More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 11:09:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who would like the most awesome one to make a hack SPECIFICALLY to disallow the Sims automonously making Lobster Thermidor at home?  (Voting closed: 2006 August 27, 05:22:19)
OMG! I will worship you forever.  Lobster Thermidor must be DIE! - 51 (46.4%)
What do I need that for? - 38 (34.5%)
I obstain from a vote because I don't believe in democracy. - 11 (10%)
Sims?  What's a Sim? - 10 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor  (Read 27632 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: DEATH & DESTRUCTION to Lobster Thermidor
« Reply #25 on: 2006 August 17, 13:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The eating surface is in the kitchen.  Do you mean to put the table in another room from the fridge and stove?  How about the espresso machine?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 August 17, 13:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The eating surface is in the kitchen.  Do you mean to put the table in another room from the fridge and stove?  How about the espresso machine?
I recommend studying the Contest of Awesomeness for what makes a truly Awesome house.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 August 17, 13:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with Filet Mignon.  Mine want to cook it for every meal, including breakfast, and it starts at 6 cooking points so is much more of a problem.  Of course, that's because I have Squinge's unawesome mods that allow them to cook it at home (as well as Lime-Seared Prawns & Fried Chicken, but they don't seem so interested in those).  They also have an obsession with Ribs, although I think that's from 7 points on.  I wouldn't mind so much if it was only available for dinner, because who has steak for breakfast?  Pregnant Sims maybe, but that's all.  I am forever cancelling it out and getting them to cook something more appropriate. but sometimes I miss it.  The ChristianLov NPC's tend to start cooking themselves Filet Mignon too, but they rarely actually finish.  Luckily, the odd Maxis nannies that I use seem obsessed mainly with Santa cookies, although I do have one that has a passion for Baked Alaska and one that always cooks herself Chilli Con Carne whenever she has a spare moment.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 August 17, 13:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with Filet Mignon.  Mine want to cook it for every meal, including breakfast, and it starts at 6 cooking points so is much more of a problem.  Of course, that's because I have Squinge's unawesome mods that allow them to cook it at home (as well as Lime-Seared Prawns & Fried Chicken, but they don't seem so interested in those).  They also have an obsession with Ribs, although I think that's from 7 points on.  I wouldn't mind so much if it was only available for dinner, because who has steak for breakfast?
I do. Conventional concepts of "time appropriate" meals are for wimps. Besides, sims, like me, only eat one meal, if that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 August 17, 13:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I have the mod (Dizzy's, I think) that lets them cook any food anytime, and they're always wanting to make salmon or pork chops for breakfast. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 August 17, 15:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims hardly eat at all now, with the advent of the Snapdragon.  Cheesy
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 August 17, 16:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the lobster is the boring/idiot doctor that come when they aspiration fail ?
.. well i realy prefear to see his ghost and to see my sim cry for one week, eaven see him again Tongue

i do not use the cheat unless to skip him Tongue
so if someone here will find a way to jump the idiot pischiartic, well, he will be the Awesomest for me Smiley

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 August 17, 16:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the lobster is the boring/idiot doctor that come when they aspiration fail ?

Um, no. Smiley  Lobster is a type of crustacean native to the cold waters of the Atlantic and Pacific, usually living very near the coasts.  Delicious, especially the Maine ones. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 August 17, 17:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lobster Thermidor is wonderful!  My deli offers it at $250 a plate and it sells out quickly!
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 August 17, 17:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh.. lol  Cheesy
btw i hope that some one will think about it Roll Eyes

i've connected the lobster with the aspiration fail 'cause phonetics Tongue

Lobster -> Lob-otomize -> pisichiatry -> hated aspiration fail scene
« Last Edit: 2006 August 17, 17:45:43 by MaximilianPS » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 August 17, 17:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lobster Thermidor is the therapist??? 
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 August 17, 17:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe as second job.. on the free time Tongue
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 August 17, 19:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you know you can do away with all food just by sticking snapdragons next to the beds, toilets, chairs, etc.  Keeps 'em happy, full, and their bladders empty.

Maybe that's a needed hack: a snapdragon necklace!
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 August 17, 19:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I wanted that effect then I'd just use maxmotives all the time.   Wink

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
chrystalia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 August 17, 20:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lobster Thermidor is the therapist??? 

When your Sims are treating their food as if it were a therapist, they certainly have need of that goofy Sims therapist!  Cheesy

maybe as second job.. on the free time Tongue

Heh, long time lurker is amused enough by the mental image of a lobster dressed in a doctor's coat to finally post. Thank you Maximillian for helping me to stop lurking and finally post!

"Do be a Do Bee, don't be a Don't Bee."
Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 August 17, 21:08:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh.. lol  Cheesy
btw i hope that some one will think about it Roll Eyes

i've connected the lobster with the aspiration fail 'cause phonetics Tongue

Lobster -> Lob-otomize -> pisichiatry -> hated aspiration fail scene
Lobster = l'aragosta

Not dead but gone by four.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 August 17, 21:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims rarely ever go into aspiration failure, so it's pretty funny to me when they do.  Smiley
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 August 17, 23:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had one too many old Sims leave an unattended Lobster Thermidor because I wasn't paying attention to what they were doing.  I'd take it!  Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 August 18, 05:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I hate about it is that it is the most expensive thing they could possibly make, and they don't even need to eat it unless they are starving because the food value is so high. Then you cancel it out, but the food is already wasted- on the most expensive meal in the game!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 August 18, 09:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I hate about it is that it is the most expensive thing they could possibly make, and they don't even need to eat it unless they are starving because the food value is so high. Then you cancel it out, but the food is already wasted- on the most expensive meal in the game!
The food value of Lobster is actually quite low. I don't know where you get the idea that Lobster has high food value, it's maybe only about 60% filling. Pork Chop has consistently demonstrated superior food value at lower prices!

And a sim doesn't need to eat, PERIOD, unless they are starving.

Also, with OFB, you don't have to cancel it out. You can let them finish, then take it away from them and stuff it in their inventory, and eat it later by Macro-eat when they're really hungry, or pull it back out the next time the headmaster drops by.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 August 18, 12:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is from the Prima Guide.  It lists Lobster Thermidor as having a Hunger Efficiency of 100%, with a cost of $8 to have and $32 per plate to serve ($5 per helping).  Of course, the skill of the cook and the type of counters have an effect on the final hunger satisfaction value of the food as it's prepared.  Pork chops are listed as having an 88% hunger efficiency and cost $7 to have and $28 to serve ($5 per helping). 

Of course, I know how most feel about the Prima Guide, but this is why most consider Lobster to be so filling.  And I have observed in the game that when a pregnant sim is starving and has high cooking skills, she can fix a plate of Lobster and have it fill her to full green.  But with the No Eat Crap hack, most sims with half a hunger bar who eat Lobster only eat half of it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 August 18, 13:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Empirical studies firmly disagree:

Lobster Thermidor, cooked by 10-point chef, best cooking equipment available: ~114 FPV.
Pork Chop, cooked by same chef, same equipment: ~150 FPV.

The numbers speak for themselves. A porkchop is worth about 75% hunger, Lobster at 57%. Guess which one costs more?
Conclusion: Like used terlet paper, the Prima Guide is full of shit, as usual. I have no idea where Prima comes with their "hunger efficiency" numbers, because they're 100% USDA Grade A BS.

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 August 18, 13:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I had one sim with all his skills but he LOVED lobster thermidor..thats all he would make. The only trouble with that is ..He ALWAYS started fires.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 August 18, 14:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I had one sim with all his skills but he LOVED lobster thermidor..thats all he would make. The only trouble with that is ..He ALWAYS started fires.

Hmm, maybe it's time to 'forget' to put a fire alarm in his kitchen, and put him out of his misery. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 August 18, 14:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not a real solution to the problem, though.  If you did that, you'd have to kill every single sim who has 10 cooking points.  Tongue  I use Carrigon's safe cooking hack because it still allows them to burn food, but it doesn't start fires.  When is the last time you had a cooking fire?  How many have you had in your life?  And wouldn't you think a Sim with the highest cooking skill possible would have learned not to start fires?  That's why I don't consider this hack a cheat, but something that makes the game more realistic.  So even if they sneak off and cook burn lobster, I don't have to worry that they will burn down the kitchen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: