More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 01:08:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Buffet Tables on Community Lots - does it work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Buffet Tables on Community Lots - does it work?  (Read 3871 times)
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Buffet Tables on Community Lots - does it work?
« on: 2006 August 01, 14:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made some nice lots with ticket machines for the pay, like hang-out places or hotels. I don't want to complicate some of them with a kitchen and staff, so I just stuck in a buffet table, and hired someone to restock and someone to tidy up. (It is a sim- owned lot) But very time I have a sim go down there, they have to clean up the table and serve food again. Sometimes it appears full but all the food except the gelatin has gone bad.

I suppose I'm wrong in assuming these tables work like the ones from Sims1 Vacation pack, you don't pay for a plate of food. Your "rich" sim has to go down there and set the table by himself? For all that money? Am I missing something here?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Buffet Tables on Community Lots - does it work?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 01, 15:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they do work on community lots, but the sims visiting have to be hungy, and the buffet table carries a lot of food (especially for a new business without a lot of customers).  I got around the cost problem by using Paladin's buffet, which lets you charge for each plate.  You can find it at http://www.simwardrobe.com.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 01, 16:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend EventHorizon's buffet table at MST2.  It is full when you place it, stays full and doesn't go off, and serves all known food!   Then you can get my "salad bar" cover from Laden Swallow to go over it and make it look less like a private party table.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 01, 16:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using Paladin's food replicator on my teen hangout community lot. You don't make money from it, but I think it's need to see the variety of food they pick to eat all on their own.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 01, 17:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I initially didn't want to install Paladin's buffet, as it means more items in my catalog, maybe I will now, or EventHorizon's table.
But the real question is, if the table is completely empty, do the restockers fill it back up? Mine don't seem to do it. Sad
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 01, 19:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the real question is, if the table is completely empty, do the restockers fill it back up? Mine don't seem to do it. Sad

Paladin's has an auto-restock function. The set price is $25 per plate, so you can fill it with something cheap like hamburgers or hot dogs and make money if you sell at least 2 plates.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 01, 21:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'll definately try that out, you guys are so convincing! And I never even thought about hot dogs, when that's the normal food for a party place, not turkey Cheesy Thanks
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 02, 07:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joe, the autorestock only works when the food runs out.  If there are say two servings left, they can go off and start getting flies.  Eventually a guest might take one and get sick.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 02, 12:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joe, the autorestock only works when the food runs out.  If there are say two servings left, they can go off and start getting flies.  Eventually a guest might take one and get sick.

Actually, with 'noeatcrap' in the game the guests don't take the food if it goes off -- someone just has to clear it up to generate a new plate.  I've only used Paladin's buffet in businesses, and the business owner in many cases will autonomously clear it off when it goes bad. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: