that family can.  Ive been getting round this by sticking the plates on the floor and having a clean bot suck them up, but its really starting to get irratating that all my familys require clean bots.  Any fixes that any one knows of?

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: can't clean up dishes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 24, 10:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know of any fixes for this problem, but I suppose you could use Pescado's stuck object remover if it really is stuck. However I remember hearing somewhere that messier Sims have to wait until the food spoils or something for them to be able to clean it up.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 24, 12:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run into this problem a few times in different families.  I've used moveobjects to delete the table (and dishes), then replaced the table with a new one and deleted the groups.cache file.

Has worked so far but I've no inkling why.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 24, 20:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run into this problem a few times in different families.  I've used moveobjects to delete the table (and dishes), then replaced the table with a new one and deleted the groups.cache file.

Has worked so far but I've no inkling why.

The delete procedure works to get rid of the dishes, but the afflicted sim doesn't seem to get any better.  At least in my game.

The only solution I've found is to force a reset on that sim, as MissDoh reports in that thread.  I imagine forcing errors on all with the lot debugger would work too, but that seems like overkill in a household of 6 sims, 5 of whom are fine.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 24, 20:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the problem of sims insisting on cleaning dishes on com lots while on dates.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 24, 21:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

argh how frustrating.  I swear this problem came with OFB only.  Cleaning plates or serving meals has always been a bit screwy between sims since i installed it.  In every house!

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 24, 22:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cleaning plates or serving meals has always been a bit screwy between sims since i installed it.

Well, then get thee lots of snapdragons and you can do away with dirty dishes.    Grin

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 24, 22:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4248.0.html
argh how frustrating.  I swear this problem came with OFB only.  Cleaning plates or serving meals has always been a bit screwy between sims since i installed it.  In every house!

OFB may make it considerably worse, but I only have EPs up to NL.  So, make room for me in that frustrated club, and no snapdragons to save me! Angry

In that thread MissDoh started:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4248.0.html

she finds that the bug is caused by a controllable sim leaving a community lot while other playable sims (presumably from another household who aren't controllable at that time) are still eating.  When you load up that other household, the playable sims who were last seen eating at the community lot have the clean-up bug.

Personally, I have not gone through the process of confirming this, but I do use her solution.  I use testingcheats to force an error and reset that sim.  If you have a whole family who's afflicted, it's probably worthwhile to use the lot debugger to force errors on all.

When I do have an afflicted sim, it doesn't matter whether they have cooked, served, consumed or participated in the meal in any way.  They do not get the option to clean any plates or bowls, even when they're green with flies.  If it's a sloppy sim, they get the option to Lick Clean if it's a plate.  If the sim is neat, they have no options at all once the food is eaten.

I haven't had the bug since I started playing with macrotastics, but if you do have it installed, it would be interesting to see if Macro...Clean lets them see the plates.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 24, 23:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou, Im a bit n00b at forcing errors and such, I'll do a bit of reading on it I guess.  I'll also have a look at the lot debugger. Smiley thanks for your help

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 25, 19:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou, Im a bit n00b at forcing errors and such, I'll do a bit of reading on it I guess.  I'll also have a look at the lot debugger. Smiley thanks for your help

This is pretty much the blind leading the blind, so please take someone else's advice if they offer it.  Cheesy

This is what I do (I think!):

Type Ctrl-Shift-C to bring up the cheat window.
Type 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' and hit return.
Select the messed up sim.
Shift-click on the mailbox and choose Force Error.
A dialog pops up with Delete, Reset, or Cancel.
Choose Reset.

If you're not familiar with the extra options in testingcheats, turn it off by
Type Ctrl-Shift-C to bring up the cheat window.  (Can't remember if it goes away on its own or not.)
Type 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled false' and hit return.
Type 'exit' to get rid of the window.

P.S.  The lot debugger is far more intuitive to use.  Smiley
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 25, 20:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had the bug since I started playing with macrotastics, but if you do have it installed, it would be interesting to see if Macro...Clean lets them see the plates.

If you look in my post I tried to use the "macro-clean" option (at the request of Pescado) and the sim stuck with the clean-up bug did not clean the plate, the other sim living on the same lot which did not have the bug was able to clean the plate using macro-clean.

I am still waiting and hope for a fix for this.  OFB patch 2 did not cure them of that syndrome.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 25, 20:54:31 by MissDoh » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: