More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 03:12:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Skilling rate at community lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Skilling rate at community lot  (Read 2278 times)
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Skilling rate at community lot
« on: 2006 August 08, 10:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange things are happening in my game...

I took a sim and its offspring to a community lot for a skilling session. The community lot basically contains many aspiration reward objects, and is actually owned by another sim. Visiting sims must pay in the ticket machine to be able to enter.

At the community lot there's also a FFS Lot Debugger, so I tried to use the "Make me smart" option (to speed things a little Wink ), but it wasn't available, and neither was the "Make me stupid" - and before you ask, I always run the game in debug mode, and shift-click to have those options appear.

The "Test IQ" function showed a value of 200 for all the sims I was controlling! Huh I thought the normal values were always 100 and 300.

Upon returning home, their skilling rates were again at 300 (aren't they smarty sims? Grin )

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Skilling rate at community lot
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 08, 11:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make Smart/Stupid is unable to function if it cannot identify the state of the sim as being either "smart" or "stupid". Your sim must not be engaged in any skilling activities in order for the identification to be made, so that it will either read as 100 or 300. Any thing else is indeterminate and neither of the options will be available to avoid screwing things up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 08, 12:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An alternative would be to show one of the options if it couldn't determine the smart/stupid state. Undecided

Anyhow, the problem wasn't the lot debugger - it actually helped to diagnose the issue - but the sims themselves.

At the moment I used the "Test IQ", the sims weren't skilling at all.

But I'll try to investigate the causes, as this was the first time it happened, and in previous occasions I was able to use the lot debugger with other sims on the same community lot (meaning they had either 100 or 300 skilling rate).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 08, 12:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An alternative would be to show one of the options if it couldn't determine the smart/stupid state. Undecided
That would be bad. If it can't determine the state, then tampering with it will screw up the game. If a sim has "200", that could be because it's wearing a thinking cap (cannot ever make smart, therefore), or because it's stupid, but being trained on a career reward. Tampering with the values in such a state would corrupt them. Therefore, in order to be able to use the option, the sim must cease all activity and come to a full and complete stop so it can be examined.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: