More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:22:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Replacement of Ugly Servo Eyes. [UPDATED]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Replacement of Ugly Servo Eyes. [UPDATED]  (Read 44065 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Replacement of Ugly Servo Eyes. [UPDATED]
« on: 2006 August 12, 01:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got so sick of the ugly eyes on Servos, that I had to do something about it.

This is a DEFAULT REPLACEMENT package. That means that when you install this, ALL Servos (existing and new) will get these eyes. You can only have ONE replacement package installed at a time, so if you already have something that replaces Servos' eyes, then you will need to remove that before you install mine. If you ever get tired of these new eyes, just remove the file and your Servos will go back to the way Maxis made them look.

I made both the female and male eyes the same color, but actually, they can be different. So, if anyone has any color requests, I'd be happy to make them for you.

I think these eyes actually look a lot more "robotic" than the eyes Maxis stuck on Servo.

Note: I did not make the eyeball and have no idea where I originally downloaded it from. It may have come from a Photoshop tutorial site since I get a lot of cool graphics from those.

The download (rar file) is about 100KB, but when you unzip it it's 1MB. The skins are huge so there wasn't much I could do.

This is what Servo will look like:

And here's what Servo will look like as a Vampire.

Let me know how these work for you. I tested them with various graphics options and they seem to look okay even with everything turned down.

You can download them from this thread (J.M., feel free to delete if you don't want them here) or from the following locations:

http://www.box.net/public/9rojn51zhp

http://rapidshare.de/files/29073300/default_SERVO_eyes.zip.html

http://www.savefile.com/files/4303425

http://www.geocities.com/saramkirk/

PETS Update

WereServo eyes can be found attached to Reply #24 in this thread.

Update 2

I have separated the VampServo and regular Servo eyes into two packages, as requested. Also, the packages are more compact now.

* default_SERVO_eyes.rar (60.33 KB - downloaded 1316 times.)
* default_VampSERVO_eyes.rar (61.8 KB - downloaded 1215 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 December 11, 02:17:58 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Replacement of Ugly Servo Eyes.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 12, 06:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are very nice. One of the first things I noticed about Servo in game was how ugly his eye seemed to be. It looked far too much like the eyes that came with the game, which are not only for humans, but they generally made me want to vomit anyway. I'll be downloading them as soon as I get on my own PC at home.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 12, 06:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know is how a robot is able to become a vampire in the first place.  If vampirism is viral like Maxis says, why would an organic virus work on an inorganic being?  It would make more sense if a robot could only catch vampirism from a robot vampire, who wouldn't be able to effect humans with an vampire computer virus.  Then again, I've given up on anything made by Maxis making any sense.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 12, 07:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know is how a robot is able to become a vampire in the first place.  If vampirism is viral like Maxis says, why would an organic virus work on an inorganic being?  It would make more sense if a robot could only catch vampirism from a robot vampire, who wouldn't be able to effect humans with an vampire computer virus.  Then again, I've given up on anything made by Maxis making any sense.

It's all thanks to the kiddies on the BBS who want a vampire/zombie/robot/werewolf/nonsense.... they get very excited when Maxis says some weird combo is going to be possible in the next EP.

I'm personally OK with all the supernatural sims, but not when they get the same horrid eyes that I can't stand to look at on sims. I have a folder full of "default replacement" stuff, and am not willing to play without it. I was actually waiting for someone else to make Servo replacements, but no one did (that I know of), so I had to get off my lazy ass and do it myself. I made several different versions, but I like these the best. The bigger eyes just look better when there is only ONE eye there, you know? Half the problem with the eyes Maxis used was that they looked too small.

Fail.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 12, 07:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I like this.
I've been thinking about making a complete replacement of the female servos.  I hate how they look like they're in drag, so I thought just using the meshes from the male servo and tinting the textures a slight shade of pink or something.
I'm not sure I have the time or energy to do it though.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 12, 09:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I like this.
I've been thinking about making a complete replacement of the female servos.  I hate how they look like they're in drag, so I thought just using the meshes from the male servo and tinting the textures a slight shade of pink or something.
I'm not sure I have the time or energy to do it though.

I have no patience for meshing either. I can barely tolerate texturing. Sad

I agree the Servos just look horrible in general. I don't think a simple retexturing is going to make them look that much better, but I have been thinking that maybe if they didn't have that nasty bluish tint to them....

What is it with Maxis and blue, anyway? The zombies are blue, the vampires are blue, the robots are blue... we even got two shades of blue eyes. Sheesh.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 12, 09:13:51 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 12, 14:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great work, Sara -- I may leave some servos as robots now.  I've been converting playable servos using the Simdroid skins, just to get around the default ugly looks.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 13, 01:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is it with Maxis and blue, anyway? The zombies are blue, the vampires are blue, the robots are blue... we even got two shades of blue eyes. Sheesh.
The interface is blue, the loading screens and such are blue, one of the sets of uniforms for Uni is blue and white...  I guess they think that they have a theme going.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 13, 01:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anime eyes!!!  Shocked

Awesome.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 13, 02:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cute!  Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 13, 15:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree the Servos just look horrible in general. I don't think a simple retexturing is going to make them look that much better, but I have been thinking that maybe if they didn't have that nasty bluish tint to them....
Servo's appearance is traditional, so arguing about that is pointless. The peasants would riot if the standard-issue Servo did not look like the Servo we all know.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 13, 20:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that the servo in TS1 was better-looking than the ones we have now.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 13, 21:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The interface is blue, the loading screens and such are blue, one of the sets of uniforms for Uni is blue and white...  I guess they think that they have a theme going.

I've made a default replacement (for my own use) of the servo skin in perfect grayscale, and it has a tendency to look a bit too brown.  The blue does make them look more metallic.  With a bit of experimenting I hope to find a balance between the two.
And female Servos actually look decent when I removed the hidious crayon lipstick.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 13, 23:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki experimented with making a pink Servo.  I think he put up a tutorial here somewhere.  I know he had a heck of a time with it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 14, 01:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that the servo in TS1 was better-looking than the ones we have now.
Servo's appearance in TS1 was better looking only relatively speaking, because all the graphics were crappier, period. Just remember that robots are technology shaped like square people.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 14, 01:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want one that looks like Lt Commander Data.  Cheesy
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 14, 13:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want one that looks like Lt Commander Data.  Cheesy

Use the clothing tool Smiley I made a cyborg that way.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 14, 14:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki experimented with making a pink Servo.  I think he put up a tutorial here somewhere.  I know he had a heck of a time with it.

Making a replacement is a lot easier than making an alternate version.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 16, 00:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh yes, that eye looks MUCH better.

However, I always use Pescado's clothing tool to just make them cyborg (i.e., they look human). 

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 16, 01:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that, and it didn't work for me.  I went through and chose all the clothing options, and the thumbnail changed, but servo still looked like a robot.  Sad
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 16, 01:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may have to use a dresser after and change into everyday Wink  Every once in a while the servos that I've cyborged are back in their robot state when I open the game for some reason.  Going to a dresser and having them change into>everyday works everytime.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 16, 01:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks.  I'll give it another shot.  Smiley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 16, 04:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't have to go to a dresser.  I've come across my androids looking like servos again now and then.  I just have the servo click on itself and select "change into formal".  That makes them look humanoid again, then I change them back to everyday using the same self-click method.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
MaxisManiac
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 26, 07:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Wow. I haven't posted here in forever. Upon clicking "Reply", I was greeted by a rather disturbing image of the Diablo II boxart. Necromancy is okay here, right? Right. Okay then.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was any chance of an update for robot werewolves? Upon creation of one I almost cried when I encountered that big nasty yellow eye staring right at me.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 11, 01:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, I was wondering if there was any chance of an update for robot werewolves? Upon creation of one I almost cried when I encountered that big nasty yellow eye staring right at me.

Here you go. WereServo eye replacements. I made them a little bit more orange than yellow, because I tried yellow and they looked kind of ugly. But if anyone objects to the orange, I can easily make it more yellowish.

* default_WereSERVO_eyes.rar (124.98 KB - downloaded 1058 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 December 11, 02:18:48 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: