More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:05:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack idea - chemistry attraction adjuster
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack idea - chemistry attraction adjuster  (Read 4124 times)
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Hack idea - chemistry attraction adjuster
« on: 2006 August 13, 19:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's say, for example, you want to add a universally repulsive sim to your neighborhood, such as "Pete the Perv" http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86033&c=1.  The problem is, no matter how gross you make him, it doesn't matter to the attraction/chemistry formula, and so you end up with at least some sims who think the slimeball is hot  Roll Eyes

To get around this, I'm looking for something that can lower a sim's attractiveness, kind of like what the love potion does but in reverse, and preferably permanent.  Or maybe something that simply overrides attraction, forcing a 'puke black hearts at me' level of attraction.
I suspect this would need to be a global hack that interacts with a custom token or inventory item.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hack idea - chemistry attraction adjuster
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 13, 19:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drink two love potions in rapid succession. It invert the love potion effect. The Romance Mod does make zombies very much unattractive, though. Necrophilia is bad. Unless you're a necrophiliac, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 15, 23:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting tip on the love potion.  I suppose I'll make my cast of "Neighborhood's Most Disgusting" playable rather than townies, so that I can easily refresh their double-shot potion guzzling as needed.

Either that, or give up on this particular means for tormenting sims...

Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 16, 04:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attraction is irrelevant. Read my Bachelor story.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=103067&asset_type=story&user_id=797212

Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 17, 00:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a hilarious story, rohina  Cheesy

I wouldn't call attraction irrelevant, though.  Sure, you can overcome it if you want to, but my concern is the exact opposite. 

To illustrate, let's say your sim Amy is out in downtown, and innocently scopes the room.  "J.M. Pescado is HOT!"  Now Amy spends the rest of the evening obsessively farting hearts at Pescado.  Worse, you look away for only a moment, but in that time Amy runs up to J.M. and says "Hi, we've never met, but wanna make out?".  And Pes replys "Sure."  So there they go at it, because they have 3 bolt chemistry...

Anyway, I'll explain my larger-scope reason for wanting to control or lower attraction.  Why should Mrs. Crumplebottom do all the work tormenting other sims?  Sure, cloning the old bat would get her some help, but that would just be more of the same.  No, my idea is to attach the letcherous behavoir of the university drama professors to an utterly repellent sim, disgusting to all other sims, and set him loose as a townie. 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 17, 04:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even at "repellent", no sim is so atrociously awful that they'll be uniformly rejected by everyone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 17, 16:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure he and Crumplebottom would get along swimmingly, as he would drive all those darn whipper snappers off the lot.

Speaking of being annoying, has anyone actually HAD someone try to butt in on their dates like the Prima Guide says is supposed to happen (and you can supposedly buy them off to get them away from you date?)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 17, 16:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once. There was a sim who was enemies with the cow, and the cow came over while he was dating someone and kept poking and fighting him. He got the option, and paid, but the cow did not go away.

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 17, 18:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don Lothario married a CAS Sim that was a fellow Romancer.  There was one Sim that she had previously dated that would leave flaming poo, steal her newspaper and kick her trash can all the time.  Don caught him outside once and paid him off to leave them alone.

It's been a while since I played them so I do not remember if it had the desired effect.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 17, 19:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have to think on "how the sims can hundrestand what's cool and what's not?"
probably a sim with a too high value of the "nose" would mean that sims have a "strange nose"
same is for a very low parameter... sam should be for the personality.

probably a 9/10 neat is a paranoic person.. Grin
maybe on this case our sim should be scared to be a partner of that kind of sim, specially if he/she are not so neat Wink

btw to made an hack like this, i think, it will require an huge knowledge of the game.. specially for the phisical properties, btw
some crazy developer here could be think about it  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: