More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:49:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Blank Icons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blank Icons  (Read 3581 times)
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Blank Icons
« on: 2006 July 19, 19:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently got OFB and did a fresh install (I have all expansions except Family fun pack).

I created a few families and thought I'd try something new and have a household with mostly townies (semi decent looking ones at least) and having some problems.

One sim wants to be friends with herself.  It comes up in her want section almost everyday and I have no idea why.  Secondly, sometimes when I go into buy mode it is completely blanked out - as in there is no icons at all.  Thought it was a graphic problem but even if I try click on it (to see if it might just not be showing up) nothing happens.  I tried to restart the game, sometimes it goes back to normal and sometimes it does the blank icon problem again.

The hacks that I use are only from J.M, Twojeffs and a few from Inge. 

So my question is this, could this be a mod problem or has anyone else experienced this? I'm just wondering if it might be an idea to just re-install, since it's in the early stages.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: Blank Icons
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 19, 19:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did you get the house of townies? (tombstone, Inge's bush....etc?)

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 19, 19:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started it with one Cas sim, then just moved in some that she met downtown.  I used Inge's shrub a few times to quicken the process.  I had them all move in with the "propose - move in" option on my Cas sim though.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 19, 19:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I could solve the problem for certain, but this is what I know....

1) Wants reflecting on self...be friends with self, self kidnapped by aliens...are a sign of a "met self" memory.
2) Met Self memories are VBTs and signs of a BFBVFS.
3) The only time I've gotten met self memories are when, in ignorance and stupidity, I used the Puppy Killer (InSim) to make friends with everyone on the lot for story purposes. Instead of doing it one at a time, I did everyone. Poof, they all met themselves and things went downhill from there.

If this sounds like your problem, I would get rid of this version of your neighborhood, since it's new. If not, your problem is beyond me.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 19, 20:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes the signs of a BFBVFS is what I'm afraid of.  I just don't know if I should just re-install the whole thing so that it doesn't make me a sad panda in future  Tongue

I wonder if deleting the whole household and sims with it is a good idea....

Thanks for the help btw ElfPuddle, much appreciated.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 19, 20:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if deleting the whole household and sims with it is a good idea....

No, it's not because anyone else in the neighbourhood who has interacted with your Sims now has BFBVFS problems of their own.

I just don't know if I should just re-install the whole thing so that it doesn't make me a sad panda in future.

You don't have to reinstall, just delete the neighbourhood.  If it's a Maxian neighbourhood you can always get that back in the default state too.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 19, 21:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason I thought I'd go for the new install is because it's the only neighbourhood I've created and used so far.  Oh well, bye bye neighbourhood.

Thanks Bluesoup.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: