More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:51:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Point me in the Right Direction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Point me in the Right Direction  (Read 2693 times)
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Point me in the Right Direction
« on: 2006 August 03, 14:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking for a simple tutorial for making custom skintones...actually, I just want to make a skintone I already have available for all ages and genders. I've searched MTS2, TSR, and here, but all I'm finding is creating default replacements which is not what I want. Is it idiot proof, just cut and paste? Well, any help is appreciated.

And, does anybody know how to do default clothing mesh replacements? I want to make the maid and social worker uniforms into a different maxis outfit.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Point me in the Right Direction
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 03, 14:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to make custom skintones, not default, just go in to bodyshop, start a skin project, cut and paste, color in, a little photoshop tweaking. It IS dead easy. I did it in my first week of bodyshop.
As for mesh replacements, I have noo idea Cheesy
tIIsuggas
Garrulous Gimp

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 03, 15:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is ironic

I have just finished a tutorial on basic skin re-colouring.  The resulting skin tone in the tutorial is green, but could very easily be another colour.  It does not replace defaults.  I used a free paint programme called paint.net, but if you are familiar with another programme, I suppose you can adapt it to yours.

The link is in my signature.

It hasn't been tested by anyone yet, so feedback is appreciated.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 03, 15:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paladin has a neat little program over at http://www.simwardrobe.com/ called NPC replacer that may do what you're looking for.It's under sims2 - programs.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 03, 17:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for pointing me in different directions.

I know about paladin's npc replacer, but that replaces the whole npc, I just want to do the outfit. I hate that the maid looks like she's coming over to do the husband instead of the housework and the social worker looks as if she lives a life of celebacy. It's alright, I'll figure it out.

About the skintone. Does that work for all ages? I have the skintones already...from the simsi, but he seems to believe that his models will never have children, especially the opposite gender. I would be ok with it, but he uses maxis skins and I find those horribly ugly. I'm just trying to make his fabulous skins available for all ages. Silly me, I thought I could just cut and paste, but all the faces and bodies are different sizes.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 03, 17:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not Sims, but a relevant comic considering the last post and topic...

http://www.homeonthestrange.com/view.php?ID=84

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: