More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 00:36:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Problem with Saving a (non-playable) Sim from Death
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with Saving a (non-playable) Sim from Death  (Read 2228 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Problem with Saving a (non-playable) Sim from Death
« on: 2006 August 22, 09:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A second problem I ran into tonight. I was going to post about them together in one post, but they totally unrelated, so I felt they required separate threads. I think I had this happen to me before, and it probably isn't that big a of a deal and most likely would have reset itself if I saved, exited, and returned.

What happened was, while I was playing in a dorm (the same dorm I mentioned in my other thread), a dormie died (thanks to nouniprotect hack). Well, I already had one dormie death on this lot, and one of my playable sims had a want to beat the grim reaper. He happened to have 100/100 STR/LTR with the recently deceased so I had him plead for his life. He was successful, however when the dormie was ressurrected, he was incorrectly made selectable.

At first I was concerned that the game moved him into the family and made him playable, but he still seemed to act like a dormie, with the pissing of himself and passing out like an idiot, and then eventually disappearing into his dorm. I forced an error on him, and his person data type was still 1, which I believe means he is still considered a visitor/townie/dormie i.e. he did not become a playable character.

I'm just wondering if other people have experienced this, and whether it is 'safe' to just quit/save and re-enter and if it resets properly so that sim won't be selectable anymore. In other words, I'd like to know if this is common and harmless, or if it is a specific fluke in my game.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Problem with Saving a (non-playable) Sim from Death
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 22, 09:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Save/exit/reload should be fine. The game resets selectability at reload, normally. Or just "make unselectable".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 22, 14:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I have raised anyone from the dead in University, they always add that person to my household. I use Inge's bush to put them back into population, but then they move out of the dorm. But later when you need more dormies, they sometimes come back as a dormie then.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 22, 15:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think raising someone back from the dead is different than saving them from death to begin with. I would expect that calling up grimmy to resurrect a sim will have them become playable. That kinda makes sense to me. But just because I save a townie/non-playable from dying to begin with, they shouldn't necessarily be added to the family household. This also seems to hold true, only it's kind of slightly buggy in that the game makes them selectable, which can be confusing or in the very least annoying.

When I want to take care of my own playable sims, I don't want to accidentally cycle through or screw things up with the sim that is supposed to be non-playable. Not that I would think it would screw up data somehow, I'm just over paranoid because of my own stupidity. Heh. In my careless, thoughtlessness, I might end up selecting that sim, thinking that it's one of my own, and make them do something that ends up being 'destructive' to the household relationships or what not. Tongue It's not too big of a deal since apparently it should reset on it's own, but I just was concerned and wanted to confirm that it was ultimately harmless.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: