More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 03:13:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freaky Toddler!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freaky Toddler!  (Read 13061 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Freaky Toddler!
« on: 2006 July 24, 14:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No wonder this poor toddler is looking miserable-look under her chin!

She stayed like this with her bottom teeth coming out under her jaw until she transitioned to a child, luckily she looks normal now. What causes glitches like this? Her parents are 2 ex-dormies now living in my regular downtown.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Freaky Toddler!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 24, 15:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma, did you try changing the toddler's appearance in a mirror? That usually corrects most facial glitches, whose cause is pretty much unknown.

On a side note: look at those red cheeks! Are you giving wine to your toddlers? Cheesy
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 24, 16:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she just forgot to use sunblock when she went outside.
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 24, 16:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the toddlers I have, had the same teeth problem.
 Freaky yes, but your tot is so darn cute Smiley

Welcome to the dark side, don't forget your flashlight.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 24, 16:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's strange...I've had lots of toddlers, but this is the first time I've ever seen this!  Now watch my next toddler turn out like this...  Undecided
tIIsuggas
Garrulous Gimp

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 24, 17:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

on the bonus DVD, one of the interviewees said they left in some of the glitches, and renamed them easter eggs.

Looks like you got one of the many easter eggs Emma.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 24, 17:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that's a new one.  "Those aren't bugs, they're easter eggs!"  Roll Eyes
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 24, 17:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The teeth thing is pretty common with toddlers when they're doing the 'screamy stompy' dance to get out of the crib. I've seen it with all of mine, but only with that particular animation.

Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 24, 17:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a glitch, she's just teething Wink
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 24, 18:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

She had it pretty much all of the time, except when she was playing with something on the floor. I did change her appearance to put the froggy hat on her (cos she grew up with the matching outfit)
Her rosey cheeks are a combination of Lyran's default skins and blushes Grin I like my toddlers to look consumptive Tongue

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 24, 19:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my toddlers have that when throwing a temper tantrum, too. Luckily I haven't had it stick on any of them yet.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 24, 21:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL

Poor little kid. *crosses fingers* I haven't seen that on my toddlers yet.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 24, 21:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My toddlers get that when they are throwing a fit too.  I always put it off to a glitch of them opening their mouths screaming and the image to "resetting" correctly.

Good to know that it's really a "feature".  Roll Eyes

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 24, 22:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't say that I've seen that teething problem before, but I have seen Ken-Doll teeth:

---
Torkle
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 24, 22:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The teeth thing is pretty common with toddlers when they're doing the 'screamy stompy' dance to get out of the crib. I've seen it with all of mine, but only with that particular animation.

Ah, but with Atavera's toddler blanket, they need never sleep in the crib.  Grin

As it happens, I've just had the first MATY self-sim progeny in my game. While not on the level of teeth in the throat, Reggikko thinks this baby is a bit . . . odd. The parents are Sim-Brynne Mk. IV and a clone of Phedge:

The complete series can be seen here.   Tongue

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 24, 22:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My toddlers get that when they are throwing a fit too.  I always put it off to a glitch of them opening their mouths screaming and the image to "resetting" correctly.

Good to know that it's really a "feature".  Roll Eyes

I have had quite a few toddlers with the external teeth.  I have only had two of them that still had it after they turned into a child.  That's when I just grew the kid up, which still had it as a teen and adult, moved him out and then deleted him.  A little too freaky.

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 July 24, 22:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hegelian, for some reason the expression on the baby's face reminds me of Elmer Fudd.  Tongue He does look like a cutie though after checking out the other pictures.

Atavera's toddler blanket is a must have in all of my houses with little ones.
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 July 24, 23:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happened a lot when I only had the the first without the expansions  but i don't see it much anymore... although I've noticed that some of the young adults in simpe have portaits of ... lock jaw. Cheesy  How weird.
I sometimes get that broken arm glitch where a sim's arm sticks out... I thought that was meant to be fixed.  Roll Eyes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 July 24, 23:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Atavera's toddler blanket is a must have in all of my houses with little ones.

I keep forgetting to use that!

Heg, your baby looks like a Kewpie doll Cheesy

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 July 24, 23:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hegelian: I tried the toddler blanket, but I found that it resets the smart milk glitch every time the toddler sleeps on it. Also with the blanket, they sleep a lot more (go to sleep when the energy bar is still half full), so I think it is clearly non-awesome.

Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 July 24, 23:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. I have not had any problem with losing the sticky smart milk when using the blanket. Maybe the parents in my game aren't the most doting, because toddlers sleeping more isn't such a bad thing.  Grin   In any case I haven't noticed a tendency for them to go to the blanket before the energy bar is 3/4 empty.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 July 25, 00:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine don't go to sleep until they are ready to drop dead because the baby controller drives them to skill, skill, skill!  So they are usually playing until they are ready to fall over, and they stop playing.  The controller will try to summon a parent or other older sim, but if they are all busy, the toddler will go curl up on the blanket by themselves.  Which is awesome in my opinion.  If they aren't doing anything, they'll go much sooner, but since the controller keeps them busy, they don't usually get a chance to wander off by themselves, unless I turn it off for some reason.  I also have not experienced any resets due to the blanket.  I have had to re-smart milk a lot of toddlers lately because of installing OFB and the patch, but that's a separate issue.

Also, I replied over on Laverwinkle about the baby pictures, but I sum it up here, I think the toddler looks cute.  Not disturbing at all.  Smiley
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 25, 00:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the toddler blanket a lot, and most of the toddlers are almost in the red before they finally wander over to it and go to sleep on their own. I also use the baby controller, so that's probably what causes that.

The only problem I've had with it is in some houses where it just seems to stop working, sort-of like it's reset to something else.  The toddler will go to it on their own, but stop next to it and have the thought balloon like something is blocking their path -- they're never able to actually get on the blanket.  Since it's so cheap I just delete it and put in a new one, and the problem goes away.  There's no consistency to this happening, so I can't even begin to point at some mod or hack causing it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 July 25, 00:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen when the blanket was against a wall and facing the wrong way. It is not immediately apparent which is the front since the arrows are beneath the blanket surface.   Tongue

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 July 25, 00:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually hold it down and drag it away from the wall, so that way it is facing outwards.  I do this by habit on most objects, I think.  Once I removed all my downloads to check a problem I was having, and you can often see which object custom content was cloned from.  I was surprised to see a baby bed sunk halfway through the floor!  Then I remembered what I did and realized that it was the baby blanket.  The part of the bed the babies lie on was level with the floor.  The sims couldn't use it, of course, because it had been modified, but I thought it was interesting to see how it turned out.  Of course I didn't save, because I never save when I'm testing like that, so everything was fine when I put my downloads back in.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: