More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:50:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Correct syntax for familyfunds 'cheat' please?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Correct syntax for familyfunds 'cheat' please?  (Read 6061 times)
Rooby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Correct syntax for familyfunds 'cheat' please?
« on: 2006 August 06, 08:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the correct syntax to correct the family funds after being inducted into the SS?  I've tried every combination I can comne up with and nothing changes. 

Thanks for the help - I really don't want my Sims to graduate college with 47 meelion dollars.  I didn't, so why should they?

Rooby
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Correct syntax for familyfunds 'cheat' please?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 06, 08:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

familyfunds [household's last name] [amount]

The [amount] can either be the amount of money you want them to have, or you can say + or - an amount to have it added or subtracted.  I believe this can only be done on the neighborhood screen, but I could be wrong.

Examples:
familyfunds Smith 12000   (The Smith's funds become 12,000 simoleons)
familyfunds Wilson -5000   (The Wilson's lose 5,000 simoleons)

All generalizations are false, including this one.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 06, 14:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the correct syntax to correct the family funds after being inducted into the SS?  I've tried every combination I can comne up with and nothing changes. 

Thanks for the help - I really don't want my Sims to graduate college with 47 meelion dollars.  I didn't, so why should they?

This was fixed in the latest OFB and FFS patches, btw.  You should download and install them.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 06, 14:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may just be my game, but I've found that if I just type in the amount, it adds it rather than changes it to that amount, so I always stick to + or - now to be on the safe side.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 06, 15:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, on the other hand, have experienced the opposite:  Typing in +xxxx has had no effect, while typing in xxxx has had the desired effect. This may or may not be related to having more than one household in the neighborhood with the same family name—I didn't remember to look to see whether the other household(s) received an unexpected influx of cash.  Roll Eyes

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 06, 16:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may or may not be related to having more than one household in the neighborhood with the same family name—I didn't remember to look to see whether the other household(s) received an unexpected influx of cash.  Roll Eyes

How does familyfunds handle multiple households with the same name?  The one time I really wanted to use it, I had four brothers at university in four different dorms.  I chickened out and didn't try.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 06, 17:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of weird if you use it in the neighbourhood screen. If there are multiple families with the same name, it might change the funds for all, or it might do it for one in the sim bin, or it might do nothing at all.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 06, 18:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of weird if you use it in the neighbourhood screen. If there are multiple families with the same name, it might change the funds for all, or it might do it for one in the sim bin, or it might do nothing at all.

I think you have to select (click on) the family that you want changed before entering the cheat.

I only use the cheat from inside of lots and for families in the bin, so I'm not sure if it works for houses, but for families in the bin you do have to highlight them. If there are several with the same name, selecting one makes it so that one gets the money.

Fail.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 06, 18:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you have to select (click on) the family that you want changed before entering the cheat.

That's correct.  If there are multiple families with the same name, you need to click on the appropriate house or sim bin family first before entering the cheat.  Otherwise it'll act on the first family that had that name.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 06, 18:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's correct.  If there are multiple families with the same name, you need to click on the appropriate house or sim bin family first before entering the cheat.  Otherwise it'll act on the first family that had that name.

Ah, that makes sense.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 06, 19:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! So that's how it works! Because I used the cheat while I was already playing a lot. I had moved out 2 of the teens into the Uni simbin, waitin to be shuffled off to a dorm.

Something got botched with a hot tub and I was forced to burninate it with the stuck object remover. Well, I didn't want to penalize the family for their hard earned cash because somethin got stuckified, so I wanted to adjust their funds appropriately. I was hoping that, since I was PLAYING the family that I wanted to change, it would add the funds appropriately to the current house. It didn't. Tongue

I tried:

familyfunds +$ (nothing happened that I could see, at least not on the current lot)
familyfunds <last name> +$ (nothing happened that I could see, at least not on the current lot)

I think I even did:

familyfunds $ and that didn't work either...

It must have not worked properly, because ultimately I was forced to use kaching multiple times instead. Not exactly precise, but I remember that was what I had to resort to.

I went and checked the Uni simbin, and sure enough, the first sim (first meaning the one at the leftmost position in the bin, he was actually the second teen that I moved out) had his funds adjusted to what I had tried to set it to. I tried asking about it in chat, and there didn't seem to be a consensus as to how it worked or where the funds went with multiple sims of the same last name. It was thought to be random.

I was then forced to summon the child back home so he could call up and check out what his scholarships actually were so I could set his starting out money properly. I then went to the main Uni screen with him in the sim bin, and the familyfunds cheat worked properly this time.

I guess the lesson is, only use the familyfunds cheat from the neighborhood screen, especially if you have multiple households with the same last name. Otherwise it will be a pain in the ass to track down where the funds actually got sent to. Tongue

Ste

sgestner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 06, 22:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does familyfunds handle multiple households with the same name?  The one time I really wanted to use it, I had four brothers at university in four different dorms.  I chickened out and didn't try.
[/quote]

...I usually use the cheat in the family screen, otherwise the funds seem only to be applied to the first family in the bin for me.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 07, 11:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rename my households in SimPE so that each household name is unique.  Note that I only rename the household, not the surname.  This makes using the familyfunds cheat much simpler - I know precisely which household will get the funding adjustment.

For example in one of current neighbourhoods I have several households of the Forrest family.  Already housed are the Forrest1 family and the Forrest2 family. There's also a Forrest in the SimBin, just returned from uni - thanks to SimPE her household name is Forrest3 (although her surname is still Forrest).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: