More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:17:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Rant: I hate Maxis roofs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rant: I hate Maxis roofs  (Read 3160 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Rant: I hate Maxis roofs
« on: 2006 August 15, 20:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does the slope have to be the same for all roofs on a lot? Maxis provides the roofslopeangle tool, they have a lock existing roofs function...why should it be impossible to have a gentle slope for a porch roof and a more typical angle for the main roof of the house? Growl!!

Or, if I'm being ignorant, can someone please tell me what the work around is? Uh, besides sticking with flat roofed adobe and viga, please!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
Re: Rant: I hate Maxis roofs
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 15, 22:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are not the only one who is frustrated by this!  I don't know of any way to get round it other than using floor tiles and the constrain elevation cheat to shape them.  I use these veranda roof pieces http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=133487 on some houses, but they aren't really suitable for modern homes.  If you like these look for recolours - there are a few at MTS2.  Apparently the ep that is not happening and must not be named will introduce diagonal roofs (yay!) but no mention of differing roof heights.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 16, 03:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The build section of MTS2 has some good tutorials for how to make a variably sloped roof with floor tiles.

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 18, 02:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate them too,  I must be building challenged,  I have used auto roofs since I got the sims2 and I don't know how to build a basement either or make steps on the outside of your house.    rolf
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 18, 21:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm ... have you tried to flatten the ground, place the roof and then "slope" the ground ... with the boolProp constrainFloorElevation cheat  Huh

and I don't know how to build a basement either or make steps on the outside of your house
Now that is dead easy .... what tutorial did you follow, cos´ it shouldn´t be a challenge at all

Rose
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 18, 22:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I despise the roof limitations! I know how to do the floor as a roof thing, but imho, it looks tacky. I don't like it. There is some really simple things that maxis should have just included, but didn't.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 22, 23:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be a little belated, but I just came across this tutorial that seems to allow you to make roofs of different slopes.  I didn't try it, but it looks like it would work.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 23, 01:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that before. In my game, the angle reverts when you exit and reload the lot. It's okay if you don't mind doing that everytime you enter the lot, but, eh, it's hardly worth it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: