More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 07:28:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  a bank loan mod?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: a bank loan mod?  (Read 10396 times)
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
a bank loan mod?
« on: 2006 July 29, 14:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Various of my none cheat families have exploaded their houses off themselves (darn twins) but they can't afford to move out to bigger house so I was wondering if there is a bank loan mod out there, something that doesn't conflict with monique's computer?

I don't mind them having to pay interests on the loans, as long as it can be payed back.

Darn twins.
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
Re: a bank loan mod?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 29, 14:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try JM's money order if some sim they know has some spare cash.

http://tinyurl.com/n6mxq

edited to add link

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 29, 15:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is an ATM machine.

It's the best I've seen for loans. You can get a loan, pay back the loan, check your account to see how much you owe, and make a contribition if you find that your sim has a little too much money. The loan will accrue interest and if you use this, beware of overdoing the loan. Interest rates are HIGH and your sims will never be able to pay it off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 29, 15:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a set of pictures which give 4 different loan amounts between 1,00 & 50,000 - when you sell the picture, the loan is paid back.  Not sure where I got them - MTS2 I think.  There's also Inge's mortgage shrubs.  In any case, can't you get a loan from Monique's computer?  I thought you could.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 29, 15:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The money order I already have but it not an option for me....The goth's will kill me if I dip any more into their already diminishing funds :/

I don't think you can get a loan from the Monique computer....it does have a bank mod yes, but I have never used it. I thought it was only for putting money in bank...not to get loan... im gonna fire up the game to check it out. The family in most problem does have the Monique computer...

Does the ATM machine conflict with Monique?
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 29, 16:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doh! Im majorly blushing now. Monique computer DOES have a loan application lol

Thanks guys. One more question Grin if I take a loan and then move them out...do i have to put the computer into their inventory before they move out or can I buy a new monique computer and have the loan survive through that one?

And is it very risky to move out with 2 newborn infants? They really really need a bigger home.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 29, 17:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's computer will remember how much they owe, whether they have it on the lot or not.  It will keep charging interest.  The only way to get away with the money is to remove the mod from your Downloads folder...otherwise the debt follows your sim forever... Even visiting sims interest charges are flagged up on residential and community lots.  One nice thing about Monique's banking system is that no matter how much you owe, you can always borrow more!

There's no risk in moving out with newborn babies - although recently I had a sim move out straight after giving birth to twins (early release from prison); when she moved into her own home with the twins she gave birth again - to another set of twins!  I'm sure it was just a glitch, nothing more.

happy now :-)
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 29, 18:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. No. I just moved out hte family, successfully Smiley but the new Monique computer I bought for them (I didn't throw the older one into their inventory) did not remember the loan. At all.

Big bummer, as this is a no cheat family :/
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 29, 19:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try waiting 24 simhours and see if the interest pops up again. 
And to answer your previous question about the ATM conflicting with the computer, since Monique made them both I highly doubt they'll conflict with each other - but you can probably read the (135) replies in her thread and find out.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 29, 19:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ATM machine is Moniqu's. It works with the computer and I have both installed.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 30, 03:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. No. I just moved out hte family, successfully Smiley but the new Monique computer I bought for them (I didn't throw the older one into their inventory) did not remember the loan. At all.

Big bummer, as this is a no cheat family :/

I might just be stating the obvious here but if the husband took out the loan it won't show up as an option if you send the wife to the computer and vice versa. I've definitely moved house and had the loan follow me, so maybe there's hope for your no cheat family.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 30, 05:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same dilemma, and I'm playing without cheats, too. 

Most of my families are poor, but this one particular family is living in super tiny house.  They have one child and just gave birth to twins!  They can't even afford to buy Monique's computer...let alone building onto the house or buying a new one!   Cheesy
They hardly have any points to spare for money trees!  I'm gonna have to really hustle when I play their house again.  I want them to get a loan to buy a new house.  I noticed in other houses I've played before, that if a Sim already has money deposited in an account, the option for a loan will not show up for them.  I didn't check to see if it was open to other Sims in the house, without an account.

I recently deleted Monique's ATM.  First because, I never used it...and secondly because my Hack Conflict Detector said there was a possible conflict with Monique's computer.   Huh

--green

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 30, 05:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently deleted Monique's ATM.  First because, I never used it...and secondly because my Hack Conflict Detector said there was a possible conflict with Monique's computer.   Huh

--green

There is no conflict between the computer and the ATM...they are meant to work together. The reason I have the ATM is because I can have it at a corner store and it only costs my sims a taxi ride to go get the loan. They won't ever be able to afford the computer until they get a loan. It makes sense to me...but maybe not to others.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 30, 10:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge made a morgage shrub. You could buy it for -$1000 or -$30,000 and sell them when you get the money. It's a very simple way to do it. I guess it's with Inge's stuff at The Laden Swallow now.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 30, 10:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Loans are personalized on Monique's computer system.  There is an option to check on other sims' accounts.  It's with the option 'check my account'.  If hubby took out the loan, only hubby's account will show the debt.  His wife can take out a separate loan.  Until she does, she will remain in credit.

The reason the ATM and the Computer show up on the HCDU is because they are using the same files to consistently calculate each account.  No point in Monique's ATM saying Sim A owes $1000 and then Monique's computer not knowing anything about it.

I think that one of Monique's computers must be on a lot for the interest accumulated dialogue to show up.  Try buying one for your poor family and then check the debtor's account.

I've heard good things about Inge's mortgage shrubs but I've never used them.

kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 30, 12:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed in other houses I've played before, that if a Sim already has money deposited in an account, the option for a loan will not show up for them.  I didn't check to see if it was open to other Sims in the house, without an account.

A family I am playing has the mother with a deposit account of $20,000.  The daughter was able to take out a loan to buy a community lot to open a business.  The interest the mother receives covers the loan repayments.

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 30, 14:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard good things about Inge's mortgage shrubs but I've never used them.

I use them all the time, and they're very handy.  (Oh, and they're 1,000 and 10,000, not 30k). The 1k one adds $10 in interest payments to the bills the sims get, and the 10k one adds $100 in interest payments, so they're not getting the 'loan' for free.  And if they sell the house before selling back the bushes, the value of the bushes remaining on the property is deducted from the money the sims get for selling the lot.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 30, 23:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I right in saying that Inge's mortgage shrubs charge 1% interest?  Monique's computer charges 3% with a whacking great fine for missed repayments added onto household bills.   I think that's why I stuck with Monique's. 

I used her computer to help families purchase most of the Nightlife Downtown lots for OFB.  It was hard trying to break even;  many of the lots cost over $100,000, so even after using all the money perks, loads of money was still owing, with interest accumulating in the $1000s. 

Once sims break even financially, it feels like I've clocked the game and there's no challenge left in it for me.  So I try to make it as financially hard as possible.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 31, 03:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's shrubs are 1% interest...the money is taken out of the sims account every morning...not added to the bills. I'm addicted to them.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
lovemysims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 31, 14:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elfpuddle, do you know what time the mortgage shrub takes the money? I keep trying to check how many I have on the lot, but I never remember when I am supposed to be watching.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 31, 18:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6 or 7 am, I think.

*Warning: I'm a week's drive and 14.5 days away from my game. I can't exactly test that theory.*

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 July 31, 18:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elfpuddle, do you know what time the mortgage shrub takes the money? I keep trying to check how many I have on the lot, but I never remember when I am supposed to be watching.

I think it takes it early in the day, too -- I'll check on it later while I'm playing, and let you know if someone else doesn't pop in with an answer.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 31, 19:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6 or 7 am, I think.

*Warning: I'm a week's drive and 14.5 days away from my game. I can't exactly test that theory.*

Congrats (almost!).  How long has it been?

ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 31, 19:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I left home on July 4th.

I'm having some serious Sims cravings....I wanna play!  Cry

greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 July 31, 19:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no conflict between the computer and the ATM...they are meant to work together. The reason I have the ATM is because I can have it at a corner store and it only costs my sims a taxi ride to go get the loan. They won't ever be able to afford the computer until they get a loan. It makes sense to me...but maybe not to others.

That does make a lot of sense, Misty.  I'm gonna go back and download that ATM machine.  I like when my Sims are able to do 'realistic' things in the game.  Sending them to an ATM would be the answer!  Wonder why I couldn't figure that out for myself?!!LOL!

--green
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: