More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 23:52:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Desperate for a "poly" hack...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Desperate for a "poly" hack...  (Read 3156 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
Desperate for a "poly" hack...
« on: 2006 August 10, 18:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's hoping I'm writing in the proper place. lol
I've been snooping the boards for a couple weeks now, finally got around to registering. Had I realized it was so damned easy I would have done it sooner, but I expected the usual "produce dna & bloodwork, commit to offering up firstborn male child" registration and acceptance forms.

I'm looking for a polygamy hack for my wife, whose sim family needs to marry. There's four of them, and they ALL are showing various "get engaged to ... " wants for each other, but we've discovered that once one is engaged, the others can't propose it, and her plan from the beginning (she used to do this in Sims 1 all the time, drives her bugnuts that she can't) was to have all four married to all four. Nyeh.. it gets confusing.

Jane wants to marry Joe, who wants to marry Kitty.
Kitty wants to marry Steve who wants to marry Jane.
Dreamy (wife) wants Jane to show marriage to Joe, Kitty, and Steve... and vice versa, as well as Joe showing Jane, Kitty and Steve... etc etc.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Desperate for a "poly" hack...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 10, 18:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the "get engaged to" want is buggy because it doesn't detect when a sim is no longer eligible for that. There is no practical way to create multiple marriages because it confuses the game and corrupts the GUI.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 10, 19:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That said Simslice has a get engaged thing that allows multiple engagements , I'm not sure about marriages tho however I will check for you next time I load my game , Simslice is however a pay site
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 10, 21:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be very suprised if it allowed multiple marriages. Multiple engagements shouldn't be that big of a deal, although I could forsee a few things in the game that wouldn't work quite right there shouldn't be anything game breaking.

Multiple spouses (spousi?), as Pescado said would be a Very VBT and would break many things and cause much corruption. BFBVFS guaranteed. Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 11, 09:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys, thanks for the advice & answers. The speed at which things get replied to on here blew me away. lol
Definitely do NOT want to be posting in the "Oops! You broke it" so I think I'm going to tell her to just deal with them all being a happy household and pretend they got married.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 11, 12:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...so I think I'm going to tell her to just deal with them all being a happy household and pretend they got married.

At least until they start doing romantic interactions or woohooing the 'wrong' person, and then the jealousy will kick in and they'll all be slapping each other silly. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 11, 20:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Squinge tried to do one (multiple marriage mod) but it was not working so he never released it because it could result in causing too many problems in game.  The game only recognized 1 wife or husband.  As for the multiple engagement, the problem encounter was when he wanted to marry one of them, it was not working properly and he did not found a way to marry a sim without being engage to it first.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: