More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 02:26:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Homecrafter muck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Homecrafter muck  (Read 2467 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Homecrafter muck
« on: 2006 August 19, 00:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried making some wooden floors in Homecrafter Plus.  I think it's the latest version, I downloaded it at the end of July. They were cloned from the Nightlife bowling floor; all I did was make a minor change. Anyway, in HC they look fine, but in my game on the bottom floor they turned very dark or black. The thumbnails looked murky too. If I put the floor on a different level, they looked better.

I'm not a SimPE expert but I think something got messed up in the material definitions.... so my question is: can I bypass Homecrafter by copying an existing custom wood floor and pasting in the new texture? Do I need to mess with the material definition? Ugh. I thought making floors was supposed to be easy.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Homecrafter muck
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 19, 03:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't price them at $0, did you? Floors that cost $0 cause a graphical glitch in the game. Read about it here: http://www.simposieum.net/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,27/topic,1196.0

Other than this, I've never had any trouble with floors, so I don't know what's going on with yours. Weird.

I suppose you could download a bunch of floors from MTS2 (or wherever) and replace the textures, but I wouldn't make copies of files that you will actually have in the game. Who knows what would conflict....

Fail.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 19, 07:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the input - no, they weren't priced at $0.

I should add I'm using GunMod's lighting hack and basically the floors were not lighting up at all (even though other floors, both Maxis and custom, did light up correctly). I did figure out how to fix it, and as I suspected, it did involve mucking around with the material definitions in SimPE.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 20, 18:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the floor on a foundation? I use the light mod too and notice the baby sleeping mat looses color but only if on a foundation floor. No Idea why or if they are related!
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 20, 22:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cloned and tried to make tiles from the men's room tile (white with blue border), and they looked great in homecrafter, but were a dark purple in my game.  At the time the only custom floor tile I had in my downloads folder was an indigo-tinted transparent floortile.  I posted here and never got any response, but your problem sounds the same.  I don't have GunMod's lighting hack, nor were they priced at $0.  Sorry I don't have any answers.   Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: