More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:13:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fast and fatal?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fast and fatal?  (Read 9472 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Fast and fatal?
« on: 2006 July 31, 20:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a number of YAs currently stashed in a Uni dorm.  I really don't like any of these Sims (all born-in-game) and don't wish to play them through Uni or beyond.

Is there a way to arrange their quick and premature demise?

They all live in the same dorm so I guess there could be a mass drowning, but I'd really prefer something faster.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Fast and fatal?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 31, 20:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tombstone of life and death? I think that's what it's called... Tongue

ETA

Rodney's Death Creator. That's what I meant.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 31, 21:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a number of YAs currently stashed in a Uni dorm.  I really don't like any of these Sims (all born-in-game) and don't wish to play them through Uni or beyond.
Is there a way to arrange their quick and premature demise?

Well, you could delete anything that cooks food on the lot -- won't take them long to starve to death. You can also use Paladin's Incendiary Bomb or vase of fire (http://www.simwardrobe.com).  There's also the poison potions found over on MTS2 if you want some variety (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=135930&highlight=poison+potion). And the Insimenator has the 'Suicide' option that gives you all the possible choices for sim death.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
tIIsuggas
Garrulous Gimp

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 31, 22:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stick em all on an empty lot, and press 3.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 31, 22:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Appreciate those nicely wicked suggestions, Brynne and Jsalemi.

Three?  What happens then?  Poof?  Splat?  Or a wisp of vapor?
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 31, 22:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fastest way that I've found for an uncreative death is turn on testing cheats and manually drop energy and hunger to 0. Instant reaper.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 31, 22:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pressing three is the same as clicking on hyper-speed. Basically, suggas is suggesting starvation.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 31, 22:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used this in debug recently, but I believe there's an option when you SHIFT+Click that is Kill.../By Flies or something similar.  Rodney's Death Creator is the quickest method for the other deaths though.
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 31, 23:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you move them all to the sim bin and press the delete key? It's quick and doesn't hurt at all. At least, it doesn't hurt me, which is the main thing. 

Otherwise I like the runs with scissors object, because it's very quick, and it's not my fault if they choose to play with it.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 31, 23:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about slow and fatal? Infect them all with pneumonia and don't let them rest. There that all are, struck down in the flower of their youth in a tragic epidemic, and you can send the headstones back to the respective grieving families...
*g*

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 31, 23:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could delete anything that cooks food on the lot -- won't take them long to starve to death.

At university, don't they wander to campus to get food once in a while if they're hungry? Or is that only fraternities?

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 31, 23:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you move them all to the sim bin and press the delete key? It's quick and doesn't hurt at all. At least, it doesn't hurt me, which is the main thing. 

Otherwise I like the runs with scissors object, because it's very quick, and it's not my fault if they choose to play with it.

NO NO NO NO NO

This will leave dead character files...VBT! Don't attempt at home.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 31, 23:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you move them all to the sim bin and press the delete key? It's quick and doesn't hurt at all.

They were all born in the game:  they have families and friends I'm currently playing.  Deleting them would set up my game for a BFBVFS and I don't want that.

tIIsuggas
Garrulous Gimp

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 31, 23:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Appreciate those nicely wicked suggestions, Brynne and Jsalemi.

They just die a boring death, BUT it does give you a chance to go get a nice cuppa and sit back and watch.
fwiffo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 31, 23:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be most fun to dispatch them without cheats.  If you'd like to do that, the quickest and easiest routes (in order of speed of death) are probably:
1) Fire: stick them in a doorless room with a fridge and an oven and stacks of furniture.  Stick something in the oven, but cancel before they retrive it.  Let flamage ensue.
2) Drowning: pool + swim - ladder = glug glug glug
3) Starving: my favorite route is to lure them on to a solitary piece of decking or foundation then delete the stairs and switch to max speed.  Don't give them room to even lay down.  They'll be on display like David Blane until they finally bite it.
4) Flies: Unless the unlimited trash piles via pizza bug has been fixed since I've last done this, flies is a pretty easy and fun death.  Use the pizza box bug to create a long corridor filled with trash, and march your sims through the mess.
5) Fright: If there are already a enough ghosts to get regular hauntings, this can make short work of a sim.

Other methods require cheats or are slow or require a complex setup or would require cheating on a dorm lot.

See PeeWee's Death Tutorial.

If you just want to do them in quickly, Rodney's Death Creator is the way to go, or buyable fire.  Play your cards right and you can take out a few pesky dormies while you're at it.
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 31, 23:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you move them all to the sim bin and press the delete key? It's quick and doesn't hurt at all.

They were all born in the game:  they have families and friends I'm currently playing.  Deleting them would set up my game for a BFBVFS and I don't want that.

Are the sims deleted from the sim bin not as dead as the ones killed in the game?  Surely the character files will be there either way?  I'd like to know as I've been playing my neighbourhood for well over a year, with a couple of hundred sims born in the game, and as it survived the jump bug and death bug and various other bugs and hasn't blown up yet, I don't particularly want it to start now.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 31, 23:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not techie enough to give you a proper answer, but the short answer is: No, they aren't dead like those who die in game.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 01, 00:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the sims deleted from the sim bin not as dead as the ones killed in the game?  Surely the character files will be there either way?
Sims deleted from the bin have some, but not all, of the files relating to them deleted.  Some of the deleted files are still needed by some of your living sims for reference, and the files that are not deleted can and will catch up to you later.  In simpler terms, it leaves a lot of loose ends that will cause you problems in the short term and possibly a BFBVFS eventually.  In even simpler terms: deleting from sim bin=no, don't do it!

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 01, 00:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do it all the time, because I hate to kill sims, and never have seen my hood exploding, during all the time I play the game (2 years).

One thing I obsereved in the Enhanser is: the file of the deleted sim vanishes, and it's place is taken by a new born or made sim. For instance, if the deleted sim was User107, the new born will be User 107.

If  the old User 107 doesn't have family - nothing happens, and the new User107 keeps his family relations, but gets as friends all the old User107, which are shown only in the Enhanser, and not in the game.
If the old User107 had family relations, and I look at the files of his relatives, I see a "?" instead of the deleted User107, but never see family relations to the new User107.

As the YA at the college are always without family relations, I never have problem to delete them when they are in the House bin, or the Family bin.

The only time when the game begins to move awkwardly is, when I have too many sims in the hood (above 650). In a new hood I have about 215 pre-made sims, so there is no problem.

So, I support Simposiat suggestion.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 01, 00:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Runs with scissors doesn't work; they just pocket the scissors.

However, the Brothers Bisgrove are no more.  I sent them both up to the rooftop of Lam Plaza Dorm then shoved a dresser in front of the stairs.

Did a load of laundry and when I returned to the computer, there were two tombstones on the roof, which is quite interesting. I wonder if now the dorm will be haunted.

That would not be a good thing so I guess I'll temporarily move another YA into Lam Plaza and see if I can get the tombstones transferred to Pleasant Dreams Cemetery so the family can properly mourn.   Cry

Anyway, I think I'll download Rodney's Death Creator from my office tomorrow (broadband there). 

Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 01, 00:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need to download the death creator.  It's one of the options under "Spawn" that you get when you shift+click on a Sim with the testingcheats on.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 01, 01:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just use the Ingelogical shrub to boot them to the townie/dormie pools and forget about 'em? Killing your sims leaves dead character files behind, an outcome which may be unhelpful to the long-term health of your neighborhood. Deleting is even worse.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 01, 02:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really want any more townies walking about, but I guess I could just arm the rest with cell phones then move them into the Sim bin.  My playable Sims could keep up their friendships with the binned YAs and I can ignore them.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 01, 12:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if now the dorm will be haunted.

Oh, yea it will. I usually have one dorm on campus where the dormies drop like flies (I use JMP's nouniprotect). They usually starve to death, in spite of the abundance of food sitting right there on the counter.  Anyway, there's one haunted dorm that already has 4 tombstones and an urn, and there's usually a ghost around every night. Great for knowledge sims.

The weird thing is that it's usually only one dorm that gets all the ghosts -- the dormies rarely die on their own in the other dorms.  While it is random, it definitely makes it seem like the 'dorm of death' is cursed. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 01, 14:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but can't you have the dorm burn down? 

Not really.  My YAs are quite skilled before they get to Uni and are the only playable characters in the dorm.  They'd probably graduate before I could get them to start a fire at the stove.

Plus, being burned alive is not particularly appealing, even if they are only pixel people.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: