More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:29:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Overtly friendly neighbor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Overtly friendly neighbor  (Read 6309 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Overtly friendly neighbor
« on: 2006 July 31, 07:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this one sim who used to work as a barista, but was turned into a playable sim when I had her marry one of my CAS sims. The problem is that she keeps visiting all the neighbors, uninvited, all the time. This is different from the feature that outgoing sims may walk into the house without being greeted. She's not outgoing, and she shows up all the time. She'll walk in, grab a bag of cookies from the fridge and sit in front of the TV, starting to play video games. And will stay for hours unless sent home. It's starting to get slightly annoying. My theory is that this overtly friendly behaviour has something to do with her having been a barista in the past. Other NPCs that I've turned playable in the past have not behaved like this, but I've never played with ex-baristas before. Any ideas how to make her behave like a normal, more reserved neighbor?

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Overtly friendly neighbor
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 31, 07:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you have a problem with Raiders of the Lost Fridge. Lock your fridges to prevent theft.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 31, 09:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What method would you recommend for locking the fridges?

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 31, 09:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may shortly discover this when I finish grading the Contest of Awesomeness, of which one of the measures of quality design includes protection from "Raiders of the Lost Fridge". As a rule, the fridge should be sealed in a room with the other cooking equipment and locked against visitors either by APO or Maxian OFB door locking. Otherwise you will be pillaged blind, a practice that is not good for anyone, because unlike in real life, eating a cookie inflates you like a balloon. As opposed to in real life, where if I eat an entire sack of cookies, I won't get any fatter, I just won't be hungry for a day or two.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 31, 10:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about that, because I do get fatter if I eat an entire sack of cookies in a short period of time  Wink. That's why I try to buy them in small portions instead of sacks, and try not to raid my neighbors' kitchens.

I'll try the door locking trick, then.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 31, 12:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about that, because I do get fatter if I eat an entire sack of cookies in a short period of time  Wink. That's why I try to buy them in small portions instead of sacks, and try not to raid my neighbors' kitchens.
How? If you eat an entire sack of cookies, you'll have enough fuel to last for quite awhile. Do you immediately go and eat again shortly later or something? Because that would be why. The typical sack of cookies supplies enough fuel to last for 2-5 days depending on level of activity and size of sack.

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 31, 13:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the problem is that no amount of food I eat at once will keep my blood sugar stable for more than 6 hours or so. Low blood sugar means an increased chance of headaches and bitchiness, which are usually considered undesireable side effects. So, yes, even if I eat a sack of cookies, I will have to eat again in a few hours. And my activity level is 0, if not negative, which means even a smaller sack will make me fat. Even though, for a couch potato, I have a pretty good metabolism.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 31, 16:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're an alien, JM.

Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 31, 16:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a rule, the fridge should be sealed in a room with the other cooking equipment and locked against visitors either by APO or Maxian OFB door locking. Otherwise you will be pillaged blind, a practice that is not good for anyone, because unlike in real life, eating a cookie inflates you like a balloon.

I'm curious about this, because visitors on my lots never go near the refrigerator; instead, they throw thought bubbles of hunger and leave, even when I may not want them to go. I don't think I have any hacks that would affect this. As I understand it, Jeff's Visitor Snacking Fix only functions during parties.The other food-related hacks I use are:

Eat More Talk Less
Food Already Available
noeatcrap
smart-serve2g (but I've just disabled this because it's annoying when sims serve when I want them to just make one)

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 31, 17:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Normal" visitors don't usually raid the fridge, but wedding party visitors do. And this ex-barista sim.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 31, 19:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same sim-eating habits as Hegelian. My sims don't always eat when I ask them to.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 01, 06:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I little off topic but I noticed something since I installed OFB.  During parties guests never get food from the buffet,  they go straight to the fridge and grab chips.  The buffet is untouched during the whole party.

Oh and now they never do anything besides drink if you have a bar - sometimes they don't even stop drinking for awhile when you want another sim to interact with them.  Very annoying.

That being said, I have a sim who is engaged to one of the barista's.  Been lazy though and haven't gotten around to having them live together/married yet.  I'll let you know if he shows the same behaviour in my neighbourhood.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 01, 13:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I little off topic but I noticed something since I installed OFB.  During parties guests never get food from the buffet,  they go straight to the fridge and grab chips.  The buffet is untouched during the whole party.

There's a mod here that fixes that behavior, by TwoJeffs -- it's part of his food hacks. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,1199.0.html

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 02, 06:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that Jsalemi.  I've been away ffrom the game for a few months and it's taking awhile to update all my mods after getting OFB.

Just started my first business too.  I'm going to be needing a whole lot more mods from the looks of things Tongue

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 19, 16:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Similogical fridge! Similogical fridge! Similogical fridge! Plus every fridge hacck of JM and Twojeffs. Really, I'm a fridge nazi when it comes to stopping unarthorized meals, because the sims NEVER EVER cook for more than themselves.

And buyable fire is always good for unwanted guest. I have a special room in every lot that I send gain control and send unwanted guest into. I like "died by fire" ghost because they complain the most, and for some odd, sick, reason; I enjoy listening to it while the sims sleep.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 19, 17:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happens to me when the Vampire bites them.  They turn into the neighbor from Hell.   I cure their vampirism and turn them into teens--probably should keep them vamps so they could only do it at night.  It is part of their programming, that is why they are Non-Playable Characters--they bring programming baggage with them.  Some NPC's are more annoying than others.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: