More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:06:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this look right? Scoring attraction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this look right? Scoring attraction  (Read 6000 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Does this look right? Scoring attraction
« on: 2006 August 16, 07:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went through that "attraction/chemistry" chart that GloamingMerle did a little while again and came up with some disturbing numbers:

Family and Pleasure scored +2, Fortune +1, and the rest broke even on the sum aspiration attraction.

Aries, Leo, and Libra score -7, Gemini and Scorpio -6, Cancer, Virgo, and Capricorn -4, Taurus and Pisces -1, Aquarius +0, and Sagittarius +1 on the sum zodiac attraction.

In other words, in a totally random neighborhood, the most attractive sims are Family or Pleasure aspiring Sagittarians.  Tongue

Some data that are a little more useful:

Mutual attractions: Aries/Taurus, Gemini/Pisces, Scorpio/Pisces, Capricorn/Aquarius
Dismutual attraction/repulsion: Aries/Gemini, Taurus/Cancer, Virgo/Aquarius
Mutual repulsion: Aries/Cancer, Taurus/Virgo, Gemini/Capricorn, Leo/Capricorn, Libra/Scorpio, Scorpio/Aquarius

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Does this look right? Scoring attraction
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 16, 07:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds pretty close to my conclusions, though not quite exact.

The most generally popular Sims, from what I was able to work out, are Wealth and Sagittarius Sims (they have the most good or really good matches and the fewest bad ones overall, although Sagittarius has no mutual attraction with any other sign.)  The most likely candidates for bachelors and hermits are Aries and Knowledge Sims.

The single best Aspiration match seems to be Wealth/Pleasure (or any Aspiration and itself) while the best and worst matching signs are as per your list.

The worst Aspiration matches are:

Romance/Family
Romance/Knowledge
Popularity/Wealth
Family/Pleasure

Oddly enough, Grilled Cheese Sims appear to get along at least tolerably with everybody else.  Go figure.  XD

I've got it all broken down in excruciating detail.  One of these days I'll get around to publishing the full report...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 16, 07:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Misunderstood the post doh!  It's late I need sleep Tongue

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 16, 07:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other words, in a totally random neighborhood, the most attractive sims are Family or Pleasure aspiring Sagittarians.  Tongue

Hrm. Heh. How odd. I can't recall if I know any Sagittarians off hand. At least, if I do, I don't remember that they are. Most people I know tend to be Aries, Tauri (sp?), Gemini, and Cancers. I know a few Leos and Aquari, but most people I know tend to bunch up in these few groups. Dunno why that is tho. Heh.

I took a look at my list of sims based on real life people, and of the handful that are Sags, none of them are like super hot/attractive. Tongue In fact, I'd say they are average at best. The majority of the hot people I know seem to be Geminis... which I suppose makes some sense since they are supposed to be like conceited or self-involved or something.  Roll Eyes

Mutual attractions: Aries/Taurus, Gemini/Pisces, Scorpio/Pisces, Capricorn/Aquarius
Dismutual attraction/repulsion: Aries/Gemini, Taurus/Cancer, Virgo/Aquarius
Mutual repulsion: Aries/Cancer, Taurus/Virgo, Gemini/Capricorn, Leo/Capricorn, Libra/Scorpio, Scorpio/Aquarius

Hrm. Heh. In the case of mutual repulsion, is this strongly cast or can this be overcome with a lot of prodding and/or using love potions? I've found that, as much as I enjoy the fact that my one Romance sim actually gets rejected, I want to be able to force certain sims into a relationship without necessarily having to resort to cheats to do it. In particular, my sim self and my partner self falls into this mutual repulsion of zodiac signs (Aries - Me/Cancer - Him). Are our sim selves' relationship doomed?  Undecided

Ste

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 16, 08:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attraction allows relationships to build more quickly, but that's it. Get your Simselves to be best friends, and they can be happily married forever, and without the annoyance of following each other into the bathroom all the time like Sims with high attraction. I forced my boyfriend's and my Simselves to have the "wrong" signs just for the three bolts, but they don't really matter. First, because I believe astrology is bunk; second, even if I didn't believe it was bunk, the game doesn't copy "real" astrology.

What bothers me about it, though, is how unbalanced it is. All signs should have the same number of attraction/repulsion/neutrals as all other signs.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 16, 08:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've given up on zodiac-based attraction.

I now change all sims to Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Pisces, Capricorn, Aquarius, or Scorpio, and don't allow any other signs unless it's a sim that I specificaly want to be unattractive to most sims in the neighborhood.

What bothers me about it, though, is how unbalanced it is. All signs should have the same number of attraction/repulsion/neutrals as all other signs.

That bothers me too. Why does Pisces get two when some get none?

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 16, 10:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I now change all sims to Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Pisces, Capricorn, Aquarius, or Scorpio, and don't allow any other signs unless it's a sim that I specificaly want to be unattractive to most sims in the neighborhood.
I find that my neighborhood is predominantly populated by Scorpii, Geminii, Piscii, and Sagittarii, without any attempt to force the issue, with a noteable Virgo minority and everything else rare to unheard-of. The oddball signs tend to wind up rarely finding anyone, often not even getting 3-bolts with their own.

They are. Each sign has 2 attractions, 2 repulsions, but whether or not those attractions and repulsions match up is a different story. There's several signs where their attraction is wasted because the attractee is repelled.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 16, 15:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, Sagitarii are pretty much all I play in my game when I am fooling around with romance sims. The high activity and outgoing(ness?) helps a lot.

And I have never really had problems pairing up Romance/Family asps. And I've usually been pretty good at keeping the Romance happy without cheating.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 16, 16:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: dizzy
I took a look at my list of sims based on real life people, and of the handful that are Sags, none of them are like super hot/attractive. Tongue In fact, I'd say they are average at best. The majority of the hot people I know seem to be Geminis...

To clarify, Sagitarii aren't the hottest Sims, they're just the Sims with the largest number of good matches (which I define as an attraction on at least one side) and few bad ones (a repulsion on at least one side) and thus will get along well with a wide variety of other Sims.  Pisces could arguably be called the "hottest" Sims, since they have two perfect matches (mutual attraction,) but they also have three bad ones.  Gemini in the game have one perfect and one good match, but also two bad, one terrible and one "weird" one, so they actually come out below average.

I find that my neighborhood is predominantly populated by Scorpii, Geminii, Piscii, and Sagittarii, without any attempt to force the issue, with a noteable Virgo minority and everything else rare to unheard-of. The oddball signs tend to wind up rarely finding anyone, often not even getting 3-bolts with their own.

That's because unlike with Aspirations, signs are all neutral toward themselves.

I wonder if the game favors certain signs or combinations of signs due to the personality traits associated with them?  I suppose a neighborhood populated mostly with Aries, Geminis, Leos, and Scorpios, for example, would not be a very friendly place.  And a lot of Libras running around would irritate the heck out of everybody, since they're nice but both sloppy and lazy (and correspondingly, I note, slightly below average for attraction.)  Whereas neighborhoods full of Sagittarians, Pisces, Taurus and Virgos would probably be pleasant but rather boring places.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 16, 16:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because unlike with Aspirations, signs are all neutral toward themselves.
Actually, like signs seem to get along quite well with each other. The reason oddball signs tend to not to get along with anyone is because you need a compatible personality and aspiration match for good results, and with oddball signs, you don't get a large pool of different aspirations to pick from, and you rarely have an archetype personality.

I wonder if the game favors certain signs or combinations of signs due to the personality traits associated with them?  I suppose a neighborhood populated mostly with Aries, Geminis, Leos, and Scorpios, for example, would not be a very friendly place.
My neighborhood is not a very friendly place, no. The people are mean, and like to scowl.

And a lot of Libras running around would irritate the heck out of everybody, since they're nice but both sloppy and lazy (and correspondingly, I note, slightly below average for attraction.)
Including me, I might add. I detest lazy sims.

Whereas neighborhoods full of Sagittarians, Pisces, Taurus and Virgos would probably be pleasant but rather boring places.
Well, Taurii are not exactly the nicest people. Virgos can be downright nasty. 0-Nice Virgos are not quite uncommon in my neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 16, 19:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to the testingcheats and the ability to "fudge" the in-game astrology, many of my Sims have more personality points than they should. Even when they're born in game they have much more than they should. When I'm making Sims in CAS, I tend to gravitate more towards people with lower neat and playful scores while making them higher in the other areas. I don't really pay much attention to signs anyway, I normally just end up screwing around with traits blindly until I make one Sim have three bolts for the Sim I'm trying to find a mate for.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 16, 22:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Family/Libra who comes up as a potential match for practically -everyone- in my neighborhood that I -ever- check using TwoJeffs gypsy matchmaker crystal ball thingamabob.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 17, 02:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are. Each sign has 2 attractions, 2 repulsions, but whether or not those attractions and repulsions match up is a different story. There's several signs where their attraction is wasted because the attractee is repelled.

Yes, and that's the problem. It's just not balanced.

I'd love to remove the zodiac silliness altogether and have it based purely on personality, aspiration and turn-ons/offs anyway.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 17, 04:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who said life was fair? Some personalities are just not terribly appealing (although they look like they would be). Others, for some perverse reason, attracts swarms despite the fact that there's no reason why they should...

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 17, 05:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who said life was fair? Some personalities are just not terribly appealing (although they look like they would be). Others, for some perverse reason, attracts swarms despite the fact that there's no reason why they should...

Life is not fair. The Sims is not life. I want my games to be fair.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: