More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 17:39:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd dual skintone problem (only top of head)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd dual skintone problem (only top of head)  (Read 3322 times)
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
Odd dual skintone problem (only top of head)
« on: 2006 August 09, 20:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,
I suddenly have had a weird occurance with all skin tones....For some reason the tops of sims heads have been showing as a different color!
LOL, I've seen this mentioned before, but only the entire heads awhile ago with simpe.  I can't seem to find any info on just the top of the head not showing.  I've taken out the default skintones and tried going into the game on sims that I didn't save prior to the problem and it's still there. THe top of the head problem does not seem to happen with custom skintones in game.
Also, when I try to export skin tones for creating, the same thing happens, only the whole face file in the adults is completely missing.  This happens with any and all skin tones, not just the original maxis ones. This is a strange problem, indeed, and I'm hoping someone can offer some sort of solution.
I'm can't imagine where that sort of problem would come from, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had such an issue.
I'd greatly appreciate any advice on the issue!
Thanks so much!

Here's a pic per request! Wink
« Last Edit: 2006 August 10, 03:47:35 by RabidAngel » Logged
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: Odd dual skintone problem (only top of head)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 09, 23:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any advice, but I'd love to see pictures.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 09, 23:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm i dont know if this is related but i had a similar issue with vampires where their face would be a different colour to the rest of them... it only happened with certain sims and i haven't seen it for a while, i'll see if i can get it to happen again and let you know how i fixed it.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 10, 03:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you download any default skintones lately?

Check this topic and see if it helps you.  http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=17.15

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 10, 03:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That almost looks like you're missing a hair mesh, since only the skin below the normal hairline is different.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 10, 03:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens with all hair, but I chose the bald head so you could see it better.  Any hair which shows any of the scalp turns out that way whether it's custom or Maxis hair.  Cry
I did check out that thread, Katze, and the issue sounds similar.  I'm quite sure that I got rid of any defaults that I had, but I'm going to double check.
Soja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 10, 05:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have kind of the same problem. When bald, my sims heads looks like the have some type of grey hair. It looks like this with all skins I have, not just the defaults (who are downloaded).

Dang
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 10, 06:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happens when the skintones don't match. I believe a sim's scalp receives its own textures somewhere, and default skins don't tend to override this because it's seperate. If you apply a skin with a non-matching skintone, you may get an original-colored scalp which won't match the oddly-colored skintone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 10, 06:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I may have resolved this issue as the skins are showing up normally again.
EDIT: Not quite....I still dunno what it is yet
« Last Edit: 2006 August 12, 23:59:41 by RabidAngel » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: