More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:26:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is there a way to change the sex of a baby in Sim PE?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to change the sex of a baby in Sim PE?  (Read 19124 times)
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Is there a way to change the sex of a baby in Sim PE?
« on: 2006 August 20, 15:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like my new neighborhood is going to be girls only, based on the run of girl babies that have been born since I started playing the neighborhood. I know I can create male Sims for them to marry, but part of the fun I get out of the game is seeing what Sims result from the coupling of born-in-game Sims. I tried changing the sex of one of the girls, but after changing it, realized there's probably a bunch of stuff that still thinks she's a girl, so I changed her back. If it's possible to do it, would I have to through a mass of code to make the change successfully?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is there a way to change the sex of a baby in Sim PE?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 20, 15:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's kind of gross. We don't support such perverse doings here. I wouldn't know anything about that anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 20, 16:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=921072#post921072

And also this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2581.0.html ... #28 gives instructions.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 20, 16:06:38 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 20, 16:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, SaraMK. I'll check out the links.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 20, 16:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's kind of gross. We don't support such perverse doings here. I wouldn't know anything about that anyway.

JM, I don't get what's gross about it. You change everything else about the game to make it more to your liking, so what's gross about changing the sex so to have more fun with the game? I don't believe you don't know anything about that. Everybody knows you know everything.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 20, 17:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, I don't get what's gross about it. You change everything else about the game to make it more to your liking, so what's gross about changing the sex so to have more fun with the game?
You don't think the idea of HACKING OFF SOMEONE'S GENITALIA to replace them with a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SET is just a little WRONG?

I don't believe you don't know anything about that. Everybody knows you know everything.
I try to look the other way when it comes to that. Fingers in ears!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 20, 18:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't think the idea of HACKING OFF SOMEONE'S GENITALIA to replace them with a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SET is just a little WRONG?
Seriously, and to do it to a baby, even.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 20, 18:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was common practice in America to hack of pieces of their babies' genetalia...

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 20, 20:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, I don't get what's gross about it. You change everything else about the game to make it more to your liking, so what's gross about changing the sex so to have more fun with the game?

In this case I would be adding genitalia, not hacking it off. How is this different from allowing male Sims to have babies? I
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 20, 20:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are talking about a game, right? A game where there are vampires and aliens, and Sims who want to woo hoo with Death. I would have thought that in that world, changing the sex of a baby would fit right in.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 20, 23:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was common practice in America to hack of pieces of their babies' genetalia...

Circumcision is no longer done in the majority of cases. At least according to what I've read about it.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 21, 00:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not nearly as bad as what they do to little girls in some countries.  *shudders*
« Last Edit: 2006 August 21, 01:48:47 by rainbow » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 21, 01:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this case I would be adding genitalia, not hacking it off.
Maybe you'd like having your genitalia yanked out also?

How is this different from allowing male Sims to have babies?
I never said I really approved of that, either, outside of the obviously bizarre "alien" thing.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 21, 01:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not nearly as bad as what they do to little girls in some coutries.  *shudders*

Wanna bet? Ever seen the difference up close, or read about it? It is every bit as bad. Maybe worse, because it actually diminishes the males' future sexual partners' enjoyment of sex as well.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 21, 01:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this case I would be adding genitalia, not hacking it off.
Maybe you'd like having your genitalia yanked out also?

OK, JM - you win. This is a bad, degenerate thing to want to do, even though the game would be more fun if I could actually produce a third generation from born-in-game Sims. I have no more arguments. I think the real purpose of this game is to cause as much frustration as possible. It's a game for masochists. Maybe that explains the S&M aspect of this board![Don't know why my reply is in the quote box; don't know how to fix it. I feel like I'm playing the Sims]
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 21, 01:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, JM - you win. This is a bad, degenerate thing to want to do, even though the game would be more fun if I could actually produce a third generation from born-in-game Sims. I have no more arguments. I think the real purpose of this game is to cause as much frustration as possible. It's a game for masochists. Maybe that explains the S&M aspect of this board![Don't know why my reply is in the quote box; don't know how to fix it. I feel like I'm playing the Sims]
I dunno, having a glut of girls isn't as bad as having one of boys. On the other hand, boys have a longer shelf life and you figure you can wait a bit for the situation to correct itself. I'm presently faced with the same problem in my neighborhood, but I just roll with it.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 21, 02:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No hacksaws needed here.  If the sex of the kid isn't what I want, I just have the mom go through the birthing routine until the babe is the "proper" sex.
Yeah, it means exiting without saving a few times, but I've never had to do it more than three times in a row.

Less stressful for the infants, as well.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 21, 03:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I do.  But most of the time I seem to get an even distribution.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 21, 03:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No hacksaws needed here.  If the sex of the kid isn't what I want, I just have the mom go through the birthing routine until the babe is the "proper" sex.
Yeah, it means exiting without saving a few times, but I've never had to do it more than three times in a row.

Less stressful for the infants, as well.

I did try that, but stopped after three times. I gave up and accepted that Pleasantview now had its fourth girl in a row. I am testing the suggestion I read on BBS that the sex of the Sim who initiates the woo hoo produces a baby of the opposite sex.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 21, 03:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but that is a myth.  Just to save you some time.  I think that is a carryover from an old Sims 1 bug.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 21, 03:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but that is a myth.  Just to save you some time.  I think that is a carryover from an old Sims 1 bug.

Too late - they already woo hooed, and she is pregnant. Thanks to your post I'm now prepared in case we have our FIFTH girl baby!  Angry This is a sad state of affairs for those who love to see genetics in action.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 21, 03:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only need one male.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 21, 03:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If who initiated the woohoo had any bearing on the gender of the baby, then saving just before birth and reloading would never result in a different gender.  But JM has studied this, and I have observed in my own game that it doesn't matter who intiates the woohoo, the gender is chosen randomly at birth.   In case there is some kind of sadorandomness going on, try using the Rerandomize Sim Generator on the Lot Debugger.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 21, 04:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too late - they already woo hooed, and she is pregnant. Thanks to your post I'm now prepared in case we have our FIFTH girl baby!  Angry This is a sad state of affairs for those who love to see genetics in action.

Just save right before the birth, then exit without saving again if it's the wrong sex. It's really that simple. You simply had a bad run.

minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 21, 11:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only need one male.

No, the way I like to play, I need a partner for each Sim. I'm not just trying to produce Sims, I'm interested in seeing what results from combining the DNA of the offspring of Sims I created. So, I need a man for every woman.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: