More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:42:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is My New Neighbourhood Destined for Disaster?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is My New Neighbourhood Destined for Disaster?  (Read 3331 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Is My New Neighbourhood Destined for Disaster?
« on: 2006 August 02, 06:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering whether it's worth continuing with my new neighbourhood because very weird things are happening.

When I started it, I deleted all characters and removed all the SWAFS, but I think at some point I may have missed some of the SWAFS when I deleted a few more characters later on (excess NPC's mainly).  Nevertheless, that doesn't explain why every new baby born (with a brand-new character file) is getting either no wants at all when they become toddlers, or only one or two that could also apply to adults (such as buy a shrub), which are disappearing and not being replaced once they're satisfied.  In some cases they have replaced former characters, but some of them are new and haven't replaced anybody.

In addition, the toddlers who have replaced deleted characters were apparently almost friends with half the neighbourhood, so I deleted all those relationships.  However ... certain Sims, mainly two playable ex-dormies, a couple of normal dormies, a delivery guy and a gardener appear to be acquainted with EVERYONE, ditto a couple of professors, some of whom are parent/child/sibling towards each other (in one case, an adult professor is the father of an elder professor and the brother of another elder professor).  I remember this happening once before, but it was apparently caused by an old version of SimPE and I am now using the latest version.

Even weirder - tonight a new burglar and policewoman were created and one of my ex-dormies, who doesn't live on the burgled lot, is apparently almost friends with both of them.  I have no idea why the game would do that, unless it's still seeing him as a townie, but normally that 'automatic friend thing' doesn't include burglars and police officers anyway.   I've done everything I can to get the wants panels for the toddlers to work, but so far only one of them is normal.  The house that was burgled had a baby in it - the baby turned toddler the following day and had two wants - Buy a Toy and See the Ghost of Meghan (the burglar).  The first was satisfied and didn't re-roll, so now the poor kid is stuck with just the one that is not likely to be satisfied. 

Is this neighbourhood totally fubared?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Is My New Neighbourhood Destined for Disaster?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 02, 22:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea, Ancient, but it sure sounds like it is royally screwed up. 

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Is My New Neighbourhood Destined for Disaster?
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 03, 04:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have to say yes. Totally fubar. Sounds like you have sims pointing to the wrong SWAFS and other nastiness in the neighborhood files. Probably not worth trying to salvage.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: