More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:17:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Twins have gender identity issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Twins have gender identity issues  (Read 6327 times)
CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Twins have gender identity issues
« on: 2006 July 31, 06:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't played this family for months, long before I downloaded and installed the Uni patch (Uni is the only EP I have). I had twin toddlers, children # 8 and 9 for this family (the oldest 5 are at college). They looked like the normal undifferentiated toddlers, and I had named them Alan and Mel, so I'm assuming they were "baby boys" when they were born. However, when they transitioned to children, they looked like girls. When I took them to the mirror for a makeover, they only had girl options. But their clothing options are male, except for the dresses they transitioned in.

I put them both in pirate outfits, including the hats, so you can't really tell what gender they are.

I looked at them in SimPE, and they have the "male" buttons chosen. I suppose it's possible I originally had girls and tried to change their gender in SimPE, but I have no idea why I would even want to do that. When I've wanted a particular gender baby in the past, the old quit without saving and reload has worked just fine. This neighborhood has my Legacy house in it, so I don't usually fiddle with it much.

I have most of the FFS mods and not much else. This particular family has some custom genes (which I copied from someone I can't remember now) causing the infants to have little t-shirts and booties. All the other children have been "normal."

So can anyone help me resolve this identity crisis? Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Twins have gender identity issues
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 31, 06:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they're destinated to be gay?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
CatGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 31, 07:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gay -- no problem. Lots of gay people in this particular neighborhood. It was the female heads and male bodies that I was having trouble dealing with. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I want to at least wait until they're teens before I change anything.
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 31, 16:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Victor/Victoria!

Welcome to the dark side, don't forget your flashlight.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 31, 22:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they're destinated to be gay?

Destinated?  Huh

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 31, 22:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, like burninated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 31, 23:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or just a typo....or not.

Back on topic (ahem)
It sounds like a SimPE or Squinge experiment gone bad. Anybody else remember the conversation about the "choose gender" hack and its issues?

<Just found a flaming bad typo and had to fix it. That's what I do.>
« Last Edit: 2006 August 01, 07:40:05 by ElfPuddle » Logged

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Hei_Chavorale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 01, 00:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all if they are having gender identity issues, they would most likely not be considered gay in the real world. They would be considered transgender, pangender, gender queer, or something to that extent. Not all gay men/women are feminine, we are normal like everyone else, we are humans!
Sorry, didn't mean to come off as rude it's just things like that offend me...stereotypes that is.
*Mods If you want to delete this post you can, I was just speaking my mind.*
As for the twins, perhaps there is a glitch? Never came across this but send me the link for the custom skin and whatnot...I'll test it out for you  Cheesy
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 01, 05:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hei don't worry I don't even think mods even have the ability to deleate posts here. It thends to be more... liberal here you can pretty mutch say anything as long as it dosn't upset the fish god.

When they get to teen/adult you could just say they are girls and dress them up in converted dresses from MtS2 and Simgurls (what ever its called).

Or I could be totally wrong...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 01, 05:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mods can delete posts, but this is rarely exercised except in cases of double-posts and blatant spam.

Hei_Chavorale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 01, 12:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd really like to try out those custom objects...want to see if it happens to my sims. It'd be cool if it did! Cheesy
Hei_Chavorale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 02, 13:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CatGirl, do you think you could put some pictures up of them? pretty please with sugar on top...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: