More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 05:05:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Summer Life is Online!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Summer Life is Online!  (Read 15339 times)
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Re: Summer Life is Online!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 July 30, 16:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

too bad they doesn't have a guest book. I really want to thank the person.

Go Away
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 July 30, 17:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an email link.  I email any creator to give them praise if I'm especially appreciative of their work.  You'd be amazed at how surprised they are to get kind words!  I guess there's a lot of people out there that like to bitch out creators (which never ceases to amaze me).

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 July 30, 20:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting thank you emails is very rare. I noticed it back in the TS1 days, and I notice it again with TS2. Out of the maybe 4000 weekly visitors to my website, I get an average of 1 email. I'm happy about the rare emails, still. Thankfully, I don't really get any bitchy emails that some creators seem to get. There was one person who basically demanded me to change the layout of my website to the way she would have liked it to be, but, other than that, it's only grateful emails I get.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 July 31, 01:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an email link.  I email any creator to give them praise if I'm especially appreciative of their work.  You'd be amazed at how surprised they are to get kind words!  I guess there's a lot of people out there that like to bitch out creators (which never ceases to amaze me).

I only read the download specific threads on MST2 if I want specific information.  Otherwise I get too pissed off at people complaining about the download and/or demanding ridiculous modifications to the download.  Grrrr.

I haven't used anything in the Summer Life set, but what I've seen in CAS looks good.  Very impressive.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 July 31, 05:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did see the email link but I was afraid emailing to say thanks might be a bit "intrusive" and might be considered as "spam."
Wow, you mean you guys didn't mind thank you emails? I shall send one to the Summer Life kid soon!  Smiley

I always want to say thanks to people whose stuff I download but mainly I restrict these to GBs and thank you buttons (MTS2).

Go Away
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 July 31, 17:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure to put something positive in the subject line - they'll probably skim past all the negative emails they get and go right to yours.  I had several people tell me that's what they did.  It's too bad people have to write such nasty emails for something they got free, you know?  *shakes head.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 July 31, 18:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried this out (on my old dual-booting system, since I still don't have my new one yet), and I have to say it's pretty impressive. I like the music especially. They put a lot of work into this package.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 August 01, 02:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure to put something positive in the subject line - they'll probably skim past all the negative emails they get and go right to yours.  I had several people tell me that's what they did.  It's too bad people have to write such nasty emails for something they got free, you know?  *shakes head.

Thanks for the tip.I'll put something positive in the topic Smiley
I totally agree. Even if its crap ...it is free. Don't complain. At least they tried to make something and want to share - this is commendable. The quality is a side issue.

I don't believe in condemning people for their hobbies either. That is too nasty.

And why are your custom title changed again? LOL.... Roll Eyes

Go Away
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 August 01, 21:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I emailed the creator a few days ago and got a reply back today. He said I was like the third person to thank him and thanked me for thanking him.

Not at all awesome
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 August 01, 21:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you thank him for the thank you note? Grin

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 August 01, 23:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why are your custom title changed again? LOL.... Roll Eyes

Because JM loves me?  Actually, he claimed (in some other thread...don't ask me where) that my avatar was now satisfactory and now I was simply a Giraffe Person (see my selfsim in Made Up Animals for explanation).  I are just too tired to retrieve links.  Job searching and interviews really suck.

ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 August 02, 00:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still thinking good thoughts for you, starrling.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 August 02, 01:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I emailed the creator a few days ago and got a reply back today. He said I was like the third person to thank him and thanked me for thanking him.

Serious?! The third person?! This is ludicrous! I better send my thank you note asap.

Starrling, strive on! all of us will go through this phase a few times in our lives. I am sure eventually you will find a job which you will like Smiley
I wonder what a giraffe person is. I have been so 'out' of all these...lol. By the way, I prefer the simmie's av. I kind of missed it. I ought to change my av too lol...I have a nice simmie av I used at Nectere's.

Go Away
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 August 02, 02:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the votes of confidence.  I took a little nap, I feel better, my outlooks towards job-hunting is improved.  You know, after 27+ years in the workforce this is the first time I've had to look for a job.  Previously, all the opportunities came knocking at my door.  However, a move to another state, advancing age, and a fairly high unemployment rate are what's bogging me down.  I'll get over it.  I'm doing the power of positive thinking thing again (thank you JadeEliott) and it'll work.  BTW, my husband just got a job without hardly even trying.  AND, he's all negative thinking.  wtf?   Roll Eyes

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 August 02, 02:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Positive thinking is for wussies. If you believe something good will happen, you'll just be disappointed when it doesn't. Pessimists are never disappointed. Everything that goes wrong is simply vindication of one's viewpoint.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 August 02, 02:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh*  ...allpescadossuck

Don't you get tired of hearing seeing it? 

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 August 02, 03:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the kid now has a GB. I just signed it  Grin

And Starrling, always look on the bright side of life. At least now that you started an active search for your job, you learnt how it is like and most importantly, you learnt something new - at the very least you gained some new life experiences. Nothing is easy in life and in a lot of places in the world, people have to try very hard to get a job, not to mention a job they even remotely like.

So be thankful you need not have such experiences till now. A job hunt is never easy especially when the market is competitive and you have so many other factors to consider such as adjustment to relocation etc but if you keep thinking postive and striving to improve on your life skills, I am sure you will be considered for employment in most places. 

Age may be a factor but if you strive to improve yourself and are always enthusiastic to learn on the job, new skills etc and are able to let your potential employer see these good attributes in you , you will make it anywhere. This is what I always strongly believe in.

And the above are not idealistic.They are all realistic.

And JM does suck. Let's just kick him aside. If pessmistics are never disappointed, it is because they never try.

ETA: because of spelling errors  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2006 August 02, 09:08:53 by Jysudo » Logged

Go Away
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 August 02, 03:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jysudo:  you rock!

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 August 02, 09:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But your av don't say so. It says "nyah"  Tongue

LOL

Go Away
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 August 02, 20:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, just consider the source, since right now I'm a Juvenile Jackass (I really like that title).

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 August 02, 20:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep your hopes up, Starrling. The job market does indeed suck, but it's not hopeless. After getting laid off in 2002, I had a series of temp jobs and unemployment until a year and a half ago when I got the job I have now. It's tough out there, but it can be survived. Smiley

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 August 02, 23:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!

I just applied for several other jobs, but one is with the forestry service up here in Oregon (in the main office).  I would love that one! 

I'm getting good at filling out government applications.  I don't know if this is a good thing though.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 August 03, 02:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good because you are getting more efficient. Don't have to waste so much tiime filling them in anymore.

I hate my title! I am a nuisance!  Angry
I still like and miss "tasty tourist."

Go Away
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 August 03, 04:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll always think of you as tasty, Jysudo!  Wink

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 August 03, 06:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*coughs* should I say thanks?  Roll Eyes Tongue

Go Away
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »