More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:21:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Loading Screen/Family Screen Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Loading Screen/Family Screen Problem  (Read 3580 times)
fallenspades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Loading Screen/Family Screen Problem
« on: 2006 July 18, 14:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reformatted my pc recently and reinstalled the game after a while. I had a backup of my neigborhood and downloads folder so I was able to play with the sims again after a few months of break. After creating new characters I searched on several forums for ways to improve framerate and ended up downgrading my nvidia graphics driver to 43.45.

Then I decided to update my OFB with the second patch, and update some hacks as well as d/ling new ones.

When I played the game and created a new character, I ended up with the character's portraid on the loading screen(which is abnormal by the way since you were supposed to see your sim posing instead of a large portrait on the loading screen.) Then the loading screens for cars are also corrupted, showing several screenshots instead of the car models.

Now I don't know what caused this, is it probably a hack? The graphics driver or the patch?

I recently downloaded the latest Insim, Inteen, Pescado's phonehack, releantwages, harderjobs-fix, bathroomusesyou, skillinator, localwalkby, macrotastics, customerselector, and restaurantandbar hack, along with squinge's swimpooltalk hack.

I updated with OFBp2, and the driver was nvidia 43.45.

Could any of these be causing these loading screen errors? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Loading Screen/Family Screen Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 18, 15:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
fallenspades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 18, 15:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heheheh, thanks for the humor, I seriously needed that after cursing two hours straight because of frustration. Seriously though... what could be causing this?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 18, 15:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heheheh, thanks for the humor, I seriously needed that after cursing two hours straight because of frustration. Seriously though... what could be causing this?

Well, that sounds like a really old nvidia driver -- I believe it was the 77.77 version (or around there) that was the last stable version with the sim, though some folks have reported success with the very newest ones.

But it also sounds like something got corrupted.  First thing to do is delete the 'groups.cache' file that you'll find in your /My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder.  That file caches a lot of dynamic game stuff, and is also prone to corruption -- lots of us have cleared up very odd problems just by deleting it and letting it rebuild (it'll do so next time you load the game).

If that doesn't work, you may have to delete the thumbnail files next, particularly the one for the neighborhood (make a backup first, just in case!).  Beyond that, you might need to reinstall the game, maybe.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
fallenspades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 19, 10:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... I've done all of the following except updating my forceware driver, maybe I should move up to a higher version. Any good suggestions on a good driver? I have an old crappy geforce2 mmx400. So I just figured older drivers might work better.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 19, 11:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For that card they will. Try finding a 5 series driver (Detonator 56.72 is the best one for a GF2 or 4MX).
fallenspades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 19, 16:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After removing the old driver and using an omega driver (unofficial) 61.77, game runs even smoother now(at least by my card's standards.)

A lesson to learn indeed.  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: