More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:21:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Face Templates Problems (Be Warned Creepy Face is Involved)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Face Templates Problems (Be Warned Creepy Face is Involved)  (Read 3097 times)
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Face Templates Problems (Be Warned Creepy Face is Involved)
« on: 2006 August 23, 00:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally created a face that I wanted to use as the template for the Erus Face (03).  I followed Motoki and AllenABQ directions and I thought I had it down...apparently I went wrong.  When I opened BodyShop, and checked the toddlers, children, teens and elders of both genders, the were fine, the adult male was fine as well.  When I checked the adult female, it was just creepy and I don't know how to fix it. 

I redid the changes to the Geometric Data Container (both the regular and the LOD15 files).  And then made my changes for the heart shaped face.  The adult male face has a slight problem with it, like the Erus Female Adult, but not as extreme.

Does anyone know how to fix it?  I don't even know what files to show to get help with it.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Face Templates Problems (Be Warned Creepy Face is Involved)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 23, 01:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what could go wrong, but that ripped lip looks very similar to the bug created by SimPe surgery.
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 23, 03:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said you redid the changes to the GMDC. Did you re-extract the data you were using to replace the GMDC beforehand? Try re-extracting then re-replacing the adult female data.

If doing it over with re-extracted files doesn't help, I don't know what to tell you...

BTW, your Erus repl. looks b-yoo-tiful and unique. Are you doing a complete set, or just certain faces?
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 23, 03:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm doing it one set at a time for now.  When I come up with something unique, that has similar (general) facial features to one of templates then I'll make my own copy.  Maybe I'll post them when I have more of them done and when the Female Adult Erus actually works.  I'll try re-extracting and replacing again from the files Motoki provides.  I had only redone it on the file that I had already adjusted.

EDIT:
I did the changes you recommended and it worked.  I finally got the adult face to look like how it's supposed do and here's the final result:

« Last Edit: 2006 August 23, 04:04:23 by rome_raven » Logged

terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 23, 05:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, very nice!

I hope you'll consider uploading when you have more finished. They would be a hit. People don't have a lot of sets to choose from yet, I guess since there's so much busy work involved in creating them.

*I wish there was some SimPE plugin to make it all easier.*

I've been working on another set, incorporating the lessons I learned since uploading a set to MTS2. Mainly, I'm taking my time to tweak each age group individually and make them all distinct... And I'm using Body Shop in correct 1024x768 resolution on my widescreen laptop. I was a bit startled when I saw just how strange my last set looked on a normal screen.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 23, 15:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put it up for dowload: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5370.0.html

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: