More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:00:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Expensive Wall/Floors?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Expensive Wall/Floors?  (Read 13010 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Expensive Wall/Floors?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 August 14, 04:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I have never thought the simple decent act of thanking another person made one a sheep. I know it is supposed to be "joke" (or heck knowing Pescado, probably not), but it fails to hit my funny bone. It just shows me that if being courteous and kind is "sheep-like" then the person who programmed that button is in much, much worse shape emotionally and consciously than anyone who is genuinely interested in giving appreciation, respect and support by pushing it.
You've obviously never had to wade through 3 pages of completely useless "THANKS THIS IS GREAT" to reach your bug report.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tIIsuggas
Garrulous Gimp

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 August 14, 06:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose, that before you implement new walls/floors.  Go into homecrafter, edit them, delete the old ones, and put your edited version in the game.

Saves deleting them in buildings.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 August 14, 07:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I have never thought the simple decent act of thanking another person made one a sheep. I know it is supposed to be "joke" (or heck knowing Pescado, probably not), but it fails to hit my funny bone. It just shows me that if being courteous and kind is "sheep-like" then the person who programmed that button is in much, much worse shape emotionally and consciously than anyone who is genuinely interested in giving appreciation, respect and support by pushing it.

I thought it was started to make a mockery of all those people at MTS2 and other places that hit the thanks button or posts those annoying thanks posts before actually making sure the downloads really works like its supposed too.

ISFJ
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 August 14, 07:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, sometimes I observe too much mockery going on around these parts which make the mockers look well, mockerous.

Or something like that.

Anyway, going back to my corner and piping down for five minutes or so.

:-)

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 August 14, 07:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, in the Good Old Days, people would just quietly snarf their downloads, and only return to bitch about it if it didn't work. That made it easy to find the bug reports, since nobody would bother saying anything unless they had something to complain about. Somewhere along the line, a number of insecure, whiny creators showed up, and started to moan, "WHY DOESN'T ANYOEN APPRECIATE ME!!!!1111". A culture quickly formed in which somehow considered it polite to deluge the creator in pointless thanks posts, often without ever having even used the item in question, and drowning out the IMPORTANT stuff, like the actual bug reports.

We here at MATY hate that. It's annoying. It's unhelpful. And we already know we're more awesome than you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 August 14, 08:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose, that before you implement new walls/floors.  Go into homecrafter, edit them, delete the old ones, and put your edited version in the game.

Saves deleting them in buildings.

The edited version replaces the old one automatically (well, it always asks you if you want to overwrite the file or not). If the previous version was in use on a lot, it will disappear off the wall, and you will need to replace it. So, no deleting in game needed to be done. With the new version of Homecrafter, there should only be one version of the wall left after editing, not two.

Regarding the Thanks issue, I think the purpose of the Thanks button in places like MTS2 was to reduce the number of "thank you" posts clogging up the download threads.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 August 14, 08:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the Thanks issue, I think the purpose of the Thanks button in places like MTS2 was to reduce the number of "thank you" posts clogging up the download threads.
That's the idea here, too. That's why you're supposed to push the button instead of writing THANKS THIS IS GREAT posts. It also serves the same role as the entire "benes" thing. Except we don't bother to keep score, because that's pretty useless. So it just goes BAAAAAAAAAA! instead, to let you know your response has been noted. Or not noted, as it were.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: