More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 00:56:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't load pictures on another lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't load pictures on another lot  (Read 2234 times)
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
Can't load pictures on another lot
« on: 2006 July 21, 01:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like everyone who writes ongoing stories, I use a "dummy" lot and placeholder Sim for each new chapter. I seem to have hit some weird wall, though: I can no longer access new pictures that were taken on a different lot. Is there a limit to how many off-lot pictures the game can "see"?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Can't load pictures on another lot
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 21, 02:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes the picture sorting thing just goes squicky for no reason.

Two suggestions: put old pictures from previous chapters in a subfolder, and get the storybook viewer from MTS2. As long as you put one picture on a lot in-game, you can do the rest of the picture arranging and writing in the viewer, and it is much more accomodating about finding pictures.

http://www.transamerican.net/s2album/

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 21, 03:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes the picture sorting thing just goes squicky for no reason.

Two suggestions: put old pictures from previous chapters in a subfolder, and get the storybook viewer from MTS2. As long as you put one picture on a lot in-game, you can do the rest of the picture arranging and writing in the viewer, and it is much more accomodating about finding pictures.

http://www.transamerican.net/s2album/

There's also Sims2Blog. I find it's less buggy than the Album... actually, never found any bugs with the Blog, while the Album ate up two stories.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30596

Fail.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 21, 04:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions. I too have found the storybook viewer to be somewhat buggy, so I'll try the Sims2 blog once MTS2 comes back up.

Edit: After some testing, at least it appears to only be happening with one lot, and it's a lot I don't mind wiping chapters on as each one is completed. If it were my legacy lot, I would freak out a lot more. I wonder what it is about this particular lot though.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 21, 06:59:27 by neriana » Logged

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: