More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 16:37:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  First NL bugs???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: First NL bugs???  (Read 21595 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
First NL bugs???
« on: 2005 September 09, 11:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado get fixin'! Grin

It seems that the first NL bugs have been reported, and only on the first play trial! Just wanted to get you warmed up.. Wink Bringing gavestones to community lots is reported to "work terrible" And thath the actual stone keeps on appearing on the sidewalks Roll Eyes
Also once the sims get their inventory they lose all personal items e.g. cell phones

I thought it would at leats take 3 to 5 days to experience bugs, but it seems I am wrong, I bet this will be one of the buggiest EP's. Roll Eyes

Greets, virgali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: First NL bugs???
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 09, 11:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where did you hear about this?  I didn't think Nightlife was due to be released until September 15.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 09, 11:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightlife is already released in Brazil, I went to two Brazilian forums.... I posted some user pics I found also at http://spaces.msn.com/members/sims2space

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 09, 12:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must now take a moment and laugh at all those sheeps who thought NL wouldn't have any bugs...

"Neenerneenerneener I told you so...ha!"

And I'm glad to see they're being reported so soon.

Let's ask about the patch for NL, eh? Wink

Ivy

HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 09, 12:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh, and I thought Uni was buggy.  Ivy, I'll pass on your request to twain as he sure does like a good rant Grin

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 09, 12:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will probably install the game sans hack and downloads....get the s**ts because it won't install without problems......consume copious amounts of cheese and whine......and sit back and wait until others do the same....then take my directions from them on how to install, remove, tweek yada, yada, yada!! Roll Eyes

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 09, 12:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bah...I still haven't gotten a patch for University, and now I have to worry about Nightlife?Huh

Then again, maybe I can just take all my old rants, find/replace the word Universtiy with the word Nightlife, and just repost everything....it would save me alot of work.   Wink

OR

Better yet, maybe we should just demand now that they fix Nigtlife AND University together thus making a SUPER patch.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 09, 12:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh, and I thought Uni was buggy.  Ivy, I'll pass on your request to twain as he sure does like a good rant Grin

Okay, I have to scurry off to work now...so I couldn't wait...

Have fun ya'll Wink

Ivy

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 09, 12:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am excited for some aspects of the game, but HATE the idea of all the nastiness that will have to be fixed.  I am also moderately hopeful that since I am, in fact, the slowest Sims player in the world (heh) that I won't get too far before JM has most things fixed up nice & tidy.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 09, 12:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that Super Patch is a good idea... Some players that will get NL could deside not to buy Uni, the other way around is also possible but most unlikely. So instead of starting yet another buggy EP they should finish the Uni patch and start making a NL patch... Grin

I guess getting your game later than most people have its advantages...Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 09, 12:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once more unto the breach, it seems.

And yes, I sort of EXPECTED that hauling tombstones to community lots would work terrible. I mean, the concept is fundamentally flawed at its core. A tombstone functions as a tombstone not only because of its tombstone-ness, but also because of attributes imprinted upon the tombstone, some of which are lot-specific attributes and are meaningless if removed or simply copied verbatim.

In order to be able to move an object, any object, via "inventory", the tombstone would have to record all of its attributes. So would any similar object being moved. Some of these attributes would have to then be altered on a case-by-case basis. The very idea that this could ever work is absurd!

Countdown to arrival: 6-8 weeks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 09, 12:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that Super Patch is a good idea... Some players that will get NL could deside not to buy Uni, the other way around is also possible but most unlikely. So instead of starting yet another buggy EP they should finish the Uni patch and start making a NL patch... Grin

I guess getting your game later than most people have its advantages...Cheesy

I was making a joke btw  Grin
I don't want a super patch, I just want my games to work as they should.

btw Ivy, I'm sorry, but I did not realise you started a thread in the Nighlife section.
It seems I have started a similar thread right above you.
well maybe they will all take notice now, lol

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 09, 12:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh! And I was so looking forward to those cemetaries! I understand they wanna please the fans but still if something is not possible to do they should just say so, I bet everybody would prefer a nice bugless feature than a awesome buggy feature you would avoid if you want your game to be fun and function properly... Roll Eyes

Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 09, 12:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does this say about EA/Maxis' beta testing?  Honestly do they do any?

I wish I could say I am surprised, but unfortunatly I am not.

They truly do come up with some inspired ideas, too bad they can not come up with inspired programing.

www.thesporum.net
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 09, 12:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, virgali, for this important information. Now indeed I am scared to death of the "monster"...Smiley.

And Twain created a jam on the site you gave, it's impossible to enter there now...Smiley. Good that I enterred the first time smoothly.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 09, 13:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the time I met Tim (seniuor producer) he DID say it is difficult to test the game because it's such an "open" game and also they need to test the ep on it's own, how it will function with the core game and the previous ep's autnomously as wellas all together...

(I'm not sure I'm explaining this right Embarrassed) either ways bottom line is thath the game is an open game and thath there are too many possiblities to test them all. He also admited that new things in new EP's may make it possible thath other things in older ep's won't function as they should and they try their best to make it all work...

Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 09, 13:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well thanks for that virgali, but I would want to ask Tim why IF EA/maxis can not test these problems, and find fixes for it, Then how could J.M. Pescado figure out how to fix the problems?  I know J.M. is a super genius but, really, you would think that the creators of the game should be able to fix a few obvious problems.

EDIT: btw is something going on here?  suddenly I am surrounded my galis?  Wink
« Last Edit: 2005 September 09, 13:53:14 by twain » Logged

www.thesporum.net
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 09, 13:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am the first gali...Smiley.

Twain, it's "gali"'s invasion...Smiley
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 09, 13:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL you got the "gali" magnetism.... Kiss Wink lol

I've also been wondering about that Twain? If it only takes two people do the the job, why can't whole Maxis do it??? My suspissions is, thath they were also too fixed on the console/handheld/mobile thing! Roll Eyes
I also wonder why Maxis won't contact modder like Pescado and give them full access to what they are doing so they could help out for a small fee? I mean they are already doing it for free!!

I am also disappointed thath there still isn't a uni patch. I now feel a bit guilty I pre-ordered my game... Undecided

ABullock
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 09, 16:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undecided According to the Game guide, tombstones will 1st appear near were the mailbox or trashcan normally are so that they may be placed by the player as he or she chooses....maybe I am wrong or jumping to conclusions, but it seems this this is where it is supposed to be, on the sidewalk.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 09, 17:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once more unto the breach, it seems.

And yes, I sort of EXPECTED that hauling tombstones to community lots would work terrible. I mean, the concept is fundamentally flawed at its core. A tombstone functions as a tombstone not only because of its tombstone-ness, but also because of attributes imprinted upon the tombstone, some of which are lot-specific attributes and are meaningless if removed or simply copied verbatim.

In order to be able to move an object, any object, via "inventory", the tombstone would have to record all of its attributes. So would any similar object being moved. Some of these attributes would have to then be altered on a case-by-case basis. The very idea that this could ever work is absurd!

Countdown to arrival: 6-8 weeks.
What you only get it in 6-8 weeks I want to buy NL next week but would like it fixed first, shoot now i have to wait or live with the bugs.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 09, 19:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hello Virgali, nice to see you again Cheesy

Twain, your patience honors you, but it's unfortunately not good enough for the average official board resident. They don't seem to understand that a game that shows bugs/glitches right off the bat will only get worse if you play longer. I thought Uni was just about the buggiest, unsupported game I've ever come across, but at least the nasty bugs didn't rear their ugly heads until about 5 days into the game's release.  All you get is the same old, same old:

"hacks/downloads/custom content screws up the game"
"I NEVER had a bug in my game, so it stands to reason that you are all hallucinating"
"Maxis does such hard work, loves us, etc., let's worship the ground they walk on"
"ea/maxis is giving us a great game out of the goodness of their heart...money? what money"
"it's the evil boolprop (or woolprop Wink)"
"ea/maxis didn't have enough time to fix uni"
"[insert own quotes]"

The grand price goes to tetametamushheadwhatever: "Brazil is getting before the US? It MUST be a pirated/black market copy" Yeah, all the retailers in Brazil are brazenly selling pirate/black-market copies, mmhmm...bad bad Brazil.

Tombstones appearing on the sidewalk initially is not a bug. However, if they keep on re-appearing on the sidewalk after leaving and re-entering the lot, that is most certainly a bug. Especially if it happens on community lots. Buy/Build mode is greyed out when playing, so if the gravestones are on the side-walk, that can't possibly be meant to be happening.

However, (again) I will wait and see. If JM gets his game in 6-8 weeks, that will mean I shall put it on my birthday wish list. My next birthday? January 27th, 2006.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 09, 20:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does this say about EA/Maxis' beta testing? Honestly do they do any?

I wish I could say I am surprised, but unfortunatly I am not.

They truly do come up with some inspired ideas, too bad they can not come up with inspired programing.

Maybe this is really what's happening over at EA/Maxis Cheesy? That's what sprang to mind when i saw the Dilbert strip.
Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 09, 21:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand they wanna please the fans but still if something is not possible to do they should just say so, I bet everybody would prefer a nice bugless feature than a awesome buggy feature you would avoid if you want your game to be fun and function properly... Roll Eyes

Can you imagine how buggy weather must have been for EA/Maxis to pull the plug on it?  Raining indoors is nothing compared to some of the bugs they let through!  It must have been acid rain that instantly melted anything it touched.  (An interesting idea, actually...) 

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 09, 21:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"hacks/downloads/custom content screws up the game"
"I NEVER had a bug in my game, so it stands to reason that you are all hallucinating"
"Maxis does such hard work, loves us, etc., let's worship the ground they walk on"
"ea/maxis is giving us a great game out of the goodness of their heart...money? what money"
"it's the evil boolprop (or woolprop Wink)"
"ea/maxis didn't have enough time to fix uni"
"[insert own quotes]"

Nice summary G Smiley  It does annoy me when certain users refuse to believe bugs exist and resort to throwing a tantrum and/or name calling.  I don't mind them disagreeing however I would like to see them disagree in a constructive manner.  For me, the prize goes to Becnivonville for her complete lack of understanding and her patronising derogatory comments.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: