More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:25:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB Pre-Mades' Faces Don't Match Their Genes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB Pre-Mades' Faces Don't Match Their Genes  (Read 2415 times)
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
OFB Pre-Mades' Faces Don't Match Their Genes
« on: 2006 August 07, 14:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The OFB pre-made characters seem to have genes that are slightly different from their actual faces.  With most sims, if you make a sim breed with herself, she'll have a son with her genes, and if you make him breed with himself, his daughter looks exactly like the original sim.  OFB sims look slightly differnt from their clone grandchildren.  Florence's eye sockets are wider and further forward than her genetic eye sockets; Malcolm's eye sockets and chin are different; and Theresa Ramirez (resurrected) has a shorter chin than her genes would dictate.  I haven't done plastic surgery on them and there is only one facial structure listed in Simpe.

When I tried doing minor plastic surgery on Florence Delarosa (enlarged her ears a smidge), a second facial structure appeared.  However, putting the second facial structure over the first did not change how her next son and clone granddaughter looked (well, perhaps the granddaughter's ears, not sure on that).  So, is there any way to get OFB sims' genes to match their faces?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: OFB Pre-Mades' Faces Don't Match Their Genes
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 07, 17:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that the OFB-characters were generated with faceblending off, so they don't receive the smoothing that evens out their facial features.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 08, 09:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried turning face blending off before having the originals get pregnant, but the clones still looked different from the originals.  Once you mentioned that though, I looked more closely at differences and saw that there's something un-recreatable about the original OFB characters.

Olivia Larson and her clone granddaughter both have the same hairstyle, but it looks much flatter on Olivia.  Same with Elise Larson, she has the same hairstyle as her clone but it looks a bit longer and fuller on her.  This stays true throughout all changes of the portraiture.  If these sims had been in the original game, I'd guess that they had the original style of their haircuts, just as there's a ghost with a beehive that's not available in the game.  Since they're newer characters it just seems weird.  Too bad too, since Elise Larson's hairstyle is a nice version than the one her clone can have.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 08, 09:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that the facegen routines were altered at some point in the development process, resulting in the facial models being generated slightly differently, but as is often the case, these sims may have been pre-stamped with the older algorithm.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: