More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 22:07:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Asylum Challenge?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Asylum Challenge?  (Read 115276 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: The Asylum Challenge?
« Reply #50 on: 2007 May 29, 05:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blimey, he sounds almost pleased to see you Baratron.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 May 29, 18:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I intend to remove only those hacks which actually modify sims' freewill behaviour.

I agree with the idea that only "freewill affecting" hacks be removed,  mainly to get more fun out of the hapless inmates.  I'm definitely going to build an asylum and try this challenge.  Looks like great fun, even though none of the other challenges have ever interested me (too much like work to keep score through 10 generations, etc.).  I am keeping critical fixes and probably fixes for some of the more ridiculous annoyances, but I think it would add to the feel of an asylum if inmates always went to look at new stuff, whined a bit, left coffee cups lying around, etc.

Tribulatio proxima est
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 May 31, 03:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I should probably also remove the Insimenator, as it's such a big hack it's bound to conflict with something. Although it does have a handy "Make Unselectable" feature... hmmm.

Hehehe... oh, the plotting Wink.

...I think I've read that if you make them unselectable with inSIM, they'll wander off the lot when they start to get miserable...

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 June 04, 16:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I think I've read that if you make them unselectable with inSIM, they'll wander off the lot when they start to get miserable...

I was afraid of that too.  I've opted to leave the other "inmates" as selectable, but just not look at their details. 

Have played 18 sim days now, and have had 3 fires and only one death (not directly related to fire) so far (she collapsed in exhaustion and probably just starved to death).  Things are getting interesting.  I was bored stiff with an asylum full of people just happy to have pillow fights.

Tribulatio proxima est
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 June 05, 01:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, it's Dumb Baratron-type People. I wonder if I should add you to the Torture Pool. Are you going to be around to be interesting? I think your schtick should be your allergy to everything. Any other suggestions?
Allergy to "everything" - oh man! *lol*. Go for it, heaven knows my real life is annoying enough at times. What will you do, make me randomly collapse vomiting if I eat something containing dairy products, or give me fits of sneezing if I do gardening? Grin

So far my Asylum Challenge is going to hell in a handbasket, principally because I was an idiot earlier today. Although the official rules do not say "No quitting without saving & reloading if something you don't like happens", that's how I play Challenges, as otherwise it's just too easy. Today's fire - the second since the Challenge started - was my own fault for not noticing that bloody Goopy had put pork chops into the oven before I walled off the kitchen to stop the sims going in there five times a day. In my defence, I had clicked on the oven with my controllable sim, but had only got the options "Make..." and "Make Many...", nothing about "Get Pork Chops" (it seems you have to hit exactly the right pixel on the screen to get that to come up). Goopy started the first fire too, and this despite him having acquired at least two Cooking points in a Yummy Channel Marathon (tricky to arrange without Macrotastics, as my controllable sim has entirely the wrong personality to want to watch TV).

Honestly, it's terrifying how much sims will over-eat given only Maxis free will and unlimited access to the fridge - as well as the sim who started the Challenge fat (Mickey Dosser, from La Fiesta Tech's fraternity), Dina Caliente and Andrezj Centowski (cow mascot) are now waddling around. It will not surprise anyone who's learned about Efficient Sim personalities that 5 of my 8 inmates have less than 2 Active points. It has surprised me how much the sims seem to prefer fish fights to using the Fun-building items in the house - so far I've seen the two Active sims using the chessboard autonomously, and Goopy using the easel, but apart from that it's TV or fish fighting. No one has used the exercise equipment at all.

I've cloned my Strangetown for the purpose of strange Challenges that might break the game. (It was pretty easy using the Batch Renamer that JadeElliot, I think, posted a link to here a while ago.) Depending on how long this takes to play & how much time I have, I may make an Asylum that is entirely... well, that would be telling Wink.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 November 20, 22:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for posting in a thread that has been inactive for so long but I felt that I might have found a useful loophole to get around the issue of stove/fridge loss due to fire. I don't recall seeing a restriction mentioned anywhere on buying the buffet table so instead of ordering pizza or Chinese food constantly you could just keep filling up the buffet table instead.

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 November 21, 08:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the rules state quite clearly that there must be an accessible stove, so that the inmates can start fires.

Money really is short if you play this challenge correctly, so the buffet table is not a clever option at all.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 November 21, 08:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the rules state quite clearly that there must be an accessible stove, so that the inmates can start fires.
Loophole: No rule requiring the presence of a fridge, only a stove.

Money really is short if you play this challenge correctly, so the buffet table is not a clever option at all.
No rule saying that the buffet table is outlawed, and there's no reason money would be short if you're managing it right.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 November 21, 08:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starting with an adult CAS sim, entry level jobs... aaargh. When I played this challenge, I spent every last penny on bills and groceries.

I think I will play it again soon  Cheesy

More F than you
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 November 21, 15:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I did it wrong the last time I had an asylum - not nearly enough peeing on the floor, aspiration failures, fires, etc. and only one death.  My "playable" inmate reached the top of his career and was released through several lucky choices on chance cards and went on to father 3 lovely children with a pretty walk-by he met during his time as an inmate.  Altogether too happy an ending.  I was hoping it would end in chaos.

Perhaps I should try it again as well.

Tribulatio proxima est
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 November 21, 21:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. I am tempted to set one up with MATY sim-selfs. Volunteers?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 November 21, 22:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will, just cuz I've only been in like two MATY stories.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 November 22, 01:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, torture meh.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 November 22, 02:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooh, use me! I don't recall EVER being in a MATY story, not even to be tortured

INFP or something
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 November 22, 02:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you asked, sure.  Self-sim is now in Made-up-animals.

Tribulatio proxima est
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 November 22, 05:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cow-row, you are already in my hood.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 November 22, 05:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I'm already there, too.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 November 22, 17:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cow-row, you are already in my hood.

I am? Awesome! I'd like to thank the academy...

INFP or something
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 November 22, 18:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All this has finally got me going on building a MATY hood.  Can't get link to work on SimRohina in Made-up-animals (link was to 4-shared account).  Rohina, I can haz, plz?

Tribulatio proxima est
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 November 22, 20:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm assuming Rohina wouldn't mind if I made it available again, but just in case, I'll PM you a link.  Smiley

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 November 22, 21:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PM a link with good clothes, please, or can I has a nice purple dress from Parsimonious?

Pescado also has it if you ask him nicely.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 November 22, 21:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PM a link with good clothes, please, or can I has a nice purple dress from Parsimonious?

I sent a PM with your original purple dress. No worries. Smiley

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 November 22, 22:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will check what comes out on my game - if current purple dress (which I want to keep) is not compatible, you can haz first refusal rights on anything simRohina would wear (noting preference for "nice purple").  Sounds like dress comes with sim, or am I wrong?  If there, simRohina keeps.

Tribulatio proxima est
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2007 November 25, 14:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's easy to make money, even with this challenge and since what you buy and place on your lot is restricted for me at least there was plenty of money to go around so being able to afford to refill the buffet wasn't an issue. I still had a stove and even a fridge on my lot I even gave my Sims a microwave so they had two ways to start a fire in fact since I didn't see any restrictions on microwaves. I just had my Sim fill up the buffet table once a day for the other patients.

I enjoyed this challenge but I was disappointed that it didn't turn out to be more chaotic. I only had one Sim pass out on the floor once and no one peed themselves until they turned into elders. A fun challenge and the first one I've ever managed to complete actually but too easy.

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 November 25, 17:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try it without idiocy removing hacks? I'm tempted to do so with all the excess spares in this generation of my legacy (stupid Family sims).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: