More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:46:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Strange New Just Graduated, Get a Job on Computer Glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strange New Just Graduated, Get a Job on Computer Glitch  (Read 3181 times)
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Strange New Just Graduated, Get a Job on Computer Glitch
« on: 2006 August 06, 03:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(This glitch was solved using the lot debugger, but I thought I'd post it in case someone else is having it too ... )

This happened on more than one lot. I hadn't downloaded anything new in weeks.

My sims all graduated from university, not from the same dorm. I had three custom dorms, all at the same U. Some sims moved "back home" and a group of them bought a house together (I use no more free rides so it was necessary!)

As soon as someone got a job using the computer everyone in the household lost their ability to sit in dining chairs. They'd pop back up from the dinner table, or the computer. Then everyone in the house lost their free will. I could move them around but they did nothing on their own, and one sim froze completely, rejecting all of my commands.

The house with the group of sims kept crashing. I had to move them to another lot.

Another lot just crashed upon loading. I'd played it before because the recent grads got married, had a baby, and then boom. Next time I tried to play, crash.

Don't know if it's all related but no one's going to that university anymore, just in case. I've got three for that neighborhood (I'll never do that again, either ... )

Anyway, just thought I'd share as a matter of interest. Force errors/in world solved every problem except the crashy one. I had to build new houses. Sad in one case, not in the other. The one house was so cool, and I couldn't recreate it exactly. The other one I was sick of anyway.

My game is getting glitchy, I think ...

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Strange New Just Graduated, Get a Job on Computer Glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 06, 06:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The jumping off the table, or another object, is a bug caused by a buggy object, based on the poticular object (table, bed, etc). I had this jump-off  in TS1. Once jump-off the table, and once jump-off the chair.
When I checked with the transmogrifier my downloaded objects,  I saw that the cars have have been   t-mogged on a table base, and one of the chairs was buggy.
May be you should take all your downloaded objects, and check their origin, to find the buggy one.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 06, 16:27:55 by gali » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 06, 16:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor witches. It isn't so bad if you have to start over though...I had to do a complete restore of the computer yesterday, cos I got something nasty on it (not quite sure what it was but it had over 10 viruses Shocked My virus scanner picked up on it but whatever it was it left a load of shit in my hard drive) and it kept rebooting all the time Cry Happy in one way, cos I have got rid of all the crap I didn't really want but couldn't seem to uninstall, but sad because all my daughter's schoolwork was on the c drive. Now she has to wait until september to get all her stuff back from the school puter.
I have installed my OFB and FFS now though. I'm going to play it for a while to see if I get used to it....otherwise it is back to Nightlife Cheesy Luckily all my backups and downloads were on my d drive so I still have all my stuff. Wink

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 07, 16:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The jumping off the table, or another object, is a bug caused by a buggy object, based on the poticular object (table, bed, etc). I had this jump-off  in TS1. Once jump-off the table, and once jump-off the chair.
When I checked with the transmogrifier my downloaded objects,  I saw that the cars have have been   t-mogged on a table base, and one of the chairs was buggy.
May be you should take all your downloaded objects, and check their origin, to find the buggy one.

How exactly would I do that? Is there a program to help with it? I've got so many DLs ... I thought it might be the laptop computer, because the bug doesn't start until they look for job, but it also happened with in-game computers.

Does it matter if the object is installed on the lot? That would make it easier to pinpoint.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 08, 10:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The laptop computer is a Maxis's object, and can't cause the jump-offs, unless you have one downloaded. Try to put Maxis-made computer first, to see if the jump-offs continue. If they do, it's not the computer, but some other downloaded object which you have put in that lot.

When I played TS2 only (without EPs), I downloaded community objects available on residential lots. This pack has to be kept in the Collections folder.
All went well some time, but suddenly, when I gave my sim to train the body-train  Obstacle Course, the game freezed, and I couldn't move the pointer anywhere, to give orders to my sims. I exited without save, enterred and deleted the Obstacle Course, but didn't move it from the Objects panel. The game continued to run fine, as long as it was not in use.

In TS1 it was different. Until I didn't delete the bugged object from the game - I got the jump-offs.

I can suggest you to put in this problematic lot only Maxis-made objects first (write down which downloaded object you take out to the inventory), and check if the jump-offs continue.
It must be one of the downloaded objects you have on the lot.
If the jump-offs stop - put back on the lot, one by one, the downloaded objects, and check when the jump-offs begin. The last one added is the cause.

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 08, 15:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. If it happens again, I'll know what to do.

I back up my game regularly, just in case.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: