More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:59:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about marriage
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about marriage  (Read 5399 times)
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Question about marriage
« on: 2006 August 07, 19:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if I move out the hubby from the household whether he'd still be considered as "being married".

I was going to try but I wasn't sure if the game would save him once I moved him out.  I just want him to "take a break" so to speak, but still be married to his wife.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Question about marriage
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 07, 19:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unlike TS1, marriages remain set even if your sims are moved to seperate houses. However, you'll have to take care to maintain time-sync if they seperate, something the time-sync clock can help with.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 07, 19:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was a quick reply JM!

That's all I needed to know ty Smiley

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 08, 02:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I found this one out when I tried to split two sims up by having the wife move out to 'find herself'.

I'd made the wife just for genetic continuity for the CAS kids I was making. Then I was going to have the dad meet someone else. I didn't realize it was relatively difficult to break up a marriage. In the end, the mom killed herself (running with scissors) and the dad ended up marrying the other woman.

As a side note, the funniest thing happened when the mom, alone in her house, killed herself. Grim Reaper invited himself in to have a snack and watch some tv. She was dead, there were no other sims around, and he stayed and watched television for a good few hours.

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 08, 04:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Advice:  don't get married.

Oh!  Sorry - I thought you meant real life.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 08, 13:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a side note, the funniest thing happened when the mom, alone in her house, killed herself. Grim Reaper invited himself in to have a snack and watch some tv. She was dead, there were no other sims around, and he stayed and watched television for a good few hours.

Oh, yea, the GR is pretty funny to watch when he's alone in the house.  He's use the bathroom, or make a drink at the bar too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 08, 18:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that the easiest way to break up a marriage is to have one partner cheat on the other, then the break-up option comes up fairly quickly.

Other day I tried to have a couple lower the relationship scores by just argue/insult (not sure of the latter, I only had two options when the daily and lifetime score were about 80ish) and it took about 45 min of real time to accomplish.  It only goes down one point for each one so it takes forever to do :/ 

Trying to get the couple to not interact with each other for a few days only lowers it a tad, they'd basically turn elder by the time you could break them up.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 08, 19:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love a way for Sims to break up without being caught cheating as well, besides the really long argue/insult thing.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 08, 20:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Squinge did an unawesome easy breakup hack...

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=14851&highlight=break

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 08, 20:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but we need an awesome version. Maybe a NPC that serves the offending spouse with divorce papers?

I frankly won't use any of her (his?) stuff once it gooberly bucked my game.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 08, 21:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amen to that.  Squinge's hacks make me nervous.  About the only ones I use just for sanity purposes are the ones that nix bad socials on comm lots.  Though, after playing for a bit last night, I don't know if I even put those in after the big folder fiasco.

Hehe.  I have a friend who works part-time for a divorce lawyer (she's also a reporter), and hear daily about all the crud that goes on in the backwoods of Tennessee (her words, not mine).  Serving papers is rarely done there, and it's all whining and mediation, especially when sprogs are involved.   

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 08, 21:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I wonder if you could make a NPC that does that? Wouldn't it just be like forcing the break up interaction with the spouse and unchecking the flags? The spouse served gets a bad memory, they both cry and are furious with each other.

MetalKatt: What manga is that? Every time I see your avatar I feel I should know.... Might be the CLAMP like hair though...

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 08, 21:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a doujin scan, actually.  The characters are Kenren and Tenpou from Kazuya Minekura's Saiyuki Gaiden.

I'd really prefer a mod that just allows one partner to give the other the finger and walk off.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 08, 21:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, no reason at all to recognize it then.  Cheesy The one on the left looked very "Super sayan Tamahome" ish and the other looks like someone from X/1999. O_o  It had just been bugging me since I started posting here. =)

I'd be happy with any type of mod that allowed it. As long as it was awesome.

Still waiting on my awesome version of the breastfeeding mod though...

Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 08, 21:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^_^  They're a neat pair.  I'm just too fond of boys kissing to give up the icon.

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 09, 01:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I wonder if you could make a NPC that does that? Wouldn't it just be like forcing the break up interaction with the spouse and unchecking the flags? The spouse served gets a bad memory, they both cry and are furious with each other.
I was actually thinking about how great it would be to have the opposite yesterday.  You have two single sims, someone who thinks they'd be wonderful together and possesses a big gun, and the single sims get married to avoid being blown to bits.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 09, 01:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually thinking about how great it would be to have the opposite yesterday.  You have two single sims, someone who thinks they'd be wonderful together and possesses a big gun, and the single sims get married to avoid being blown to bits.
Usually, how it works is that he gets her pregnant, and the family holds a shotgun marriage for them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: