More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 08:58:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cheats on or off
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cheats on or off  (Read 4114 times)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Cheats on or off
« on: 2005 September 11, 04:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read where it is not a good idea to leave cheats on.  Is that just the testing cheat or does that apply to all cheats.  I leave 'move objects' and 'allow45degree' on most of the time.  Will it cause problems with the game?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Cheats on or off
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 11, 04:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I leave the "move objects" too on - very convenient to delete unwanted guests, lol.

But when in Build Mode, you have to turn off the "moveobjects", to be able to replace doors and windows.

Don't use at all  the diagonal cheat, so can't tell.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 11, 04:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I leave the "move objects" too on - very convenient to delete unwanted guests, lol.

But when in Build Mode, you have to turn off the "moveobjects", to be able to replace doors and windows.

Don't use at all  the diagonal cheat, so can't tell.

I know you have to turn it off the place doors and windows, other than that I leave it on.  I've just heard leaving it on can cause problems and wondered what kinds of problems, if any.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 11, 04:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most important question is: where did you hear this? Is the source reliable? I always turn them off immediately anyways..why leaving them on if I'm not using it?

Actually I heard rumours about moveobjects causing problems, that's because obviously if you put something where it isn't supposed to go it won't function properly. Anyways, I'm glad you mentioned ithis cause I didn't know about it.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 11, 05:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I leave it on because I use it alot and I don't want to have to type it in all the time or bring up the cheat window. I'm always moving something around just like in my house.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 11, 05:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I've heard over and over at the BBS is that it is VERY important to ALWAYS turn off boolprop testingcheats when you're done using it because it will cause serious problems if you leave it on!  You have to take anything you read on the BBS with a huge grain of salt anyway, because I have been using it for several months and I haven't suffered any ill effects.  They might think that it causes problems because you get error messages all the time when something goes wrong instead of your sim just jumping up or dropping queue.  Also, you have to know what you are doing, which most people on the BBS don't.  The cheat can be very useful if used wisely.  I take the time to educate myself and I don't use stuff I don't understand unless I'm in a neighborhood that I don't care about, and I don't save the game if something messes up!  But you just can't argue with people who think they know it all.

I keep the boolprop on in my startup cheats file.  I have an alias for moveobjects, but I don't leave it on because I like the game keeping me from putting stuff where it doesn't go unless I want to.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 11, 05:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play in permanent debug mode, too.  I have quite a few cheats in my start-up file, although not moveobjects as I prefer not to have that on unless I am using it.  It may be that playing like that causes problems, I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't want to play without it now.  I'd only be typing it in every 5 minutes if I did.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 11, 06:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I certainly wouldn't want to play without it now.  I'd only be typing it in every 5 minutes if I did.
LOL, me too.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 11, 10:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I've heard over and over at the BBS is that it is VERY important to ALWAYS turn off boolprop testingcheats when you're done using it because it will cause serious problems if you leave it on!

Well, that's understandable for people who only know the basics, and where would those people go to for answers when something goes wrong which they don't know how to fix and the people who introduced the testingcheats were long gone, know what I mean? People who are new to the debug mode (probably the same people responsible for melodramatic posts like 'Boolprop ruined my life!', and who also seems to be allergic to using the 'Search' function on the BBS) may be warned in an exaggerated manner , but at least they were warned not to leave it on if they don't know what they are doing. I myself am too much of a chicken to leave testingcheats on now Tongue. When I found out about this 'cheat' last year, I used and experimented with it freely, exiting without saving when I screwed up, until people started disappearing from my sims' phone books. I had no idea how to get those people back at the time, there also didn't seem to be any 'boolprop tutorials' back then 'cos my searches turned up empty. I was also scratching my head over the immense slowing down of the lot - turned out those vanished people from the phone book were stuck on lot, invisible. It wasn't until I came across Merola's Mind Control Mirror shortly after that I knew what to do. As much as it was funny seeing those people standing on the sidewalk or pacing the lawn with a phone to their ears still chatting long after my sims hung up, that incident ended my debug-mode-on days Tongue.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: