More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:33:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who would like the most awesome one to make a hack SPECIFICALLY to disallow the Sims automonously making Lobster Thermidor at home?  (Voting closed: 2006 August 27, 05:22:19)
OMG! I will worship you forever.  Lobster Thermidor must be DIE! - 51 (46.4%)
What do I need that for? - 38 (34.5%)
I obstain from a vote because I don't believe in democracy. - 11 (10%)
Sims?  What's a Sim? - 10 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor  (Read 27607 times)
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor
« Reply #50 on: 2006 August 18, 15:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind lobster thermidor in general, but I do wish the stupid nanny would stop making it (for herself or as a group meal). Nannies don't get to eat that well, darn it!

asciident / realrobotica
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 August 18, 16:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind lobster thermidor in general, but I do wish the stupid nanny would stop making it (for herself or as a group meal). Nannies don't get to eat that well, darn it!

I usually adjust nannies down to 9 cooking points.  Not that that takes care of the many other nanny issues.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 August 18, 17:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use APO to lock nannies out of kitchens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 August 18, 19:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I had one sim with all his skills but he LOVED lobster thermidor..thats all he would make. The only trouble with that is ..He ALWAYS started fires.

I don't know if some sims are naturally clumsy but I have 2-3 sims in my neighbourhood that burn food 80% of the time. One of them actually had 6 icons after one another of burnt food (mind you this sim has 5 cooking points) and can't even make a grilled cheese sammich without burning it Tongue

I need to check if those sims share a mutual starsign or something heh.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 August 18, 23:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use APO to lock nannies out of kitchens.

If I lock the nanny out of the kitchen, how will she feed the babies/toddlers?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 August 18, 23:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I lock the nanny out of the kitchen, how will she feed the babies/toddlers?
She won't, obviously. Which is a good thing, because nannies otherwise obsessively force-feed babies even when they're not hungry, littering the floor with bottles everywhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 August 19, 00:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't nobabyharassment meant to stop that sort of thing?

I've noticed that the baby controller will call the parents to feed a baby at least once (sometimes twice) during the baby stage, so it appears to me that babies need to be fed.

With toddlers I can keep an eye on their hunger level and unlock the kitchen when they need feeding, but what do I do about babies?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 August 19, 00:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nannies have their own obsessive-compulsive behaviors internal to their NPC codes.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 August 19, 01:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Baby Controller pushes the feed action onto the Nanny, won't the APO allow that since it's not an autonomous action?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 August 19, 01:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it would force them to make the jello. Babies don't need jello. Nobody needs jello!

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 August 19, 01:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant feeding the baby/toddler a bottle.  Tongue
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2006 August 19, 03:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lock it against "autonomous". Then sims will be able to enter and leave freely under a user-priority directive like BUY, but will not be permitted to enter for an autonomous-priority action.
Thank you for the awesome idea.  I hadn't thought of using APO for locking up the fridge, and it sounds like it would solve my problems with Lobster Thermidor and other unnecessary cooking.  It would be really helpful for grilled cheese sims as well.  I can't remember to lock and unlock the door all the time, and it's a hassle.

And a sim doesn't need to eat, PERIOD, unless they are starving.
Does this apply to sim kids as well?  I get that "_____'s just skin and bones" message all the time, and I get concerned about the social worker showing up.   Roll Eyes  Do you just keep a nanny on the lot, or is there another warning to feed the kid before the social worker shows up?  I usually get my sim kids to study cooking first and let them live off muffins, or I serve jello if they are hungry before then.  I wonder how you handle keeping the kids fed in your game, if you don't mind sharing your method.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 August 19, 04:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could put a "bottles only" fridge in the nursery, then lock the kitchen against nannies. I modified Targa's mini-fridge for this purpose. However, if you have kids on the lot, you do need to leave them some way of getting food -- like a child stove, or having the parents cook a meal and leave it somewhere the kids can get at it. Or you could have the kids order pizza, I guess.

Fail.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2006 August 19, 04:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Sara.  I didn't know there was such a thing, but it's a great idea -- except I can imagine when nannies go crazy and start getting out 10 bottles when the kid needs a change or a nap.  Wink  I found the nursery fridge on MTS2 made by Christianlov.  Maybe that's the one?  I'm going to try it out.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 August 19, 04:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Sara.  I didn't know there was such a thing, but it's a great idea -- except I can imagine when nannies go crazy and start getting out 10 bottles when the kid needs a change or a nap.  Wink  I found the nursery fridge on MTS2 made by Christianlov.  Maybe that's the one?  I'm going to try it out.

There was one somewhere on MTS2. But if you can't find it, I can send you the one I made out of Targa's. The mini fridge is cuter in nurseries than a full-size fridge.

Fail.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 August 19, 08:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lock it against "autonomous". Then sims will be able to enter and leave freely under a user-priority directive like BUY, but will not be permitted to enter for an autonomous-priority action.

I've been doing this lately, and it works great. No big deal with a house that has 2 or 3 sims, but essential with 6+ sims.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 August 19, 08:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that the baby controller will call the parents to feed a baby at least once (sometimes twice) during the baby stage, so it appears to me that babies need to be fed.
The presence of a nanny blocks the SS from showing up at all.

With toddlers I can keep an eye on their hunger level and unlock the kitchen when they need feeding, but what do I do about babies?
Nothing. Just wait until you get back. It can't starve, and the SS cannot come while the nanny is still there. That, or you can use the baby controller with Lobonanny on to stop the compulsive feeding, but frankly you don't want the nanny screwing with your food supply for itself, either.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 August 19, 14:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, you can get christianlov's All-in-one and Nanny NPCs over at MTS2, and hire that nanny instead.  The controller lets you set the level of the nanny's autonomy, and they're more intelligent than the maxis ones anyway. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 August 19, 14:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As well as his nannys, I recommend his smart fridge version B. It will work with or without his nannies.

Put one fridge in the kitchen and don't change any settings. This fridge will serve food but not bottles.

Put the second one in the nursery and turn off all the food options and turn on bottle options.

Now sims will retrieve food from the kitchen fridge and bottles from the nursery fridge.
Or if you are breast feeding, just use one fridge in the kitchen. Since bottles aren't available, the sim will always breast feed.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=177829

Get the last file on the page. SmartFridge20060728B.zip The other fridges on this page aren't used by the sims correctly. Don't get the globals. That was a failed attempt to get his original smart fridge to work right. The last file has it all working correct and is a local object.

If you are using his nanny, you can also pick up the smart milk on this page. His nanny will always feed smart milk to toddlers if you have this object out. It can also be used by your sims without worrying about their aspiration levels. I think that is cheating. But to each their own.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 August 19, 15:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are using his nanny, you can also pick up the smart milk on this page. His nanny will always feed smart milk to toddlers if you have this object out. It can also be used by your sims without worrying about their aspiration levels. I think that is cheating. But to each their own.

JMP's Baby Controller has an option to always feed smart milk.  However, I understand this is not a good thing though, since there's the possibility that additional feedings of smart milk can reverse the smart milk bug.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 August 19, 15:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That only happens if you feed smart milk again while they are still glowing from before, doesn't it?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 August 19, 15:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One dose of smart milk is usually enough for my toddlers to set their IQ to 300.  It will last until they get reset by an error or the installation of a patch or EP.  You can test this for yourself by using the Test IQ function of the Baby Controller or Lot Debugger.  A sim has a baseline of 100 for IQ, thinking cap will boost to 200, and smart milk boosts to 300.  The thinking cap will unstick the smart milk bug.  The highest IQ I've seen is a sim with smart milk stuck being trained on a career reward, which gives them an IQ of 400.  I've also seen this with smart milked children being taught to study.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 August 19, 15:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the last file on the page. SmartFridge20060728B.zip The other fridges on this page aren't used by the sims correctly. Don't get the globals. That was a failed attempt to get his original smart fridge to work right. The last file has it all working correct and is a local object.

I took a look at that thread, and the only comment about not using the global hack or the other fridges was yours.  The creator didn't update his post to say the global hack wasn't required for the fridges to work, although he had the opportunity to do so when he added the updated file for the smart fridges.  Also, he left up fridges that you say "aren't used by the sims correctly".

I am very choosy about the creators of the mods in my game, probably more choosy than I need to be.  I have to say that it worries me that a modder will leave a "failed attempt" and fridges that "aren't used ... correctly" up for download.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 August 19, 15:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Three simple words have saved my sanity from all of this mess.

"Free Will Off"

Works like a charm.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 August 19, 15:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that's no fun.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »