More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:45:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lot Debugger makes photobooth pics flash blue?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot Debugger makes photobooth pics flash blue?  (Read 4186 times)
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Lot Debugger makes photobooth pics flash blue?
« on: 2006 August 24, 07:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to post this after reading someone having a similiar problem here (6th post):

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5351.new/boardseen.html#new

I forced errors with the lot debugger, and my photobooth pic is now flashing blue.  Is this a fixable issue, or is it inevitable?  I needed the lot debugger, it fixed a serious problem.  But I'd like to know if there's a way around losing pics and paintings.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Lot Debugger makes photobooth pics flash blue?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 24, 14:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try deleting the booth then buying a new one?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 24, 16:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its not the booth, it's the pictures that are flashing.  And there's no way to recover them, as far as I know.  A similar thing happened when OFB first came out -- it wrecked just about all photobooth pics in the game when you installed it. Annoyed me, because some of the ones in the game were the only pics of ancestors some families had.  Now I just have the sims paint portraits (actually, a still life with a sim as the subject) if they want to keep ancestor pics around.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 24, 19:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had that same problem with the flahing pictures. i was told it was a major corruption in my game files and that i needed to uninstall everything. i just hid them behind the showers, i didnt know if deleting them would be harmful. my game was fine for months. and then i had to flash my hard drive for a completely unrelated problem.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 24, 22:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nah its not major corruption unless thats slang for OFB

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 24, 22:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i had that same problem with the flahing pictures. i was told it was a major corruption in my game files and that i needed to uninstall everything. i just hid them behind the showers, i didnt know if deleting them would be harmful.

Whoever told you that was in error. Smiley  There's no harm in deleting them, and they're certainly not caused by 'major corruption'.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 25, 15:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yay. that puts my mind at rest.  Grin

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 31, 14:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can right click on the photo's in 'debug' mode (testingcheats) and generate a new picture of the selected sim.  This even works for ghosts if you make them selectable (right click in debug).  I just thought I'd throw this titbit out there..
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 02, 02:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the sims in the picture still alive? Because I had the same problem, but every time, both sims in the picture had died. 
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 02, 04:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kristalrose - The sims are still alive.  Using the lot debugger caused the problem.  I just wondered if there was any way to fix it. 

Someone needs to find out where the info for in game photos and paintings is stored, and how to recover it.

miramis - That's a great tip.  As you said, it doesn't recreate the original.  But it is fun.  And a little surprising.  How these photos work is a real mystery to me. 
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 02, 07:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least in my game, lot debugger also makes computer screens flash blue (although they will usually reset when the computer is turned off then on again). Not a serious problem, of course, but noticeable, and I mentioned it in case it's related. It did make me laugh when it happened...my sim was typing his term paper, and the screen was flashing in a very nice imitation of the dreaded "blue screen of death". For a minute I wondered if the computer was about to break, and all his effort for naught! It would have been funny (but perhaps way too realistic.)

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 03, 23:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

all of my photo booth pictures turned blue and flashing after I installed OFB, and I did not use the lot debugger. 

That is the only object that was flashing blue  after installing OFB,  so I consider myself very lucky. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 04, 03:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the Lot Debugger to reset all objects on a lot once, and I noticed after that one of the photo booth pictures was flashing blue.  I didn't know how to fix it at the time, but I deleted it.  I figured I'd let the couple get a new picture the next time they went downtown.  I thought maybe it was a one-time glitch until I saw some other people talking about it recently as well.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 04, 09:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kristalrose - The sims are still alive.  Using the lot debugger caused the problem.  I just wondered if there was any way to fix it. 

Someone needs to find out where the info for in game photos and paintings is stored, and how to recover it.

miramis - That's a great tip.  As you said, it doesn't recreate the original.  But it is fun.  And a little surprising.  How these photos work is a real mystery to me. 

Pictures and Photos are stored in the Lotfile itself. There are Textures used for Nighbourhoodview (theTXTR Files) there are also stored textures for Pictures your sims had paintet or Photos or Pictures used by the Myne Doors.

Had a look in this. Lotdebugger: Force error has broken the object(Photoframe). But its the same if you do it in Debugmode. My Photos reverted to the base mesh (the sheet from the Photoboot) whitout Texture.The texture is not affectet.(still in lotfile)
« Last Edit: 2006 September 04, 13:07:36 by Havelock » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: